Luis Enrique

Stric

IMHO one of the most important things that he did, and one that he deserves a lot of credit for, is making the transition from Barca to Barca-without-Xavi as painless as possible. After the last few seasons, I don't think anyone could have imagined that it would work out as well as it did. If someone told me last spring that Barca would end the 2014/2015 season successfully, with Xavi spending most minutes benched, I would have found it difficult to believe, regardless of the coach and the CM replacement. And not to mention that we ended with a treble. Xavi has been so crucial to this generation that it is difficult to imagine the team working well without him. There's no one who can do what he does as good as he does it. But Lucho found a way to make it work, and it was not only a success in the context of this season, but in the context of post-Xavi Barca in general. Well done, Lucho.

i_bleed_blaugrana

I even remember him requesting a tall scaffolding type structure to watch trainings from a higher vantage point :lol:. He also had two additional coaches view matches from higher vantage points to help with tactical analysis.

MMD_369046_la_diferencia_entre_el_tata_y_luis_enrique.jpg

Guess the Navy Seals style pre-season paid off lol.

American Football coaches frequent scaffolding in their pre-season camps, why not Lucho?

I would agree though that perhaps Lucho's greatest strength has been his organization and separation of powers of his coaching staff, it allows him to focus purely on steering the ship in the right direction as the captain instead of trying to micromanage every aspect ala Mou/Pep. Its shrewd organization and specialization, so while Unzue and Pol do deserve a lot of credit for getting our biggest weaknesses ironed out, Lucho organized it and put them in a situation where they could maximize their impact and success.

Resourcefulness is consistent, genius comes in spurts and that's what makes Lucho shine, how shrewd and resourceful he is.

Stric

I get the joke, but in all honesty, that's uncalled for and borderline disrespectful towards Tata. The results we had last season weren't for a lack of effort or competence on his part. Tata was forced to deal with shit that Lucho was lucky to avoid, and he had a significantly weaker squad. And if Lucho had signed in 2013, I doubt we would have finished last season with a treble like we did now.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Tello and Pedro alluded to having to get personal fitness training to stay fit. Tata didn't care to train intensely. He was too grandfatherly :)p).

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
No no no

Lucho. .....

Why would Lucho ask for Aleix Vidal if he'd leave?

Because Aleix IS a Luis Enrique signing.

Devils

This is why even after the treble I still feel animosity. Too much cloud surrounding the likes of Lucho and Alves.

FFS you have to keep a treble winning coach. Offer him whatever it takes to keep him.

raskolnikov

I think its more due to him finding the job much harder than expected. Which seems weird to me since I see little stress in a job at Barca but it also made Pep go bald.

Doubt he leaves though, he should stay and relax.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't think Luis Enrique will be let go, regardless of the result of the election. It is just unthinkable to let go a manager who just won us the treble.

The real question is, why would Luis Enrique want to leave? He can't stand possibly working under a new president and board?

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
I don't think Luis Enrique will be let go, regardless of the result of the election. It is just unthinkable to let go a manager who just won us the treble.

The real question is, why would Luis Enrique want to leave? He can't stand possibly working under a new president and board?

Or he's fed up with the current one. It was reported he was hurt when Zubi got fired.

DonAK

I think its more due to him finding the job much harder than expected. Which seems weird to me since I see little stress in a job at Barca but it also made Pep go bald.

Doubt he leaves though, he should stay and relax.

One draw or a loss and people go crazy. The pressure in such a big club where you're expected to win can get the better of any man.

raskolnikov

One draw or a loss and people go crazy. The pressure in such a big club where you're expected to win can get the better of any man.

I dont know, struggling to feed your family, making ends meet, living in a warzone, thats true stress not coaching the best club ever or losing a cl final, nothing to cry over.
Maybe im looking at it wrong though and its indeed logical to be stressed in his position, stil think he should be pleased with how the season turned out and how he made 90% of us eat some humble pie.
We need some continuity at the club though, he deserves to stay and thats what he should do, just wait out the new board.

Last edited:
barca job is probably the most stressful in the world after madrid lol
but leaving after one season and a treble ? Hardly likely. We'll see...

DonAK

I dont know, struggling to feed your family, making ends meed, living in a warzone, thats true stress not coaching the best club ever or losing a cl final, nothing to cry over.
Maybe im looking at it wrong though and its indeed logical to be stressed in his position, stil think he should be pleased with how the season turned out and how he made 90% of us eat some humble pie.
We need some continuity at the club though, he deserves to stay and thats what he should do, just wait out the new board.

You can't really define stress and how it is for people because it's different. Working in an environment where so much is expected of you and that you have to deliver will be stressful for most people and can burn you out very quickly.

Home of Barca Fans