Luis Enrique

raskolnikov

Rakitic was dead tired. The real faultvwas him getting benched against Celta and then playing against Almeria.
Also Mascherano at midfield should never happen, adriano can go in the stands as well in these big games.

khaled_a_d

Impossible to make that kind of statement. Even if he manages to win everything this year but wins nothing next year then his head is on the chopping block again. That's just how being a Barca manager works.

It is also clearly very physically and emotionally draining. Pep is our best ever manager and look at photos of him before and after he joined the club to see that draining process in action.

No,winning coaches gains a lot of trust in FCB for some time .if he wins the double which he can deliver it will be enough to keep his job with a poor second season specially with a transfer ban that will make every one execuse him
Tata was the only coach who wasn't trusted long term and that was because he didn't earn it and lost dressing room by the middle of 1st season .Rijkaard stayed for 5 years.Pep for 4 and the club wanted him to stay and Tito(RIP) was initially staying even with 7-0 aggregate loss against Bayern

Xtroverto

1 month remain, until now Luis Enriques stats are better than Guardiolas in pretty much everything except for the tangible "quality of the game"

Luis Enrique 2014-15 vs Guardiola 2008-09

League:

Luis Enrique 25 wins, 3 draws and 4 losses, 89 goals for and 19 against
Pep Guardiola 26 wins, 3 draws and 3 losses, 92 goals for and 24 against

Champions League:

Luis Enrique 8 wins, 1 loss, 21 goals for and 7 against
Pep Guardiola 6 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss, 28 goals for and 11 against

Copa del Rey

Luis Enrique 8 wins, 31 goals for and 5 against
Pep Guardiola 6 wins, 2 draws, 13 goals for and 5 against

Total:

Luis Enrique 41 wins, 3 draws and 5 losses, 141 goals for and 31 against
Pep Guardiola 38 wins, 7 draws and 4 losses, 133 goals for and 40 against

Last edited:

DinhoR10

1 month remain, until now Luis Enriques stats are better than Guardiolas in pretty much everything except for the tangible "quality of the game"

Luis Enrique 2014-15 vs Guardiola 2008-09

League:

Luis Enrique 25 wins, 3 draws and 4 losses, 89 goals for and 19 against
Pep Guardiola 26 wins, 3 draws and 3 losses, 92 goals for and 24 against

Champions League:

Luis Enrique 8 wins, 1 loss, 21 goals for and 7 against
Pep Guardiola 6 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss, 28 goals for and 11 against

Copa del Rey

Luis Enrique 8 wins, 31 goals for and 5 against
Pep Guardiola 6 wins, 2 draws, 13 goals for and 5 against

Total:

Luis Enrique 41 wins, 3 draws and 5 losses, 141 goals for and 31 against
Pep Guardiola 38 wins, 7 draws and 4 losses, 133 goals for and 40 against

Holy shit, although the copa has a serious stat-padding effect but considering we played atletico its alright. Thats some amazing stats there.

StarLord

Holy shit, although the copa has a serious stat-padding effect but considering we played atletico its alright. Thats some amazing stats there.

Let me also add that back in 08/09 La Liga in general was far less potent than it is now. This is undeniable. We also faced much weaker opponents in the CL that year (Basel, Donetsk, Sporting, Lyon and a weak Bayern. This season we have faced: Apoel, better defensively than that Basel, Ajax, PSG and then Man City and PSG again. City and PSG are currently far superior than the Lyon and Bayern of that era) We also played versus weak teams in the Copa that season, while in this one we had to face a good Villarreal and a Galactico-murdering Atletico)

Also in Lucho's favor: Pepe had absolute prime Xavi and Iniesta, they were AWESOME that season, I mean genuinely, jaw-droppingly AWESOME!!! We also had Eto'o-Henry-Messi which was almost as good as our current front 3. We also had prime Alves, who had more stamina than the Road Runner cartoon. We also had both Yaya and Busquets (he was not as good as he is now, but was still good) Oh, we also had Carles Puyol, who no-disrespect-to-Mathieu and all that, but he was a better player for sure.

Not only was La Liga less potent in general, but just compare the current Atleti with the Pathetico of that period, or the current CL-winning Real, with what they had back then, with Heinze and Lassana Diarra in their starting XI. No Ronaldo, no James, no Benz, no Bale, no Modric etc etc etc...

Edit: Now that I come to think of it again, the 08/09 team was the best the world has ever seen by far. If Marvel ever made a football team it would be 08/09 Barca.

Last edited:

reDIOS10

Can someone tell me why Rakitic is always tired. Sure, he runs a lot, but Lucho always subs him off or benches him in many games. He shouldn't be always that tired.

JackaL

Wow, the stats are impressive. Yet, I don't know whether Lucho is going to stay. Tough decisions for the board to come, if he wins double/triple it will be even tougher to sack Lucho actually. I still think players don't really like him, the issues he had in December and the entire crisis there.

Suarez “One day, I was in the ‘9’ position and Messi told me: ‘You stay there’. After that, the manager saw that we’d found a good solution"

I think Mathieu also said something like "we don't know what he thinks, he doesn't talk too much to us".

However, one has to give him credit for overcoming the Pep legacy of passing/possession and trying new alternatives. We don't know yet who caused this change but if it was him, he deserves the credit. There's nothing more challenging than trying change an established culture and/or inertia.

Tixi Begiristain and his colleagues were looking for an alternative for Rijkaard way before everything was announced and actually brought Pep (after talking to Mou as well as listening to Cruyff). Let's see if this board can cut Lucho and bring a better coach for the next season.

Last edited:

StarLord

Wow, the stats are impressive. Yet, I don't know whether Lucho is going to stay. Tough decisions for the board to come, if he wins double/triple it will be even tougher to sack Lucho actually. I still think players don't really like him, the issues he had in December and the entire crisis there.

Suarez “One day, I was in the ‘9’ position and Messi told me: ‘You stay there’. After that, the manager saw that we’d found a good solution"

I think Mathieu also said something like "we don't know what he thinks, he doesn't talk too much to us".

However, one has to give him credit for overcoming the Pep legacy of passing/possession and trying new alternatives. We don't know yet who caused this change but if it was him, he deserves the credit. There's nothing more challenging than trying change an established culture and/or inertia.

Tixi Begiristain and his colleagues were looking for an alternative for Rijkaard way before everything was announced and actually brought Pep (after talking to Mou as well as listening to Cruyff). Let's see if this board can cut Lucho and bring a better coach for the next season.

So the fact that Lucho has better results than Pep despite having a squad of lesser quality should be thoroughly discounted according to you?

And who is this better coach than Lucho?

I want him to stay even if we win nothing. We need younger and better midfielders, not a new manager.

Queiroz

So the fact that Lucho has better results than Pep despite having a squad of lesser quality should be thoroughly discounted according to you?

I want him to stay even if we win nothing. We need younger and better midfielders, not a new manager.
I think the same

mssarm

He is not saying he wants Lucho out. He is saying that he will be sacked by the board. I personally think he will be sacked or he will leave by "mutual agreement"

F

Flavia

He is not saying he wants Lucho out. He is saying that he will be sacked by the board. I personally think he will be sacked or he will leave by "mutual agreement"

If he wins the cl or liga, why would he leave? A new board doesn't necessarily means he'll be sacked. Barça coaches don't usually last too long, but I think he deserves a second season. After all the turmoil, he somehow managed to find a balance, even with the press.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Don't see how you can compare Lucho or Tata or Tito with Pep.

Pep took over a team that ended 3rd in La Liga and performed nowhere near its potential despite of a CL semi-final finish. A team where two of the most important players in Deco and Ronaldinho were in a steep decline with the latter seen performing more at the nightclubs than the pitch.

A new board doesn't necessarily mean a new coach. I reckon Lucho will stay next season unless he decides to resign on his own, without being pressurized to do so and told he is not supported by the new administration.

Last edited:

StarLord

Don't see how you can compare Lucho or Tata or Tito with Pep.

Pep took over a team that ended 3rd in La Liga and performed nowhere near its potential despite of a CL semi-final finish. A team where two of the most important players in Deco and Ronaldinho were in a steep decline with the latter seen performing more at the nightclubs than the pitch.

A new board doesn't necessarily mean a new coach. I reckon Lucho will stay next season unless he decides to resign on his own, without being pressurized to do so and told he is not supported by the new administration.

You forgot to mention the part were Pep had the most awesome collection of footballing talent on one green rectangle the world has ever known. Otherwise, I fully agree with you.

If he wins the cl or liga, why would he leave?

What if he wins both? Plus the Copa?

I think he does. And I quote:

Let's see if this board can cut Lucho and bring a better coach for the next season.

And this, even more bizarre line:

if he wins double/triple it will be even tougher to sack Lucho actually.

It's as if what is to be taken out of a possible double/treble, is that we are going to be faced with the difficulty of sacking Lucho. Or what do you make of it?

Moreover, why do you thing that he will be sacked exactly? We are in the final of the CdR and heavy favorites to win it. We are leading the league with 6 games to go, and are number one favorites for the CL. As things currently stand on the 20th of April 2015, Lucho is one bad-ass motherfucker! Why would/should such a manager be sacked?

Richard.H

I see quite a few people here mentioning "if he stays". I haven't read any report that he was going to leave Barca after a year. Why would he leave, even if he doesn't win any trophy? I don't really see Laporta getting rid of him. Laporta knows there aren't many options besides Lucho.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I see quite a few people here mentioning "if he stays". I haven't read any report that he was going to leave Barca after a year. Why would he leave, even if he doesn't win any trophy? I don't really see Laporta getting rid of him. Laporta knows there aren't many options besides Lucho.

this^^

If the players became so spoiled as to not listen to a club legend, and tough man, like Lucho I don't think outsiders would be able to handle the super stars that we have.

We are stuck with Lucho... For good or bad. I think the only way out now would be if Enrique fcuk's up really, REALLY bad! Besides, it's for every body's good that the club would back Lucho for at least another season.

Home of Barca Fans