Lliga: Real Madrid - FC Barcelona 3-1

You should just be a bit optimistic dude..Even if we lose this game, the season is not lost :lol: it is still October.

I cant understand where the optimism is coming from though? as we havent played particulary well which is troubling, we lost the only "big game" this season so far, we dont score or create alot more than last year, we cling to the hope that somehow Suarez will pull a rabbit out of the hat and save us. Granted Bravo has looked ok in goal but thats about it on the plus side.

F

Flavia

In fairness Madrid are European Champions and playing at home while Barca got a new rookie coach and need to adapt to a lot of new concepts. Expecting Barca to lose isn't that outlandish. I won't even be mad if Barca does lose. Strangely calm about this. Too early in the season, would still remain top of the league and also I'm far too excited to see Suarez play in the next few weeks, dropping 3 points can't kill my mood. Winning in the Bernabeu at this stage is just a bonus without a fit and firing Suarez.

The 4 point cushion is a great one to have now.

Just hope this clasico won't be violent. Just football.
large.jpg

@MrAncelotti:
"We can't leave any spaces for Barcelona's strikers. We have to defend with two lines."

rm parking a bus?

Kerrybai

What's Messi's record for that? I remember reading it was 10 too. And would you also know the actual record for most consecutive games scored? Honestly, 10 games is mighty impressive.

Edit: Just checked. Messi's record is 10 games. And ironically, the streak was ended by Real Madrid at the Bernabeu (1-1 draw in Copa del Rey 12/13)

That's right. Messi does hold the record in league football though. Here is the list, Messi has not been added. He had 33 goals in 21 which smashes the record. http://www.rsssf.com/players/scoringstreaks.html

serghei

"We can't leave any spaces for Barcelona's strikers. We have to defend with two lines."

rm parking a bus?

Let's hope they do. I'm more concerned about RM going all out on us. Pace is not our friend, is theirs. So, a game in which they sit deep is easier for us than a high pressing line from Madrid.

Since this is not a must win game for us, I fancy playing against a parked bus, with 65-70% possession of the ball.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys, new member here from Toronto.

Very anxious for the match on Saturday, and would love it if Suarez starts.

I know this has been discussed to death, but shouldn't starting Masch as DM be a no brainer at this point? I don't think Busquets deserves to be starting anymore he has regressed a lot over the years and I was thinking something along the lines of:

Neymar Messi Suarez
Iniesta Masche Rakitic
Mathieu Alba Pique Alves
Bravo

And bringing on Xavi for Rakitic at some point. RM's midfield is superb (maybe not defensively, but still) and I think this is where the match could be decided.

I also think our defense isn't as good as our record suggests but look at how well Barca did last year in the league matches vs Madrid. Anything can happen.

Agreed with you on Busquets and the lineup

Welcome!

Kohe321

Let's hope they do. I'm more concerned about RM going all out on us. Pace is not our friend, is theirs. So, a game in which they sit deep is easier for us than a high pressing line from Madrid.

Since this is not a must win game for us, I fancy playing against a parked bus, with 65-70% possession of the ball.

I'm not so sure actually. If they went all out in attack they would probably score, but also leave so much space and openings for our deadly offence that I am sure we would outscore them. If they force our entire team up the field, we risk getting hit with deadly counterattacks with every loss of possession. This is our biggest weakness and one of RMs biggest strengths.

If they park the bus, then I really hope we start Masch in midfield for his pace and ability to disrupt counters. Also, if they park the bus and force our team far up the field, I predict a lot of nailbiting every time Dani Alves gets the ball (well, more than usual) as it seems we lose possession more often than we keep it when he gets it.

Regardless of the tactic Ancelotti uses, it will most likely be a really tough game. I'm cautiously optimistic about this one.

Last edited:

ManusXavi

My final line up prediction. Not one I'd choose but the one I think we will see
Bravo
Alves, Masche, Pique , Mathieu
Rakitic, Busquets , Iniesta
Pedro, Messi , Neymar

amircule

Bale and Coentrao are officially out of rm squad .

Goalkeepers: Casillas, Keylor Navas and Pacheco.
Defenders: Ramos, Pepe, Varane, Nacho, Marcelo, Carvajal, Arbeloa.
Midfielders: Kroos, Khedira, James, Modric, Illarra, Isco.
Forwards: Cristiano Ronaldo, Benzema, Chicharito.

Egert

Estonian Culé
The Liga prepares a massive DDOS-attack against free streaming websites during the clasico tomorrow to try to make them unavailable. [yahoo]

2dsl6hj.gif

Frodo_FCB

The Liga prepares a massive DDOS-attack against free streaming websites during the clasico tomorrow to try to make them unavailable. [yahoo

Shit that's very bad news for me, if it really happens.
There are so many streams though and these guys who manage them are good.

Home of Barca Fans