Luis Enrique

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Lucho's stats with Roma: 7th places 16W 8D 14L 60GF 54GA 56pts I don't know, these stats reminds me Moyes and now marca is saying that he is Barca's chosen one :facepalm:

He tried to make them play like us. Tried to change way too many things too quickly. Besides, It's not like Roma were world beaters before he came, they only ended a place below what they managed the season before. Can't be compared to Moyes.

serghei

I don't even care that much about tactics. Tactics are overrated. Now, the manager should be a motivator first. If he is the guy who will make the players -- Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Alves etc. (all subpar season) -- understand that without effort and hard work winning is almost impossible, than Lucho FTW. If not... bummer.

But I want to believe that the players feel bad about this season, and will feel they have something to prove in the future. 5-6 new faces should help too.

I

instinct

Luis Enrique's contract with Barca will be a 1 year contract plus an additional year (1+1) #fcb

JamDav1982

Because Roma's squad back then was as good as United's nowadays. Flawless logic

Lucho bought a lot of the dross he had to work with at Roma. I think only Pjanic remains of the players he brought in.

He got it massively wrong the standard of player they needed.

spark

Lucho bought a lot of the dross he had to work with at Roma. I think only Pjanic remains of the players he brought in.

He got it massively wrong the standard of player they needed.

To be fair Lamela was quality a signing so was Steklenbeg (on paper). Osvaldo would still be there if he wasn't crazy.

Gaudi

I just dont' believe he is a soulution, or a coach that will get us back on track, more likely we'll be having same conversation as today next year in same time

onzeXI

I just dont' believe he is a soulution, or a coach that will get us back on track, more likely we'll be having same conversation as today next year in same time

That's a possibility...

9858841-large.jpg

EternTito

Pjanic did say he would like to play at Barcelona when asked... the link with Enrique is clearly there, whether he wants him is another matter.

I have a feeling he'll be blinded by the money PSG throw at him in the summer.

Birdy

Prediction (and its MAY 2014! remember me, i will remind this when time comes):

He will prove fully unable to handle this team right now, apart from his general managerial abilities. Concerning the latter, he is much less competent than Tito, in the same tactical domains and within the same ideas and style.. He could not infuse a single team spirit, while he could not teach the football he advocated during his reign at Roma, who supposedly played nice football, but actually played same shit as in previous years..
His success in the protected greenhouse called Barca B, sorry i dont count (plus the fact that he received a ready built team from Pep with all the benefits of his hard work and without all the daunting tasks of the first team)
He is trying to copy Guardiola in whole, but he doesnt 'have it' at all. Even Tito, the right hand of Pep, talking to each other every single day and being together for so many years, failed when he left..
It is much more than this to become successful coach at Barca. The Guardiola model is not a worn shirt to wear it even in bodies that dont simply fit!

Apart from all this, his inability in psychological traits of a teacher-leader of the team, will hamper every positive tactical rearrangement (if any) considering the situation right now.. He is not even going to be taken seriously by the -right now- arrogant and inflated egos at the Nou Camp. Being an important player for 8 years doesnot say really anything, let alone that he has not connected his name with any big success in the history of the club.
And for the stupid board: Guardiola's success is not a recipe to implement every time things go wrong..

What Barca needs right now and some fail to see, is first and foremost a rigid coach that can restore discipline and hard work ethic, infuse hunger again in this team, while at the same time maintaining some football principles that constitute Barca's identity (So, Simeone or Klopp excluded straight away just because of this..)

With all this said, you can all understand that
1) there is no ready made solution waiting
2) the best would be a Guardiola return which is not possible at all
3) a Van Gaal return was, even with his history at Barca, a better solution than Enrique.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
My prediction:

Im not fucking psychic. Lets wait and watch and support him fully.

Home of Barca Fans