Luis Enrique

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Good decision to put Messi on the right. Gave him far more space than he usually gets against Atletico. Credit where its due.

Leo_Messi

One should give credit where credit is due. Well done Lucho. The pressure must have been enormous before the game given the chaos the club was in the whole week.

Anyway let's wait and see what this develops into. I sure as hell hope that some consistency will arrive and that most of the destructive rumors in the media will vanish. They will if the team will deliver on the pitch.

I wanted to see a similar lineup for a very long time and Xavi's absence was in hindsight a blessing in disguise.

As others have written then the Busquets-Xavi-Iniesta midfield trio is past it and should only be used against weak teams at the Camp Nou. That was proven against RM and La Real.

This means that Xavi should not play against the top teams from the start anymore. He would be perfect as a substitute if the team is ahead and needs to retain possession. Otherwise he should start on the bench.

The direct approach was also very encouraging and the team should definitely use a similar approach more often. Especially away from home. With such a deadly trio upfront it would be foolish not to have a more direct approach.

The first half was the best performance in years. Really enjoyable as well.

Anyway I would also like to see this formation away from home. Against weaker opponents.

---------Neymar-----Suárez-----------

-----------------Messi------------------

-----------------Rakitic-----------------

Alba-----------Busquets----------Pedro

------Mascherano-Piqué-Bartra--------

-----------------Bravo-------------------

I am still not convinced when it comes to Lucho but yesterday's match gave some hope of better times ahead. I said that after the Espanyol game too and then the horrible performances against Getafe and La Real followed.:lucho:

Last edited:

BBZ8800

He did well yesterday, but we would all be grateful if he doesnt change the fucking lineup from now on.

And tactics.
If Messi will return to the middle, Rakitic to full back, if we will play a slower possession game etc, we will return to "good-old-Lucho's-Barca" which can't create more than 3 shots in 90 minutes in any away match.

L

linetty

And tactics.
If Messi will return to the middle, Rakitic to full back, if we will play a slower possession game etc, we will return to "good-old-Lucho's-Barca" which can't create more than 3 shots in 90 minutes in any away match.
Lol he won't change those tactics now that they ended up being very successful.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
As others said, we probably can't play with the same intensity in every game, but atleast we should move the ball faster and release it quickly to the forwards and use counter attacking opportunities well instead of passing sideways all the time and letting the opposition regroup.

L

linetty

We don't need to play every game with that intensity. Most of the time individual quality does the job.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Lucho is a club legend I don't know how you can say that he's a Madridista when he refused to renew his Madrid contract to come play for Barca.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
IIRC this is that same site that made that video about Neymar being angry with Unzue, which turned out to be nothing.

Home of Barca Fans