Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagIX

if we had to sell him, for sure a year earlier when he said he wanted to leave, so we could have made 100+ million.
Certainly not when his contract expired, so for free.

Morten

Laporta sold Messi at the right time imagine we were stuck with him for another 2 years with no salary budget because if his 1m a week wages for 5 years.

You are all over the place, earlier you said Barto would never have let Messi go, and used that as a stick to beat Laporta with, and now you give Laporta credit for something that was supposedly bad just a few months ago.

Can you make up your mind about Laporta and Barto at some point?

Messigician

You are all over the place, earlier you said Barto would never have let Messi go, and used that as a stick to beat Laporta with, and now you give Laporta credit for something that was supposedly bad just a few months ago.

Can you make up your mind about Laporta and Barto at some point?

Woah woah woah hang on there chief

Preventing Messi from leaving for free = good
Barto = right call

Messi's last game would have been 8-2 humiliation lol at least he left with Copa and nice pictures now and broke Pele's record.

Laporta lying to fans saying everything was agreed with Messi only to shove him out the back door = Bad.

But as time goes on it's clear that we couldn't really keep Messi so I give Laporta some coins for not going through with the 5 year contract even if it was possible with the CVC deal so I give him coins for that

It's never that black and white lol

MagIX

So no one rated him at 100m except us past few years.
Funny his contract was 100m+ per year.

2 minutes after knowing Messi is leaving, PSG immediately offered him a contract (currently the best paid player).
Little doubt they wouldn't have paid 100+ to barca a year earlier or years earlier to have him.

JamDav1982

PSG would not have paid Barca 100m for Messi.

They just would never have allowed Barca to get 100m from them and to pay 100m and then make Messi the highest paid player is a whole different ball game. Particularly before Neymar renews and if old FFP rules applied.

MagIX

PSG would not have paid Barca 100m for Messi.

They just would never have allowed Barca to get 100m from them and to pay 100m and then make Messi the highest paid player is a whole different ball game. Particularly before Neymar renews and if old FFP rules applied.

I agree, forgot about the rules.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Look at that Messi guys, 2011 vs Atletico, absolute unstoppable. Dribbling, passing, shooting were on another level. A time when the ball sticked at his left golden feet. Now compare this Messi to current Messi :(

Laplacian

Look at that Messi guys, 2011 vs Atletico, absolute unstoppable. Dribbling, passing, shooting were on another level. A time when the ball sticked at his left golden feet. Now compare this Messi to current Messi :(

My issue with you guys is that you all like to act like he was last world class 10 years ago, when he was pulling some incredible matches this time last year as well. Didn't he score about 30 goals within half a season...?

KingLeo10

My issue with you guys is that you all like to act like he was last world class 10 years ago, when he was pulling some incredible matches this time last year as well. Didn't he score about 30 goals within half a season...?

Also the trolls love to act like Messi is the only player who has declined substantially with age.

Maradona's prime lasted 5 years. Cruyff's 7ish years. R9 like 3-4 years. Romario 7-8 years. R10's like 3-4 years.

Messi's lasted a solid 11 years (2008-2019) so I don't know where all this rhetoric of him last being a professional player in 2015 or 2011 come from :lol:

Temptation

He's just talking about current Messi here though.

Temptation

Also the trolls love to act like Messi is the only player who has declined substantially with age.

Maradona's prime lasted 5 years. Cruyff's 7ish years. R9 like 3-4 years. Romario 7-8 years. R10's like 3-4 years.

Messi's lasted a solid 11 years (2008-2019) so I don't know where all this rhetoric of him last being a professional player in 2015 or 2011 come from :lol:

While all of that is true...
The thing is that back then the internet didn't break out in this way. I guarantee if that was the case back then those players would be dissed on social media too.

There's a general attitude amongst Football fans of "how dare you compare a current player to a famous retired player".

Once you retire you're looked at more fondly and automatically become way more protected.

Messi is miles better than R9 but try and tweet something against R9 and people will come hunting for you with comments like "You don't know about Football, kid" and "Kids these days"....but hate on Messi in a tweet and you'll get way more support.

Just a consequence of the global breakthrough of social media in this period.

Nostalgia bias is insane amongst Football fans. I'll upset a lot of people here too if I start comparing current Footballers to old "legends".

The only Footballing legend who gets proper hate by modern Footy fans is ironically the greatest one: Pele. You'll see dumbfucks everywhere go on and on about crap like "he counted goals he scored against his grandma."

CatalinR10

Congrats GOAT on already making PSG champion , with a big lead , with more rounds to be played while they lost it last year vs Lille.

JOB DONE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans