Luis Enrique

serghei

But we did play some good matches, easily better than what tata could pull. Only match that matches the quality of football we played in recent weeks is milan 4-0 match. There is hope, it is not easy to rebuild a team. Pep was able to do it because he had a great squad in every area. Lucho only has the strike force that is great, our midfield is not the best in the world and neither is our defense. We are still in la liga title race, almost there in copa final and still going in CL. What more do you expect? Completely dominate every match, i am sorry but our squad is not capable of such a feat even if pep or ancelotti or mourinho or simeone manages the team, more so in their first year in charge of a team in transition. We need some reinforcements in midfield and a better RB to even come close to that kind of feat.

Really? Tata's Barca got 6 points against Real in the league and scored them 6 goals in two games. We had great games last year too. Many 5-0, 6-0, 7-0 home wins and some bad fuck ups too, like those against Valladolid, Elche, or Getafe. This season ain't different so far. Several great results and some huge disappointments.

JamDav1982

Really? Tata's Barca got 6 points against Real in the league and scored them 6 goals in two games. We had great games last year too. Many 5-0, 6-0, 7-0 home wins and some bad fuck ups too, like those against Valladolid, Elche, or Getafe. This season ain't different so far. Several great results and some huge disappointments.

If Lucho wins the Copa will you agree he has had better season than Tata?

Leo_Messi

Why are people comparing this current season with the last season when this current season has not even ended?

Last year at this point in time the team had managed to qualify for the CdR final, they comfortably defeated City in the round of 16 in the CL and had obtained 60 points after 24 league games. 4 points more than currently. After 24 league games last season Atlético had managed to collect 60 points. RM 60 points too.

So actually we were in a better position last year at this point in time. The information that I have given are facts. Not personal opinions.

Actually it would not surprise me the slightest if the rumors were somewhat true. Knowing Lucho's approach and personality. After all a fire does not start without a spike.

Last edited:

Antimadridista1

Watched his press conference again tonight ; what a phenomenon though... He reminds me a little bit of Mourinho during his press conferences.
The difference is that Lucho doesn't cry all the time about referees.

Leo_Messi

Watched his press conference again tonight ; what a phenomenon though... He reminds me a little bit of Mourinho during his press conferences.
The difference is that Lucho doesn't cry all the time about referees.

He often appears arrogant to me. Unlike Mourinho his results as a manager do not justify his cockiness at all. He is a nobody on this front. It's fair to say that he has improved and that he is not as confrontational as before Anoeta which is good to see.

On this front I prefer Tata.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Why are people comparing this current season with the last season when this current season has not even ended?

Last year at this point in time the team had managed to qualify for the CdR final, they comfortably defeated City in the round of 16 in the CL and had obtained 60 points after 24 league games. 4 points more than currently. After 24 league games last season Atlético had managed to collect 60 points. RM 60 points too.

So actually we were in a better position last year at this point in time. The information that I have given are facts. Not personal opinions.

Actually it would not surprise me the slightest if the rumors were somewhat true. Knowing Lucho's approach and personality. After all a fire does not start without a spike.

Those are not facts that show last season was better at this point.

Its not even a fair comparison as CL last 16 and Copa Semi Finals not been completed yet.

Do you think winning copa makes this season better than last?

Leo_Messi

Those are not facts that show last season was better at this point.

Its not even a fair comparison as CL last 16 and Copa Semi Finals not been completed yet.

Do you think winning copa makes this season better than last?

What are you talking about? Of course those are FACTS. If not what are they then?

The Copa del Rey seminfinals WERE completed at this point in time last year. Try again.

Last year at this point in time the team had won 0-2 away from home in the round of 16 against City. That's a fact too.

It' also a undeniable fact that the team had managed to collect 60 points after 24 league games last season. 4 points more than at this point in time. It's also a undeniable fact that the team did not trail by 4 points to the leader in the league. In fact the team did not trail to anyone at all as all 3 teams had managed to obtain 60 points in the league after 24 league games.

So yes, Tata had performed better at this point in time last year.

JamDav1982

What are you talking about? Of course those are FACTS. If not what are they then?

The Copa del Rey seminfinals WERE completed at this point in time last year. Try again.

Last year at this point in time the team had won 0-2 away from home in the round of 16 against City. That's a fact too.

It' also a undeniable fact that the team had managed to collect 60 points after 24 league games last season. 4 points more than at this point in time. It's also a undeniable fact that the team did not trail by 4 points to the leader in the league. In fact the team did not trail to anyone at all as all 3 teams had managed to obtain 60 points in the league after 24 league games.

So yes, Tata had performed better at this point in time last years.

Those are not FACTs that show last season was better when its not even a fair comparison!

Did you even read the point.... I said that the Copa Semi Finals have not been completed yet. This year.

Ridiculous comparison as there is 0% chance anything could be done to match the CL and Copa records of last year at this point.

Again..... will this season be a bigger success than last if Barca win Copa?

Leo_Messi

Those are not FACTs that show last season was better when its not even a fair comparison!

Did you even read the point.... I said that the Copa Semi Finals have not been completed yet. This year.

Ridiculous comparison as there is 0% chance anything could be done to match the CL and Copa records of last year at this point.

Again..... will this season be a bigger success than last if Barca win Copa?

Who said anything about last season being better than the current one which has not even ended? Did you even bother to read what I wrote in my first sentence?

Let me quote it for you.

"Why are people comparing this current season with the last season when this current season has not even ended?"

I just wrote that at this point in time last year the team had accomplished better results in all 3 tournaments. That's a fact.

Of course it would. At least the team would have won a title.

Last season was a fiasco. Having said that then this does not change the ground realities, namely that Tata had performed better last year in all 3 tournaments at this point in time.

Capisce?

serghei

If Lucho wins the Copa will you agree he has had better season than Tata?

Yes. It's all about thropies in the end. However, I won't extrapolate having a better season with being a better coach, since he did have many advantages Tata Martino didn't. But if Lucho wins one of CL / La Liga, I will be forced to admit I was wrong about him.

Home of Barca Fans