Luis Enrique

JamDav1982

Who said that anything about last season being better than the current? Did you even bother to read what I wrote in my first sentence?

Let me quote it for you.

I just wrote that at this point in time last year the team had accomplished better results in all 3 tournaments. That's a fact.

Of course it would. At least the team would have won a title.

Last season was a fiasco. Having said that then this does not change the ground realities, namely that Tata had performed better last year in all 3 tournaments at this point in time.

Capisce?

You said So yes, Tata had performed better at this point in time last years.

Then proceeded to use some examples to back this up that have no relevance to compare Tata and Lucho.

The CL and Copa cant be used as evidence of this when there is NOTHING to compare it against.

How on earth can you say Tata performed better in three tournaments when two of which cant even be compared??

Third time of asking.......... Will Lucho winning Copa be a better season than Tata last year?

JamDav1982

Yes. It's all about thropies in the end. However, I won't extrapolate having a better season with being a better coach, since he did have many advantages Tata Martino didn't. But if Lucho wins one of CL / La Liga, I will be forced to admit I was wrong about him.

So Lucho wont have a better season than Tata even if wins silver wear?

This from someone who only a couple of days ago said 'its all about the trophies'.

But now it comes to Lucho getting the upper hand in that regard you start saying other factors need to be taken into account.

Yet more contradictions from you... they come on a dailly basis.

serghei

So Lucho wont have a better season than Tata even if wins silver wear?

This from someone who only a couple of days ago said 'its all about the trophies'.

But now it comes to Lucho getting the upper hand in that regard you start saying other factors need to be taken into account.

Yet more contradictions from you... they come on a dailly basis.

I said Lucho will have a better season if he wins Copa. But, as usual, you jump to conclusions way too early.

JamDav1982

I said Lucho will have a better season if he wins Copa. But, as usual, you jump to conclusions way too early.

Really? You seemed to say that it wouldnt mean Lucho was the better coach and there were other circumstances to be taken into account.

Never been about who is better coach anyway, but who will have had better season.

Glad it has been settled though - Cup win makes Lucho season better than Tata season according to Serghie.

serghei

Really? You seemed to say that it wouldnt mean Lucho was the better coach and there were other circumstances to be taken into account.

Never been about who is better coach anyway, but who will have had better season.

Glad it has been settled though - Cup win makes Lucho season better than Tata season according to Serghie.

Cut the irony. You've asked me something, I've given you a straight answer: YES. And I've added that won't prove Lucho is a better coach than Tata since the circumstances were different. Lucho probably knew he was the next coach since the last La Liga. Tata came after Tito's cancer came back and he took the team on the road. These are not excuses, these are facts. One had time to think up a plan and implement it the way he wanted, one didn't. You call that a fair game?

JamDav1982

Cut the irony. You've asked me something, I've given you a straight answer: YES. And I've added that won't prove Lucho is a better coach than Tata since the circumstances were different. Lucho probably knew he was the next coach since the last La Liga. Tata came after Tito's cancer came back and he took the team on the road. These are not excuses, these are facts. One had time to think up a plan and implement it the way he wanted, one didn't. You call that a fair game, of the basis for a debate Tata vs Lucho based on their first season?

Not arguing who is the better coach.

Think it is laughable that only a few days ago you refused to take anything into account over a season other than trophies won.

Now you are looking to say circumstances matter if it backs up Tata over Lucho.

Total contradiction of how coaches you like and dont like are viewed.

serghei

Not arguing who is the better coach.

Think it is laughable that only a few days ago you refused to take anything into account over a season other than trophies won.

Now you are looking to say circumstances matter if it backs up Tata over Lucho.

Total contradiction of how coaches you like and dont like are viewed.

I've made no secret I think Tata is the better coach of the two (that doesn't mean I consider Tata to be world class or anything, I just don't rate Lucho that highly). You on the other hand seem to refuse to give away your opinion on this.

If you don't argue on who is the better coach, why do you reply to me on that matter?

I still think thropies is the number one criteria. It's the only reason I've answered yes to your question.

JamDav1982

I've made no secret I think Tata is the better coach of the two (that doesn't mean I consider Tata to be world class or anything, I just don't rate Lucho that highly). You on the other hand seem to refuse to give away your opinion on this.

If you don't argue on who is the better coach, why do you reply to me on that matter?

I still think thropies is the number one criteria. It's the only reason I've answered yes to your question.

I only commented on you saying Tata the better coach as you were trying to take the debate down another route for some reason.

You have made it clear now - Copa makes Lucho season better.

F

Flavia

I only commented on you saying Tata the better coach as you were trying to take the debate down another route for some reason.

You have made it clear now - Copa makes Lucho season better.

Not if Barça loses tomorrow, imho. Getting out of the CL in the round of 16 would be too much of an embarassement. The cdr only wouldn't be enough to fix it.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
As much as I love how we play under Lucho since Anoeta, I miss our midfield just as much. This is not just a decline of our midfielders, it's deliberate IMO.

Last edited:
G

Gasgas

If the team performs well tomorrow and wins we will hear about the treble and how lucho is the best coach ever :lol:

JamDav1982

Not if Barça loses tomorrow, imho. Getting out of the CL in the round of 16 would be too much of an embarassement. The cdr only wouldn't be enough to fix it.

I agree with that though but then again Man City are most likely one of the top 5 teams in europe.

Barca were unlucky to draw Man City this early and it will be a tough tie. Have said that all along.

Not that I am even trumpeting Lucho over Tata, just trying to get the likes of Serghie to nail his mast to what makes one manager more succesful than another when it changes all the time to suit his Tata/Lucho comparison.

Kohe321

Imagine if we were to keep playing like we did after the Anoeta for the rest of the season and ended up winning the CL and the league after a Madrid slip-up, and also grabbed the Copa. This chance is still very much alive as of right now, so let's wait and see how it all turns out.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans