Liverpool

Temptation

Lavia is top talent, but very very young

IMO if that transition takes place Liverpool will be several steps behind Arsenal in challenging for the major domestic titles (but still favorites for the UEL)
Arsenal are buying Rice Havertz and Timber ready to slot in the starting XI and raise their level without a period of adjustment/development/nurturing.
Liverpool's only similar transfer is McAllister

Interesting developments in any case.

Let's not forget where Arsenal finished in the seasons prior.

This season will be the acid test. We'll find out if they're for real or just pretenders going through a purple patch.

I wouldn't swap our squad with Arsenal's ever.

The case could very well be that Arsenal had an unusually great season while we had an unusually shite one.

Temptation

Our core squad as it stands:

Attackers: Nunez, Salah, Diaz, Gakpo, Jota.

Mids: Mac Allister, Szoboszlai, Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago, Bajcetic, Elliott, Jones.

Defenders: VVD, Matip, Konate, Van Den Berg, Robertson, TAA, Tsimikas, Gomez.

With some youngsters you lot dunno and some signings to come.

Birdy

Let's not forget where Arsenal finished in the seasons prior.

This season will be the acid test. We'll find out if they're for real or just pretenders going through a purple patch.

I wouldn't swap our squad with Arsenal's ever.

The case could very well be that Arsenal had an unusually great season while we had an unusually shite one.

I don't believe the last line is the case.
The underlying numbers show Arsenal were the 2nd best EPL team last season, and that they have been steadily improving every 4 months since 2020.

Imagine now, on top of that, buying the best no6 in EPL, and replacing 2 weak positions in their starting XI with 2 top players.
I see them as Liverpool around 2018 or 2019 right now.

As for Liverpool, Klopp's ability in building is well-documented, but they are currently behind Arsenal. They need more time to integrate the already bought units (Nunez, Gagpko, etc) and buy more for the final rebuild phase (replacing Salah, VVD, etc)

Temptation

I don't believe the last line is the case.
The underlying numbers show Arsenal were the 2nd best EPL team last season, and that they have been steadily improving every 4 months since 2020.

Imagine now, on top of that, buying the best no6 in EPL, and replacing 2 weak positions in their starting XI with 2 top players.
I see them as Liverpool around 2018 or 2019 right now.

As for Liverpool, Klopp's ability in building is well-documented, but they are currently behind Arsenal. They need more time to integrate the already bought units (Nunez, Gagpko, etc) and buy more for the final rebuild phase (replacing Salah, VVD, etc)

With Klopp you never know. If he's on it, he might make the signings look like World Beaters pretty soon.

Birdy

With Klopp you never know. If he's on it, he might make the signings look like World Beaters pretty soon.

He does that yeah.
But more time and more replacements needed to make the whole thing click IMO
Arsenal look ready to challenge on all fronts after the last transfers

mc_lovin

Our core squad as it stands:

Attackers: Nunez, Salah, Diaz, Gakpo, Jota.

Mids: Mac Allister, Szoboszlai, Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago, Bajcetic, Elliott, Jones.

Defenders: VVD, Matip, Konate, Van Den Berg, Robertson, TAA, Tsimikas, Gomez.

With some youngsters you lot dunno and some signings to come.

Squad looks pretty weak, no?

KingLeo10

Called Pool being on the decline while Temp was twerking for the quadruple.

Fast forward 1-1.5 years and they go trophyless and don't even make CL lmao. And get humiliated in Europe.

Another day, another W for me over the VVD nut bungee jumper :lol:

Temptation

Says the guy who openly twerked for Lewy calling him a top 5 striker ever!

Spineless cockwomble now disses him every Gameweek. :lol:

You have your nuts in your brain you autistic dork. :messi:

Porque

Temp mate. Not too hot on how your signings look on paper to be honest. But who knows, 12 months time after a drop of Klopp they may well look like incredible pick-ups.

PL is unrelentless for re-builds, but atleast the league offers the financial cushion of missing out on the CL not being that much of a hit.

What's your feeling on how your shaping up?

Jenks

I thought Henderson would stay but I supposed £700k a week is hard to turn down.

If both Fabino and Henderson leave, then kLopp needs at least 1-2 more deep lying mds
Thiago will also leave either now or next summer.
I could see Jones being converted into a #6. He's just played that role in a double pivot throughout the U21 Euros.

Temptation

Huge development.

Liverpool close to Pavard!!!!

This is big.

This means Trent is permanently moving to midfield. Please make it happen.

Home of Barca Fans