Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.
stunning

Fh3i6TEX0AE8cC0
I could probably beat both at chess.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

2018 Messi was crap, it surprised me because he was top on club level during that time. 2014 Messi was a moment player. 2010 Messi was something else, created chances like crazy and great shooting but overall unlucky. I think this Messi will be better than the Messi of 2014 and 2018 version.

2018 Messi was crap, it surprised me because he was top on club level during that time. 2014 Messi was a moment player. 2010 Messi was something else, created chances like crazy and great shooting but overall unlucky. I think this Messi will be better than the Messi of 2014 and 2018 version.

Messi could have beaten Germany in South africa if Maradona picked Zanetti and Cambiasso instead of Scaloni and Gutierrez. What could have been. He was 23 then.

JamDav1982

He wasnt quite crap.. scored very good goal v Nigeria when they needed a win to get through and then assisted two in the 4-3 defeat to eventual champions France. Although was far below his best and looked dejected a bit. Probably knowing thay shit show would get blamed on him.

That team was an utter disaster with no structure at all. Lucky even got out of group reallly.

Messi best sides were the organised side Sabella put together in 2014 with Messi, Aguero, Higuain and Di Maria given freedom to go early as can when get ball.. that was done when first Aguero got injured and then Di Maria and Sabella decided to protect further a poor defence. Still went close to winning though.

Messis other best team is this one now which also has a clear way of playing and almost a club like enviroment. Individually it is a better team than they have had in past but not one of top teams in tournament... Portugal have better individuals let alone Brazil etc.

If Argies win it they will rely heavily on that defence and Messi having moments. They wont go out and blow decent teams away.

He wasnt quite crap.. scored very good goal v Nigeria when they needed a win to get through and then assisted two in the 4-3 defeat to eventual champions France. Although was far below his best and looked dejected a bit. Probably knowing thay shit show would get blamed on him.

That team was an utter disaster with no structure at all. Lucky even got out of group reallly.

Messi best sides were the organised side Sabella put together in 2014 with Messi, Aguero, Higuain and Di Maria given freedom to go early as can when get ball.. that was done when first Aguero got injured and then Di Maria and Sabella decided to protect further a poor defence. Still went close to winning though.

Messis other best team is this one now which also has a clear way of playing and almost a club like enviroment. Individually it is a better team than they have had in past but not one of top teams in tournament... Portugal have better individuals let alone Brazil etc.

If Argies win it they will rely heavily on that defence and Messi having moments. They wont go out and blow decent teams away.

Messi is best player in history. I wouldnt count him out even if it was 2026 tournament.

bismp

Dude you're saying you've been reading the forum the last 7 years or so, but supposedly you did not feel the need to create an account and post anything. And suddenly you get the urge to post 100 times in like 3 days :lol:

Last edited:
Dude you're saying you've reading the forum the last 7 years or so, but supposedly you did not feel the need to create an account and post anything. And suddenly you get the urge to post 100 times in like 3 days :lol:

Obviously there is an explanation : a) I am bored and b) I burned bridges with all my real life friends.

bismp

Agreed, he was quite crap in 2018, well below his standards and well below the 2017/18 and especially the 2018/19 level. The 2018 WC confirmed the theory that he is quite a moody player, when the team is crap, he seems to lose all hope and underperform too.

2014 was nothing extraordinary either. Even if Argentina had won the final, no one would put this performance among the greatest of all time. Argentina went to the final thanks to their defense and gritty play. Up to the Goetze goal, Arg had scored 2 and conceded zero in like 560 mins.

2010 was in retrospect his best individual performance, despite not scoring a single goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans