Status
Not open for further replies.

bismp

WiXZLf.jpg

-------2014-------
2006-2018-2010

And 2022 coming off the bench.

Almost zero defense, but this team would score 5 goals every game :lol:

Only in football Messi could play at the level he did from 2009-2013 and 2015 and there would be no agreement that he's the best.Because everything boils down to goals and nothing else.

L3v1s

Whether we love one or another, most of us probably wanted to see them player together atleast once. Truly the best sports rivalry of all time

L3v1s

-------2014-------
2006-2018-2010

And 2022 coming off the bench.

Almost zero defense, but this team would score 5 goals every game :lol:

Interesting that you bench 2022. I see current Messi as more fit for being the playmaker, as he's slower than 4 years ago. Plus he seems to assist every game nowadays. This team surely needs a good defence, what do you think?:lol:

I'd have the likes of Lothar Matthaus and Roy Keane in midfield, and a back four of Maldini-Beckenbauer-Nesta-Cafu. Neuer between the sticks.

Morten

Why is this bum talking about the WC? He never played in one. Chances are he never will.

In fairness he plays for a nation of perennial losers/bottlers in the world of football, i mean, even if prime Brazilian Ronaldo or Pele played for Norway we still wouldn't qualify for anything.
He could have picked England though, make life easier for himself.

Last edited:

bismp

Interesting that you bench 2022. I see current Messi as more fit for being the playmaker, as he's slower than 4 years ago. Plus he seems to assist every game nowadays. This team surely needs a good defence, what do you think?:lol:

I'd have the likes of Lothar Matthaus and Roy Keane in midfield, and a back four of Maldini-Beckenbauer-Nesta-Cafu. Neuer between the sticks.

2022 Messi seems to assist every game because he plays with Mbappe and Neymar, rather than old Suarez and the other bums :lol: And no disrespect to the 2022 version, but I don't get why being slower is an advantage over the 2018 version. The way I see it, taking into consideration the last few months leading to the WC, this is how I would rank the versions:

2010>2018>2022>2014>2006

soul24rage

2022 Messi seems to assist every game because he plays with Mbappe and Neymar, rather than old Suarez and the other bums :lol: And no disrespect to the 2022 version, but I don't get why being slower is an advantage over the 2018 version. The way I see it, taking into consideration the last few months leading to the WC, this is how I would rank the versions:

2010>2018>2022>2014>2006

For me, I would rank this way

2010>2022>2018>2014>2006

For me, 2022 is a much better leader than 2018 and 2022 seemed to recover that physicality back which is on par for me as that of 2018.

A shame that 2010 didn't had a better coach. Could have done some good damage with 2010 and with a better squad selection.

Last edited:

L3v1s

2010>2018>2022>2014>2006

My bad, I didn't use the right words when writing this. That part about him being slower as if it was an advantage makes no sense:lol: I was meant to add that I trust the 2022 Messi more than 2018(also taking into account the good Argentina moment that they have), and if he were to start with the other Messis he would be a classic 10, since he's not as fast as he was 4-5 years ago. He's been through a lot and certainly has the experience now(though he was experienced for big games even when he was fairly young)and is probably a better leader for the national team. The team spirit is also good, so that certainly counts. So yeah, 2018 Messi would be better off the bench for me.

Just seen soul24rage also mentioning the "leader" and the physicality part. He's certainly going into the tournament in a very good form, also due to the fact that this World Cup is taking place during mid-season.

malvolio

In fairness he plays for a nation of perennial losers/bottlers in the world of football, i mean, even if prime Brazilian Ronaldo or Pele played for Norway we still wouldn't qualify for anything.
He could have picked England though, make life easier for himself.

Fair enough, could run for president though. A la George Weah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans