Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eibar and FIFA managed to make this a debate

images

Imagine half of those wherd penalties & offside goals 😭😭😭

Raketa10

Vitinha missed an open goal, Mbappe was a ghost during the entire game, Verratti lost the ball in his own box for the first goal. He than again lost the ball for the second goal out of which Bayern created that counter attack. Furthermore, Donnarumma conceded a laughable goal in the first game in Paris and PSG midfield lost every single duel during yesterday's game. However, 36y old Messi is the main problem. :lol: Unbelievable things!

Last edited:

fergus90

PSG were never going through regardless of Messi and Mbappe. Bayern are simply a better team than PSG.

To be honest PSGs shame is not losing to likes of Bayern and Real but it’s finishing 2nd in the group stage two years on the spin, so they meet a good team early.

ajnotkeith

Such a dumb argument.

On one hand you claim Barca are better without him even though we've gotten eliminated in the CL group stages in back to back seasons and then gotten dicked in the Europa League without Messi on the team. Something that never happened with him at Barca.

On the other hand you are equating all of the failures to him too.

So what is it?

We are also set to win the league after not winning it for 3 years and coming 3rd in his last season with us here.

Equally PSG have been 16'd twice since he went there.

He's not worth the money or squad role you have to concede for him, and the playstyle changes we'll have to make. We play with much higher intensity and pressing now and are seeing results for it.

Raketa10

Him being THE GOAT is one thing. I would say 99% of us on this forum can agree that he is indisputable GOAT. However, getting him back this summer for one more season would be dumb as fuck. He will be 36 in June. He is old, uncoachable, and he probably lacks motivation. Respecting him and his career is one thing, but giving him "one year tribute" just for the sake of old times would be dumb as fuck. Furthermore, we can all agree that we owe him a TRIBUTE GAME but definitely not a TRIBUTE SEASON. We have moved on and he has also. There is no turning point now. I am willing to bet Real will ship Modric out this summer and we are debating about returning a 36y old player. I love Leo but that would just be a seriously dumb move.

Last edited:

soul24rage

We are also set to win the league after not winning it for 3 years and coming 3rd in his last season with us here.

Equally PSG have been 16'd twice since he went there.

He's not worth the money or squad role you have to concede for him, and the playstyle changes we'll have to make. We play with much higher intensity and pressing now and are seeing results for it.

I wouldn't necessarily put everything on the intensity and pressing. We have a great squad now, MATS was revitalized and we had luck where we had games that we could have easily dropped points and had teams missing big chances (this season reminds me a lot of the 17/18 season with EV)

Rory

Just needs to renew with PSG to cement their downfall. They're so focused on the front 3 that the level in midfield and defence is so low a semi retired Ramos is their best man there.

Horatio

You're welcome
Just needs to renew with PSG to cement their downfall. They're so focused on the front 3 that the level in midfield and defence is so low a semi retired Ramos is their best man there.

Yeah, lol. Yesterday was easily noticable that Ramos, even though having lost pace, was clearly their best defender.

Porque

Yeah, lol. Yesterday was easily noticable that Ramos, even though having lost pace, was clearly their best defender.

PSG were a bit unlucky in defence. Marquinhos went off in the first injured for Mukiele who himself got injured and replaced before half time by Bitshiabu.

Bitshiabu is huge sizewise but plays like you would expect a 17 year old centreback.

The guy just finished football? his haters can keep trolling 😂

But in Europe there is 2 scenarios

Renew with Psg which I don?t see him want to & they can?t afford his salary
The second is joining man city which I don?t think at this point they can afford him also

So the🐐 will join miami or go to Saudi league

malvolio

I'd have him back just for the lols. The leeches have come out of their caves to tell us how he is a fraud. Jesus Christ :lol:

soul24rage

I do have great respect for Temptation and BarcaOG (especially with BarcaOG conceding Messi is the GOAT) after the WC final.

Can't say the same for the other though.

malvolio

I do have great respect for Temptation and BarcaOG (especially with BarcaOG conceding Messi is the GOAT) after the WC final.

Can't say the same for the other though.

Great respect? Mate, these are trolls on an Internet forum. You don't even know these guys. :lol:

soul24rage

Great respect? Mate, these are trolls on an Internet forum. You don't even know these guys. :lol:

I don't even know you and I still have respect for you. Don't know what's wrong with that.

Sure their opinions are thoughts that I don't agree with him and be outlandish (sometimes lol-worthy), but Temptation and BarcaOG could have easily just hid after the WC final like some users did and they congratulated Messi on his WC victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans