Lliga: (El Clasico) FC Barcelona - Real Madrid 2-1

Mido

Mosaic for El clasico:
49837.jpg

The #12 represents the crowds as they are the 12th man.

Barca stadium supporters never been the loudest supporters out there.

Mido

We will see the same starting lineup like we saw vs City. That is sure. Hopefully Ney improves his finishing and other people on MSN too. 2nd half vs City was like a more resting thing so we should have everyone ready for El Clasico. This will be a very nervous game, but we will see a great atmosphere at Camp Nou I believe. Our defending has improved so we should be able to control them in attack. But they will definately have their chances and we need to make sure we don't let them score those. We handled Agüero very good against City, all options he had was to make some long shots.

Let's forget the fact that Neymar and Suarez can act like cry babies sometimes when the get subbed/benched and imagine we are in a pure theoretical world. Amongst these following players, there is at least one that shouldn't start (fitness wise) if we want to control Real Madrid : Rakitic : played at a very high pace aganst City (tired) / Iniesta : cannot play 180 minutes per week IMO / Neymar : same as Rakitic

It doesn't make any sense to play el Classico if every player can't afford to give at least 85% of what he's got.

Siberia

I , very highlghy, doubt it.

Why? if he's on the pitch training with the players, hes most definitely fit. And his last game was like 2 weeks ago, so he definitely shouldnt be out of form (plus it was only an ankle injury, not a muscle injury)

Bucky

Penya Member
Let's forget the fact that Neymar and Suarez can act like cry babies sometimes when the get subbed/benched

Don't mistake lash outs etc for being a cry baby. Can they not be disappointed with their own individual performance? Like Suàrez the other week, believe it was against Rayo? He was subbed off and shook his head, looked annoyed. However that wasn't to suggest he was "crying" because Lucho took him off, it was because he was upset with himself for not having a better game and taking more chances. Just sayin'.

raskolnikov

If we win el classico we go 4 points up, will also be the last game in march

In april we face:

-Celta (A)
- Almeria (H)
- Sevilla (A)
- Valencia (H)
- Espanyol (A)
- Getafe (H)

Cl Quarter finals between Sevilla/Valencia and Valencia/Espanyol.

Really tough month with several tough games/potential slip ups where we can lose points: Celta away, Sevilla away, Valencia home, Espanyol away.

Meanwhile Real will face:

- Granada (H)
- Rayo (A)
- Eibar (H)
- Malaga (H)
- Celta (A)
- Almeria (H)

Cl between Eibar/Malaga and Malaga/Celta, only potential slip up realistically is Celta away.

Therefore its extremely important to lead them come may so they dont get too confident on build momentum, a 4 point lead would help us greatly in april. 1 point lead will eb difficult to keep and losing would potentially kill our season.

Our may schedule is slightly easier than Real though:

- Cordoba (A)
- Sociedad (H)
- Atletico (A)
- Depor (H)

Real:
- Sevilla (A)
- Valencia(H)
- Espanyol (A)
- Getafe (H)

So we lead them late april we should take the title, conclusion: beat Real 3+ goal difference preferably!

Icarium

Lifestealer
Celta, Sevilla, Espanyol, Valencia and CL quarters. So many tough matches. Really worried, i hope we won't drop points.

Raki and iniesta can easily do 90 minutes vs real on sunday. They are athletes and wednesday-sunday is a long enough rest. No prob. Its not like they have played all the matches this season neither.

It will be a tough one.

mazp

I'm very positive. We should win this.

We definitely can, it's just that we had a mid week game, where as Madrid had a full weeks rest. I don't know, it could go 50/50. Madrid's form hasnt been great, but you know the old cliche.. Form goes out the window,..I would take a draw and no injuries at this point. Draw wouldn't be the end of the world..

serghei

If we win against Madrid and we take all points from Sevilla-Valencia-Espanyol we are on a great path for winning La Liga.

serghei

Does the away goals count in the h2h? For example, if we win 4-2, Real will win the league in case of equal number of points or it goes to goal difference.

Home of Barca Fans