Luis Enrique

mssarm

Bartomeu stuck with Lucho when many fans wanted him gone. He might be pissed about Zubi sacking but he surely wouldn't ignore Bart.

Most likely Barto will be gone and Laporta will take over. What is the point of participating in those meetings if he doesn't know if he's going to stay or scouting team is going to be around.

khaled_a_d

Laporta and Bartomeu are smart enough to keep him here ,Bartomeu is the one who stood by him this year and Laporta is the one who trusted him as a manager in the 1st place to replace Pep in B team and was grooming him for that position
I don't see Lucho leaving b4 2017 IMO

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Most likely Barto will be gone and Laporta will take over. What is the point of participating in those meetings if he doesn't know if he's going to stay or scouting team is going to be around.

Things don't work that way. Have you ever had a job? No matter what you or me think, Bartomeu is Barca president and Enrique is Barca manager. He may be gone or he may stay, whatever happens and until it happens, Lucho answers to Bartomeu.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Lucho is like Ferguson, grinding out results even if the team is playing crap. Thats an art as well.

That's an art I want as far away from the club as possible... My opinion, obviously...

Brilliant sub at half-time. Everything clicked after that.

Good job Lucho!

Well, it was brilliant because he did fuck up the starting lineup, so he was only correcting his initial mistake...

To his credit, it is a good sign to recognize one's mistakes and own up to them taking immediate action instead of looking the other way and hoping for the best, so for that, I'll give massive kudos to him this time...

mssarm

Things don't work that way. Have you ever had a job? No matter what you or me think, Bartomeu is Barca president and Enrique is Barca manager. He may be gone or he may stay, whatever happens and until it happens, Lucho answers to Bartomeu.

Unless he decided that he is not staying for second year and already notified the management.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Laporta and Bartomeu are smart enough to keep him here ,Bartomeu is the one who stood by him this year and Laporta is the one who trusted him as a manager in the 1st place to replace Pep in B team and was grooming him for that position
I don't see Lucho leaving b4 2017 IMO

Impossible to make that kind of statement. Even if he manages to win everything this year but wins nothing next year then his head is on the chopping block again. That's just how being a Barca manager works.

It is also clearly very physically and emotionally draining. Pep is our best ever manager and look at photos of him before and after he joined the club to see that draining process in action.

L

linetty

That's an art I want as far away from the club as possible... My opinion, obviously...
Nobody wants that but dirty games always happen and grinding out positive results from them is vital on the road to become champions...

utility73

What a tactical misstep again form Lucho with that starting lineup yesterday. Again! We got extremely lucky not to concede in the first half. Valencia was all over us as much as we were on top of Sevilla in the first half last match. Why on earth did he leave Rakitic (what about Alba btw?) on the bench. It is not like there was need to rest any players with the CL tie already decided. And especially not in such an important game as against Valencia.

At least Lucho did not let his ego get in the way to make a halfway decent correction of this at halftime. With Rakitic playing and Busquets in his normal role Valencia was no threat anymore, even though they might also have run a bit out of gas tbh. Anyway it is really hard to keep trusting Lucho with his constant random gambles re. tactics and lineup.

Home of Barca Fans