Luis Enrique

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I'm here to own up to my claims about Lucho... While I'm still not 100% convinced he knows what he's doing, I really have to give him full credit for the success of the team this season... In the last two months he has managed to build a perfectly functional team that is able to take advantage of our player's qualities both on attack and defense, and he has also allowed the players to feel comfortable within the team which I believe is essential to our success...

So all in all, I tip my hat to Lucho for persevering and working hard, something that eventually led to the desired results and quite good overall play, so I think all the good things that are happening are well deserved...

JamDav1982

Timing is very unusual. Alba just said yesterday that team is united and behind Lucho.
Maybe some presidential candidate is behind this.

Rakitic praised Lucho after the Bayern game also.

I agree it could be used by a presidential candidate. For example was Sport not the paper that Laporta was closest to before?

Assuming Laporta wants to come back in and not have Lucho as manager it strengthens his position to say Lucho wants to leave. It strengthens anyones position to think Barto cant run with the promise of Lucho staying.

All guess work but there a lot of people who would want this type of story out there.

Stric

Ok, Mehssi brought my attention to this thread due to the following video below from Sport's talk show called 100% BARÇA.

http://www.sport.es/es/tertulia-sport/

Led by Taltavull and attended by other Sport journalists among them Mascaró, Casanovas, San Antonio, Miguel etc.

They are basically saying that Lucho will leave mainly due to the stress of being a manager at Barça, the heavy criticism of him earlier this season by the media, his poor relation with Messi who commands the dressing room, that Anoeta was a point of no return for the trust between the squad and Lucho, that the squad in public makes it appear like everything is fine while there are disagreements, that the squad and Messi have made a deal with Lucho of them doing "their job" and leaving the disagreements aside for the common good of everyone, that Unzué has the respect and trust of the entire dressing room and that he might be lined up as his successor (this is what Miguel claims, the last one of the 3) etc. They also claim that none of the candidates want to have Lucho as their manager (they all have their own managers that they prefer to appoint, no names were mentioned though strangely enough), that the current board would be fine with Lucho leaving, that the relations between Lucho and the board were never the same again after Zubi was fired. Here we must remember that Zubi was basically the one that appointed Lucho and his biggest supporter. They also believe that this situation can't go on for another season and that Messi wants to be coached by a manager that he has a good relationship with. Mascaró also claims that the current board is looking for a substitute.

I might have missed some other smaller details but those are the main points.

In my eyes it's a bunch of hot air although it is not unlikely that he could leave. It really depends on him because I have no doubt, contrary to what they say, that the current board would love to retain Lucho. That and of course the relationship between Lucho and Messi. Is it really as bad as some rumors claim? I can't know but if that is the case he might very well leave.
I think that this is the main reason why they are saying that Lucho will leave this summer.

I know it's quite possibly a bunch of bs, but in all honesty, most of this doesn't seem like it wouldn't make sense.

mssarm

Rakitic praised Lucho after the Bayern game also.

I agree it could be used by a presidential candidate. For example was Sport not the paper that Laporta was closest to before?

Assuming Laporta wants to come back in and not have Lucho as manager it strengthens his position to say Lucho wants to leave. It strengthens anyones position to think Barto cant run with the promise of Lucho staying.

All guess work but there a lot of people who would want this type of story out there.

100% agree that if Barto loses Lucho he has no chance to get re-elected . We might lose Lucho to election related games.

Pepe Silvia

I was in the 'I don't know' category myself. Obviously now that we are in winning ways it's easy to like him more now, but I do notice he is still green at times. If the season ends well, he will have plenty of time to fix and improve.

reDIOS10

I stopped visiting the forum for a while when everyone wanted to fire him. Never made sense to fire a manager the first season. I still don't know what people were thinking

Last edited:

Stric

I stopped visiting the forum for a while when everyone wanted to fire him. Never made sense to fire a manager the first day. I still don't know what people were thinking

You're exaggerating. It wasn't his first day. His worst days were about 4 months into the season.

barcanuck

Does anyone have a chart or want to invest some time in getting one for the records wins losses, goals for, against, clean sheets since the Pep era started?

Willing to bet Lucho's year is the best one :)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Team is creating more chances than in Pep's days with Xaviesta at their prime. Defensive record, set-piece records are also broken or close to fall.

Messi has been out of this world but you can't just dismiss Lucho as lucky.

La Liga has been one of the toughest yet with Valencia and Sevilla close to their historic record points and don't forget reigning European Champions and Spanish champions.
Don't even get me started on our CL opponents. Hardest road ever.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Got nobody other than Lucho and his team to thank for Barca's defensive record. Last season, it looked like every time a team was on the break, they would score. Valdes being the best Barca player in the first half of the season spoke volumes about Barca's defensive state. And you had Tata saying "There is no way to improve the situation other than if my players all grew by 10 cm" when referring to conceding set-piece goals.

After Messi, Lucho is the most responsible for this season's success. Then come Neymar and Suarez.

[MENTION=13035]Xtroverto[/MENTION] hopefully has data on the defensive record comparison between this season and 2013/14.

mssarm

I still don't know if he's a genius or just lucky.

Not a genius and definitely not lucky. No luck in the world can get you where we are now . He just spent lot of time on research and development, which created lot of pressure for him. Now he knows a lot about his team, got talented people around him and knows the strengths and limitations of his team . He is not doing anything different from all successful managers in history. His strong character helped him to build the success of this team but also could be the reason for his resignation at the end of this season. We will see.

Darko

Team is creating more chances than in Pep's days with Xaviesta at their prime. Defensive record, set-piece records are also broken or close to fall.

Messi has been out of this world but you can't just dismiss Lucho as lucky.

La Liga has been one of the toughest yet with Valencia and Sevilla close to their historic record points and don't forget reigning European Champions and Spanish champions.
Don't even get me started on our CL opponents. Hardest road ever.

this x100000

Home of Barca Fans