Luis Enrique

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
It won't happen. We need stability on the managing front and a transition away from the Pep era, something Lucho has proven to be capable of. He will stay.

That's what we want, but there's obviously no way to say "he will stay" mate.

If the tensions with Leo & squad are real and/or Lucho thinks it's too stressfull a life and prefers doing his marathons etc .. anything is possible.

Again, it's THE culé media, Sport, I don't trust them with anything too flatering to Barça (yeah pogba absolutely wants to join, rooney called the camp nou.. lol), but I wonder what would be their agenda of fabricating this rumours that can only hurt us.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
That's what we want, but there's obviously no way to say "he will stay" mate.

If the tensions with Leo & squad are real and/or Lucho thinks it's too stressfull a life and prefers doing his marathons etc .. anything is possible.

Again, it's THE culé media, Sport, I don't trust them with anything too flatering to Barça (yeah pogba absolutely wants to join, rooney called the camp nou.. lol), but I wonder what would be their agenda of fabricating this rumours that can only hurt us.

Of course, anything is possible, but this is just highly improbable. Stressful or not, this is the biggest job he'd ever get, especially when you think about his status in the club. Also, Lucho has always been a hard worker and relentless. He doesn't strike me as the type who'd quit after just one year, no matter how successful it'd turn out to be.

As for the tensions in the squad, I think the media is exaggerating. Hopefully, Sport are just spouting BS again.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
If it's true, who do you guys want?
I think valverde would be a good fit, he likes attacking possession football.
Another choice would be klopp but he's very different from our usual style.

Vlom

I don't think we should want anyone, leave the summer shopping to RM, what we want is stability, and Lucho, who, believe it or not is atm ranked best football coach in the world (cf link in previous page), and that seems to be doing a great job, to stay.

So I really just want an assessment of how credible that Sport thing might be, because this, plus him refusing to speak about the future, and some allusion that he'll speak his mind when the season is over, etc etc .. the theory is kinda gaining momentum.

M

monamou

http://www.sport.es/es/videos/tertu...orada-unzue-puede-ser-sustituto/3423289.shtml

Sport "reporting" that Luis Enrique will definitely be leaving this summer.

Reasons, according to them :

- Still tensions with the squad (leo)
- Too stressfull of a job for him personally

Also, reportedly the board is already looking for a replacement, Unzue being considered.

Toughts ? How reliable can this be ?
Piece of crap. Sport is good at writing bullchit stories. Lucho has a contract for 1 more year.

Move on.

Leo_Messi

Ok, Mehssi brought my attention to this thread due to the following video below from Sport's talk show called 100% BARÇA.

http://www.sport.es/es/tertulia-sport/

Led by Taltavull and attended by other Sport journalists among them Mascaró, Casanovas, San Antonio, Miguel etc.

They are basically saying that Lucho will leave mainly due to the stress of being a manager at Barça, the heavy criticism of him earlier this season by the media, his poor relation with Messi who commands the dressing room, that Anoeta was a point of no return for the trust between the squad and Lucho, that the squad in public makes it appear like everything is fine while there are disagreements, that the squad and Messi have made a deal with Lucho of them doing "their job" and leaving the disagreements aside for the common good of everyone, that Unzué has the respect and trust of the entire dressing room and that he might be lined up as his successor (this is what Miguel claims, the last one of the 3) etc. They also claim that none of the candidates want to have Lucho as their manager (they all have their own managers that they prefer to appoint, no names were mentioned though strangely enough), that the current board would be fine with Lucho leaving, that the relations between Lucho and the board were never the same again after Zubi was fired. Here we must remember that Zubi was basically the one that appointed Lucho and his biggest supporter. They also believe that this situation can't go on for another season and that Messi wants to be coached by a manager that he has a good relationship with. Mascaró also claims that the current board is looking for a substitute.

I might have missed some other smaller details but those are the main points.

In my eyes it's a bunch of hot air although it is not unlikely that he could leave. It really depends on him because I have no doubt, contrary to what they say, that the current board would love to retain Lucho. That and of course the relationship between Lucho and Messi. Is it really as bad as some rumors claim? I can't know but if that is the case he might very well leave.
I think that this is the main reason why they are saying that Lucho will leave this summer.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
On the other side MARCA claim the relationship between Messi and Lucho is improving, step by step. Congratulated and hugged after the game. The team including Messi applauding Lucho on his bday.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
So I was joking in January that Lucho might win Fifa World Coach of the year award, not so funny now, he might actually win...

Leo_Messi

On the other side MARCA claim the relationship between Messi and Lucho is improving, step by step. Congratulated and hugged after the game. The team including Messi applauding Lucho on his bday.

Which in short means that none of the local newspapers know what is up and what is down. All they are doing is guessing and interpreting events as it pleases them. The definition of 99% of all sports journalists nowadays.

I won't take anything seriously unless most local media and "respected" journalists are going to report it more or less simultaneously and before the actual persons involved (Lucho, Messi etc.) speak out about this. Which they won't do before the season ends if at all.

Kohe321

Yeah, that's the thing.

Judging from the tone in games and in the daily trainings (yeah, I watch those :lol: ) - most notably one of the most recent ones where they celebrated Luchos birthday, I really am not seeing any signs of this alleged fallout anymore. The atmosphere in the entire team seems to be very good. There was no doubt some issues at the start of 2015, but these are grown ups - why would it be impossible for them to bury the hatchet and become friends again?

I simply don't think it would be possible for the team to play this consistently brilliant if there were some hidden rift between squad and manager. You can't freestyle and fake this kind of team effort for so long. It would be extremely surprising at least.

