Luis Enrique

FC B

Van Gaal era at the club was the time I started supporting Barca but I'm not sure if it'd be the best decision to appoint him now :p

Egert

Estonian Culé
Barcelona will on Monday or Tuesday announce that former Barcelona player Luis Enrique (44), now at Celta, will be the new coach. [rac1]

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
So the man who failed at Roma is getting the job at Barca? Interesting..................

What's he done to warrant the job? What's he done at Roma and at Celta that shows he can create a system, an identity of play and improve players?

Just some questions as an outsider I am posing to myself really.

mazp

So the man who failed at Roma is getting the job at Barca? Interesting..................

What's he done to warrant the job? What's he done at Roma and at Celta that shows he can create a system, an identity of play and improve players?

Just some questions as an outsider I am posing to myself really.[/QUOTE

Your not alone..

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

He did great as Barca B coach in the segunda division and he took Celta, who barely escaped relegation last year, to 8th place in la liga. Not to mention that, if you look at 2014 alone, Celta have done amazingly well under him .

Ursegor

World Champion

What do you mean he "failed" at Roma? He took a side that finished 6th and finished 7th while introducing a different playing style. Hardly a big failure, even more so considering it was his first job as manager in first division football in a completely alien and difficult environment for him that is Serie A.

With Celta he has taken a side that escaped relegation on the final day of the season last year and finished equal on points with Valencia this season while offloading the world class talent that is Aspas for € 9M to Liverpool and playing beautiful football with the ressources at his disposal.

His achievements with Barca B don't need mentioning.

He doesn't need to show that he can create a "system" or "identity", although he did with Celta this season. Barca already have a non-negotiable style and identity in place. The most important factor is that he knows Barca. From being a player to being a youth coach, he knows this club, its style and everything inside out. On top of that he is leader personality like Puyol. He always put in the effort as a player and he'll do so as a coach.

Your alternative would be?

Home of Barca Fans