Luis Enrique

JamDav1982

elections-to send a message that Barca is starting from new page(elections are political games, both Barto or Laporta or any other candidate might go for it).
sour relationship with Messi- we don't know for sure what is the current status between both of them, but there's no denial that there's still a tension. Add to that Neymar's body language when he got substituted. Looks like Neymar is having bumpy relationship with Lucho as well. I'm not saying Lucho lost the dressing room , but the tension with 2 of his star players is not a good thing, especially with Messi. Finally, Lucho's refusal to talk about his continuity , his unwillingness to to negotiate his contract renewal or his refusal to get involved with Braida and scouting team regarding new signings is something unusual. I hope I'm wrong but the other day one of the journalists was asking about his future plans a as a Barca coach and Lucho was avoiding to give any hint that he might consider extended terms with Barca.

Neymar is playing the best football of his career as is arguably Messi. Perhaps it came to a point that the top players at Barca needed the man in charge to be distanced from them and keep them off balance.

Whether the players like Lucho or not is irrelevant really, it is about how they play under him.

Lucho is doing the right thing in not planning for next season, he needs all his energy for now and not transfers that might happen a year down the line when he is not in charge.

JamDav1982

And it was justified.
The only reason we won la liga is messi. If he wasn't in one of his best(imo the best) seasons of his career we would be like 9 points behind real.

Absolute rubbish.

Messi is the main reason Barca are top but not the only reason.

The coaching staff and other players have played a huge part in Barcelona this season.

If it is all on the boots of Messi don't blame other players when Barca do t win.

Xtroverto

And it was justified.
The only reason we won la liga is messi. If he wasn't in one of his best(imo the best) seasons of his career we would be like 9 points behind real.

What a bunch of baloney, Messi wasn't even playing good until January. This season, more than any season before it, has been a team effort from start to finish. 100% of that is thanks to Luis Enrique and his coaching team, who is the sole responsible for guiding the team to a season finish in better shape than ever witnessed in FC Barcelona history and probably any other club for that matter. 85% win ratio after 55 games is unheard of in professional football.

JamDav1982

That's awesome but without messi we wouldn't get the points.

Messi is the best player but needs the rest of the team and the coach to give him the platform to be the difference.

The defence need to hold up to allow Messi goals/assists to make the difference.

Messi needs other players to create chances and space for him to score.

Messi needs other players to finish the chances he creates.

Messi needs the like of Rakitic covering for his lack of tracking back at times so he can stay high up pitch and create havoc.

Messi needs the club to sign the right players to get best out of him and a coach who sets out tactics for Messi to thrive.

Messi would be phenomenal in any team but he needs he team to help make Barca as strong as they can be.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
That's awesome but without messi we wouldn't get the points.

This is the kind of messi fanboyism I don't like along with the idea that he is not allowed to be criticised when he decides to be lazy.

I thought Lucho was crap but he changed the tactics and has improved our team in many areas, and had my support since shortly after that sociedad game when we played well against Elche I think it was.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
Messi is the best player but needs the rest of the team and the coach to give him the platform to be the difference.

The defence need to hold up to allow Messi goals/assists to make the difference.

Messi needs other players to create chances and space for him to score.

Messi needs other players to finish the chances he creates.

Messi needs the like of Rakitic covering for his lack of tracking back at times so he can stay high up pitch and create havoc.

Messi needs the club to sign the right players to get best out of him and a coach who sets out tactics for Messi to thrive.

Messi would be phenomenal in any team but he needs he team to help make Barca as strong as they can be.

Yes? So, what's your point?
Let's put it otherwise, imo messi's contribution to the league>>>>>lucho's.
Replace lucho with someone else and messi would probably still give us the league.
Replace messi and well, I don't need to write anything else.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
That's why we won the league last year then?

Football is a game of teamwork and tactics.

Yes and these tactics of lucho were really bad until 4 months ago.
Messi carried us till lucho could field a proper side.
And it's not the first time he's done it either, Leo won the liga on his own under Tito, remember?
Similar to the bayern game, if not for messi we'd probably drawn 0-0.

Home of Barca Fans