By the way, [MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION] - welcome back. Been missed. :cheers:

Last edited:

Vlom

Ok, Mehssi brought my attention to this thread due to the following video below from Sport's talk show called 100% BARÇA.

http://www.sport.es/es/tertulia-sport/

Led by Taltavull and attended by other Sport journalists among them Mascaró, Casanovas, San Antonio, Miguel etc.

They are basically saying that Lucho will leave mainly due to the stress of being a manager at Barça, the heavy criticism of him earlier this season by the media, his poor relation with Messi who commands the dressing room, that Anoeta was a point of no return for the trust between the squad and Lucho, that the squad in public makes it appear like everything is fine while there are disagreements, that the squad and Messi have made a deal with Lucho of them doing "their job" and leaving the disagreements aside for the common good of everyone, that Unzué has the respect and trust of the entire dressing room and that he might be lined up as his successor (this is what Miguel claims, the last one of the 3) etc. They also claim that none of the candidates want to have Lucho as their manager (they all have their own managers that they prefer to appoint, no names were mentioned though strangely enough), that the current board would be fine with Lucho leaving, that the relations between Lucho and the board were never the same again after Zubi was fired. Here we must remember that Zubi was basically the one that appointed Lucho and his biggest supporter. They also believe that this situation can't go on for another season and that Messi wants to be coached by a manager that he has a good relationship with. Mascaró also claims that the current board is looking for a substitute.

I might have missed some other smaller details but those are the main points.

In my eyes it's a bunch of hot air although it is not unlikely that he could leave. It really depends on him because I have no doubt, contrary to what they say, that the current board would love to retain Lucho. That and of course the relationship between Lucho and Messi. Is it really as bad as some rumors claim? I can't know but if that is the case he might very well leave.
I think that this is the main reason why they are saying that Lucho will leave this summer.

Thanx for your input, and for translating for those who don't speak spanish.

I usually don't trust Sport, I said it before, they live in their own bubble and especially on transfer talks they always go with the "the player loves barça and wants to come" angle, but at least since they're culés, it seemed to be some sort of consistency in their approach, that it was positive to barça, this is why this kinda baffled me, it seems they have an agenda against a component of barça, either staff, board, etc .. this is typically a news you could see on Marca or As to unsettle barça, I didn't expect it on Sport.

Also, Mascaro was on the chiringuito one week ago, talking the same shit about Lucho's future with the likes of Pedrerol and Roncero... weird.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Which in short means that none of the local newspapers know what is up and what is down. All they are doing is guessing and interpreting events as it pleases them. The definition of 99% of all sports journalists nowadays.

I won't take anything seriously unless most local media and "respected" journalists are going to report it more or less simultaneously and before the actual persons involved (Lucho, Messi etc.) speak out about this. Which they won't do before the season ends if at all.

Which is usually the case.

The Messi v Lucho thing is also blown out of proportion. Not everyone gets along, not everyone will get along. What matters is that everyone are focused and motivated on giving their all and fight for the big things and the team. You need mutual respect and I believe Messi and Lucho got that. That's what matters in the end.

However, Lucho can of course leave after the season, for various reasons, stress is a valid reason and he has only spent a season at Roma and a season at Celta and Barca is a different beast altogether which he experienced earlier this season when the shit hit the fan.

He might also not want to commit himself because of the presidential elections in summer and align himself with a candidate, and especially not with Bartomeu.

Leo_Messi

Thanx for your input, and for translating for those who don't speak spanish.

I usually don't trust Sport, I said it before, they leave in their own bubble and especially on transfer talks they always go with the "the player loves barça and wants to come" angle, but at least since they're culés, it seemed to be some sort of consistency in their approach, that it was positive to barça, this is why this kinda baffled me, it seems they have an agenda against a component of barça, either staff, board, etc .. this is typically a news you could see on Marca or As to unsettle barça, I didn't expect it on Sport.

Also, Mascaro was on the chiringuito one week ago, talking the same shit about Lucho's future with the likes of Pedrerol and Roncero... weird.

No biggie.

I don't think that they have an agenda as such. They probably like most of us believe that the league is pretty much wrapped up, that we are very likely to win the CdR final against Athletic at the Camp Nou and that we have a very good chance against Juve. I can't blame them because everything (almost) has went our way. This board even won their first legal battle this week. RM self-explored at home twice in the matter of days and basically ended their season. You could not have made this up.:lol:

As I wrote earlier, I believe that their angle rests solely on the relationship between Lucho and Messi (and some other squad players) and on whether Lucho is willing to coach for another season in an environment that is undoubtedly very stressful for any person. Personally I also believe that motivation might become an issue considering that he will never be able to improve after winning a triplete. I mean he can almost only "disappoint" in that sense.

Anyway we will likely know what is up and what is down in a not so distant future. I can't see us changing managers (once again) in late July. That would be a failure of planning.

Which is usually the case.

The Messi v Lucho thing is also blown out of proportion. Not everyone gets along, not everyone will get along. What matters is that everyone are focused and motivated on giving their all and fight for the big things and the team. You need mutual respect and I believe Messi and Lucho got that. That's what matters in the end.

However, Lucho can of course leave after the season, for various reasons, stress is a valid reason and he has only spent a season at Roma and a season at Celta and Barca is a different beast altogether which he experienced earlier this season when the shit hit the fan.

He might also not want to commit himself because of the presidential elections in summer and align himself with a candidate, and especially not with Bartomeu.

We agree.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Timing is very unusual. Alba just said yesterday that team is united and behind Lucho.
Maybe some presidential candidate is behind this.

Home of Barca Fans