Luis Enrique

Lomar1o

Prediction (and its MAY 2014! remember me, i will remind this when time comes):

He will prove fully unable to handle this team right now, apart from his general managerial abilities. Concerning the latter, he is much less competent than Tito, in the same tactical domains and within the same ideas and style.. He could not infuse a single team spirit, while he could not teach the football he advocated during his reign at Roma, who supposedly played nice football, but actually played same shit as in previous years..
His success in the protected greenhouse called Barca B, sorry i dont count (plus the fact that he received a ready built team from Pep with all the benefits of his hard work and without all the daunting tasks of the first team)
He is trying to copy Guardiola in whole, but he doesnt 'have it' at all. Even Tito, the right hand of Pep, talking to each other every single day and being together for so many years, failed when he left..
It is much more than this to become successful coach at Barca. The Guardiola model is not a worn shirt to wear it even in bodies that dont simply fit!

Apart from all this, his inability in psychological traits of a teacher-leader of the team, will hamper every positive tactical rearrangement (if any) considering the situation right now.. He is not even going to be taken seriously by the -right now- arrogant and inflated egos at the Nou Camp. Being an important player for 8 years doesnot say really anything, let alone that he has not connected his name with any big success in the history of the club.
And for the stupid board: Guardiola's success is not a recipe to implement every time things go wrong..

What Barca needs right now and some fail to see, is first and foremost a rigid coach that can restore discipline and hard work ethic, infuse hunger again in this team, while at the same time maintaining some football principles that constitute Barca's identity (So, Simeone or Klopp excluded straight away just because of this..)

With all this said, you can all understand that
1) there is no ready made solution waiting
2) the best would be a Guardiola return which is not possible at all
3) a Van Gaal return was, even with his history at Barca, a better solution than Enrique.

amen :worthy: barca will have a decent first half of a new season. then we will fail again

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
He tried to make them play like us. Tried to change way too many things too quickly. Besides, It's not like Roma were world beaters before he came, they only ended a place below what they managed the season before. Can't be compared to Moyes.

Ok, I didn't know the context of these stats, but nevertheless it's not like Roma was happy with him because he had one year left on his contract.

Richard.H

Prediction (and its MAY 2014! remember me, i will remind this when time comes):

He will prove fully unable to handle this team right now, apart from his general managerial abilities. Concerning the latter, he is much less competent than Tito, in the same tactical domains and within the same ideas and style.. He could not infuse a single team spirit, while he could not teach the football he advocated during his reign at Roma, who supposedly played nice football, but actually played same shit as in previous years..
His success in the protected greenhouse called Barca B, sorry i dont count (plus the fact that he received a ready built team from Pep with all the benefits of his hard work and without all the daunting tasks of the first team)
He is trying to copy Guardiola in whole, but he doesnt 'have it' at all. Even Tito, the right hand of Pep, talking to each other every single day and being together for so many years, failed when he left..
It is much more than this to become successful coach at Barca. The Guardiola model is not a worn shirt to wear it even in bodies that dont simply fit!

Apart from all this, his inability in psychological traits of a teacher-leader of the team, will hamper every positive tactical rearrangement (if any) considering the situation right now.. He is not even going to be taken seriously by the -right now- arrogant and inflated egos at the Nou Camp. Being an important player for 8 years doesnot say really anything, let alone that he has not connected his name with any big success in the history of the club.
And for the stupid board: Guardiola's success is not a recipe to implement every time things go wrong..

What Barca needs right now and some fail to see, is first and foremost a rigid coach that can restore discipline and hard work ethic, infuse hunger again in this team, while at the same time maintaining some football principles that constitute Barca's identity (So, Simeone or Klopp excluded straight away just because of this..)

With all this said, you can all understand that
1) there is no ready made solution waiting
2) the best would be a Guardiola return which is not possible at all
3) a Van Gaal return was, even with his history at Barca, a better solution than Enrique.

I would not be the least bit surprised if this is true...

ivan_barca

This is how I imagine our team for the next season.

--------------------------------Ter Stegen/?-------------------

--Montoq/? --------Pique/Bartra-----------D.Luiz/Laporte--------Alba(Adriano)

---------------------------------Busquets/?----------------------------------

-------------------Febregas/Koke--------------Iniesta(Rafinha)-----------------

--------Messi(Pedro)-------------Aguero/Suarez-------------------Neymar(Deulofeu)

Last edited:

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
This is how I imagine our team for the next season.

--------------------------------Ter Stegen/?-------------------

--Montoq/? --------Pique/Bartra-----------D.Luiz/Laporte--------Alba/Adriano

---------------------------------Busquets/?----------------------------------

-------------------Febregas/Koke--------------Iniesta/Rafinha-----------------

--------Messi(Pedro)-------------Aguero/Suarez-------------------Neymar/Deulofeu
You think Messi is gonna play RW constantly :lol:

barca1899

Victor Vazquez (Brugge, ex-Barcelona B): "Luis Enrique's style is Guardiola's style, but with more balls. He's a great motivator." [ser]

Ocelot

Where exactly are we going to find the money for all these players?

If you exclude Suarez (He won't leave liverpool anyway) I think we can offord to get those players if we sell players like Song, Mascherano (I hope not), JDS, Tello, Sanchez (Don't want him to leave either).

But as previously said, I'm sure Messi won't play on the right, if anything he will play behind Aguero.

My memory isn't the best but is it this season that Aguero suffered this many injuries? or he was injury prone all his career?

Thanks!

barca1899

Longas (ex-Barcelona B): "Luis Enrique pressures you a lot, very demanding, says things to your face, tries to get the best out of you" [lx]

Home of Barca Fans