Luis Enrique

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Mourinho is a fantastic manager and would do well here if there wasn't so much personal history.

I highly highly doubt Simeone would come here,mhe cars about Atletico and wouldn't join a rival, infact it's more likely that Mou would come here.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
There are many good coaches out there and some of them were Barca players too.
De Boer, Koeman, Laudrup, Valverde are among those and all 4 are already experienced enough.

Lopetegui could turned out good too but he's only starting at Porto.

Siberia

I would love Mourinho as coach, he would sort this team out defensively for a start and bring in the players we need when the ban ends. He would play to our strengths but make us hard to beat. He improves every team and would do the same here.

I don't care what he did or said in the past as we have got to a point now were we need to do something to stop Real Madrid and hiring inexperienced coaches or unproven coaches when they are hiring the best is not the way to do it. He is smart enough to give the fans what they want in terms of style whilst also instilling discipline and hard work as well, it is a no brainer if we can get him.

Sorting our defense? You do realize that we conceded the least amount of goals and shots on target in la liga? Our defense is doing great, it's our midfield that's lacking.

DrPepper

Mourinho?

Really?

Would have Diego Simeone instead if he is open to it.

Simeone is much more about physicality and fast transitional play than Mourinho. Also I don't think he considers any other club in Spain except Atletico.

I'd love Jose here but at this point it wouldn't work because people still remember his Madrid days. In a few years it'd be a possibility if we're still desperately looking for success.

His influence on the current Madrid team is very underrated. He made Madrid more stable tactically and established a clear structure, despite his last season. Similar with van Gaal and Bayern really. And the football Madrid played in Mou's second season wasn't bad either.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Sorting our defense? You do realize that we conceded the least amount of goals and shots on target in la liga? Our defense is doing great, it's our midfield that's lacking.

Exactly. And one of the main reasons why it's lacking it's the fact we're trying to move beyond Busi-Xavi-Iniesta. Who either got old or lost their hunger.
Lucho rationally shifted the focus to our new strong point, from midfield to attack.
I am still at loss with cms playing too wide but he seems to have adjusted that a bit.
Biggest thing I hold against him is his lack od communicating which possibly hides bigger issues. I mean if Mathieu finds out he's playing LB half an hour before Clasico, what does that tell you of players instructions and match preparation? It's bewildering.

SeloBarca

Our defence has still been shaky and could of conceded alot more if Bravo and Ter stegen didnt play that well. Against better teams they have fallen apart, like RM and PSG.

L

linetty

Which defence does not fall apart eventually? I mean, Chelsea's airbus conceded five off Spurs & Atleti's wall got rolled over at the weekend just to name 2 recent examples.

Bertus

Which defence does not fall apart eventually? I mean, Chelsea's airbus conceded five off Spurs & Atleti's wall got rolled over at the weekend just to name 2 recent examples.
Exactly.

And that game against Atletico proves that the team improved anyways.

Let's not pretend it was a fluke that Barca won or that Atletico turned being bad.

And stats wise, the defense is good even if people pretend otherwise.

Most of the problems were in midfield. Dunno why people are complaining about the defense.

mssarm

I want something like this against RM. I want Carlo look as clueless as Diego was and I want RM players get as much frustrated as AM. I want Barca players transform Pepe into an animal like they used to.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
He is learning from his errors, the only beef I have now is his communication. If he keeps progressing though he should stay beyond this season.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not sure if he's learning from his mistakes or not. Lets see what he does in the next games.......

Home of Barca Fans