Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rassvet

I agree, but all the Messi is finished celebrations every time PSG loses. People should know he is 34 and shouldn't expect much.

The Messi boys can't have their cake and eat it too.

Earlier this week, this thread was filled with hype about what he and Argentina are capable of at the WC. Let's be honest, the only way Argentina is really a contender to win it is if Messi is in world class form throughout the tournament.

Then whenever he plays badly, the narrative goes back to "well he is old so don't expect too much."

Horatio

You're welcome

Earlier this week, this thread was filled with hype about what he and Argentina are capable of at the WC. Let's be honest, the only way Argentina is really a contender to win it is if Messi is in world class form throughout the tournament.

Then whenever he plays badly, the narrative goes back to "well he is old so don't expect too much."

Great self-reflection.

ajnotkeith

I agree, but all the Messi is finished celebrations every time PSG loses. People should know he is 34 and shouldn't expect much.

Well, he is a GOAT. 34 isn't that old especially for an AM/Inverted winger that never worked that hard on the field. He should be doing better at 34 given his crazy talents.

RF20

Banned

He'll score a pen against Nigeria and disappear in the knockouts, whilst taking the credit for his beautiful pre-pre-assist against Switzerland.

Stop doubting the GOAT you clown

Tackle

Ronaldo was mercilessly mocked on this forum for being a "flop" at Juve while scoring 100 goals in 3 seasons from ages 34-36 with a mediocre squad. Messi has 2 league goals in 10 months on a super team in Ligue 1 and every excuse in the book is made for him.

RF20

Banned
Ronaldo was mercilessly mocked on this forum for being a "flop" at Juve while scoring 100 goals in 3 seasons from ages 34-36 with a mediocre squad. Messi has 2 league goals in 10 months on a super team in Ligue 1 and every excuse in the book is made for him.

How dare you bring up official stats and use your brain bro?

It's all about vibes.

Messi averages more progressive carries per 90. That's what counts!

ajnotkeith

How dare you bring up official stats and use your brain bro?

It's all about vibes.

Messi averages more progressive carries per 90. That's what counts!

Progressive carries and pre-assists count too, but those are not stats you measure the GOAT in, those are stats you measure mid-table players in.

Messi once put up 50 goals in LaLiga in one season. So it's a bit sobering to see people bring up things like progressive carries now, even if they do count, it's really far from how we once saw him.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Well, he is a GOAT. 34 isn't that old especially for an AM/Inverted winger that never worked that hard on the field. He should be doing better at 34 given his crazy talents.

I disagree, I think Messi's signature dribbles, accelerations etc. are just not feasible anymore at this age, taking FKs and general finishing etc. would have declined a lot too (Messi is not a late peaker like Robben and Lewandowski etc.), however I expect his passes and vision etc. still as good as before or not too bad.

Granted I haven't watched him at all almost since he left, the only game I watched was the game against Madrid.

FinBarcelonafan

Yes, you guys didnt believe me when I said early in season Neymar will hold team back.

Anyway, I still put PSG as favs with Mbappe. Real will miss Kroos + Casemiro + Mendy.

Congratulations. You were right on Neymar.

Neymar-Messi-Mbappe has talent but lacks work rate or legs at this point

Porque

How many times has Favre got a result against PSG over the last 2 seasons? He may look like an arrogant c***, but boy does he know how to setup his team in this fixture and get the best out of his players.

Messi is actually looking decent on the ball. Off the ball he is working less than ever, but then you look at the league table and realise that Ligue1 is already over and that Messi is going to be leaving everything for those CL game(s).

On the otherhand Neymar is looking nowhere near fit. Looks a little chubby, and quite frankly- Miserable.

Media will kill him if he didn?t show up against madrid this Wednesday

Hopefully it only about saving it to the big matches in cl other than that we must be worried

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans