Luis Enrique

footyfan

Calma, calma
Have we ever had a harder season than this is terms of the opposition we faced?

It really should be taken into consideration when accounting for the incredible job Lucho has done.

2009 was pretty difficult. Lyon, Bayern, Chelsea is as difficult, if not more, as Man City, PSG and Bayern - especially given the injury-hit state in which Barca faced PSG and Bayern. The final against Man Utd will also arguably be as difficult as Real/Juve.

In the Copa also the competition was similar.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Lucho breaking records in a season noone expected it :lucho:

Btw. We are close to overtaking Real in all-time trophies list (all domestic, european and intercontinental competitions)

Leo_Messi

Lucho breaking records in a season noone expected it :lucho:

Btw. We are close to overtaking Real in all-time trophies list (all domestic, european and intercontinental competitions)

We have already done that. It was done under Pep's tenure. We have won 81 official trophies while RM have won 79 official trophies.

Last edited:

Xtroverto

2009 was pretty difficult. Lyon, Bayern, Chelsea is as difficult, if not more, as Man City, PSG and Bayern - especially given the injury-hit state in which Barca faced PSG and Bayern. The final against Man Utd will also arguably be as difficult as Real/Juve.

Nah, the opposition this season is a lot thougher, Lyon was not half the team it was just a few years earlier and Bayern was a joke under Jurgen Klinsmann, Chelsea and United were the only really though opposition we faced that season,

Science Kid

Nah, the opposition this season is a lot thougher, Lyon was not half the team it was just a few years earlier and Bayern was a joke under Jurgen Klinsmann, Chelsea and United were the only really though opposition we faced that season,

Plus we didn't even beat Chelsea.

raki

No way. Lyon was a shamble compared to the team they were until 2007. Bayern was average comparing to the current team. Chelsea and United were powerfull.

A detail: this season we won every game. home and away. In that season we drew at chelsea, lyon and bayern.

Much more impressive this season so far.

I really hope we don't mess up in the final if we reach there, I just don't want this feeling of inevitability to let us down in the last moment as now we are down to what? 5 games? 4 if you count the fact that one of the liga games is a throw away essentially.

skn02

Lucho must stay next season, no matter what. He must stay, and please stay. There's nobody in this world that could've done better than lucho, even if pep is available, I will probably still go with lucho.

Stric

Lucho must stay next season, no matter what. He must stay, and please stay. There's nobody in this world that could've done better than lucho, even if pep is available, I will probably still go with lucho.

I hope you're not serious. Lucho has done well and he deserves the credit, but let's not pretend that he has magic skills and knowledge that no other manager in the world does. He's a beginner coach. And that doesn't mean he can't work well and be successful.

And I like to think that these absolutely incredible players also have something to do with it.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Lucho may not be an elite coach. However he, Unzue, and their coaching staff, as a unit, are, IMO, the best in the world this season.

Given the circumstances I don't think Pep would have been able to acheive what Lucho has with the players available. His style doesn't suit the current team . If Pep were here we'd have gotten Kroos/Thiago instead of Rakitic though and that'd probably give him the team he needed to achieve the same results.

Home of Barca Fans