Luis Enrique

I

instinct

I call BS. Lucho is not stupid enough to play the best player in the world out of position. The only reason why he doesn't play with a false 9 at Celta is that no one there can play that role.

We don't talk necessarily about moving Messi to the right wing here. Lucho's plan could be to let Messi play behind a real striker because then Messi wouldn't be alone in the centre which is IMO a massive problem in this season.

However, IF it means to move Messi to the right wing, I won't appreciate it.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I call BS. Lucho is not stupid enough to play the best player in the world out of position. The only reason why he doesn't play with a false 9 at Celta is that no one there can play that role.
Messi's preferred position is behind a striker like for Argentina he said so himself so we might be seeing a no 10 transition under Lucho for messi

We don't talk necessarily about moving Messi to the right wing here. Lucho's plan could be to let Messi play behind a real striker because then Messi wouldn't be alone in the centre which is IMO a massive problem in this season.

However, IF it means to move Messi to the right wing, I won't appreciate it.

This. If we're moving Messi, it should be to CAM, not RW.

Egert

Estonian Culé
---------cf--------
njr-------messi-----
iniesta-----------cesc/rafa
---------busi------------

ST*
No one on the right wing? We wont have Dani next season so right wing will be empty(in case we wont get Cuadrado).

Last edited:
IMHO, the evolution needed for this squad is into the 3-4-3

Pep tried it in his last season. Didn't really work.

We could try a formation that starts as 4-3-3 and is a 4-3-3 (with Messi at RW) while defending, but a 3-4-3 (with Messi at CAM and the RB pushed up as the RW) while attacking. Still, both Neymar and Messi on the wings will make us weak defensively due to their lack of defensive workrate. Especially when you couple that with Alba and Alves (or a new attacking RB).

Alternatively, the striker could start as the RW (and move inside as the striker when the RB pushes up). We could even try Alexis for this role.

Last edited:
I

instinct

994336_FC_Barcelona.jpg

Couldn't this work?

serghei

994336_FC_Barcelona.jpg

Couldn't this work?

I think this formation doesn't improve one bit an important aspect in our game. Our lack of physical strenght. It has been rumored in the media that Lucho wants some muscle in midfield, some athleticism of some sort. I agree 100%. A new, fast and strong CM is a must -- preferably box-to-box profile. Also, Montoya is not good enough to start for us. It's either Alves or a new RB. Cesc's place in this team is on Iniesta's position, CAM. These two could share minutes, or else Cesc should be sold. The three in the middle should be 1 DM, 1CM (box to box), 1 CAM. Also, Messi's place in this team is on central areas of the pitch. Not on the wings.

I

instinct

I think this formation doesn't improve one bit an important aspect in our game. Our lack of physical strenght. It has been rumored in the media that Lucho wants some muscle in midfield, some athleticism of some sort. I agree 100%. A new, fast and strong CM is a must -- preferably box-to-box profile. Also, Montoya is not good enough to start for us. It's either Alves or a new RB. Cesc's place in this team is on Iniesta's position, CAM. These two could share minutes, or else Cesc should be sold. The three in the middle should be 1 DM, 1CM (box to box), 1 CAM.

Yeah, I agree. I thought about replacing Cesc with Vidal in this line-up but since I love Cesc I put it that way. Vidal would solve many of our problems immediatly. This squad would be balanced and Messi would play besides Neymar behind a striker. I think it would be much better than it is currently. IMO we should reduce our play from the wings since most of the tries are useless.

The RB spot is to discuss. IMO Montoya would be great but I respect and understand your opinion that he is not ready.

I think this formation doesn't improve one bit an important aspect in our game. Our lack of physical strenght. It has been rumored in the media that Lucho wants some muscle in midfield, some athleticism of some sort. I agree 100%. A new, fast and strong CM is a must -- preferably box-to-box profile. Also, Montoya is not good enough to start for us. It's either Alves or a new RB. Cesc's place in this team is on Iniesta's position, CAM. These two could share minutes, or else Cesc should be sold. The three in the middle should be 1 DM, 1CM (box to box), 1 CAM. Also, Messi's place in this team is on central areas of the pitch. Not on the wings.

Someone like Pogba or Vidal could definitely be good, especially considering that our CB will probably be Luiz and our RB will probably either be Alves or Cuadrado, so the rest of the team will have to help the defense out, especially the midfield. We need to start defending as a team again anyway (meaning bring back the pressing game we had under Pep), even more so with such attacking-minded players in defense.

Last edited:

serghei

994352_FC_Barcelona.jpg
994357_FC_Barcelona.jpg

How about this, with Vidal as box-to-box, slightly more defensive approach.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans