Luis Enrique

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
?
He indirectly complained about Barca "social model" which, obviously, consists of Qatar. Then he signed for Qatar.
What don't you understand?

F

Flavia

?
He indirectly complained about Barca "social model" which, obviously, consists of Qatar. Then he signed for Qatar.
What don't you understand?
Barça consist of qatar social model? Really?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Still, I don't follow your puzzlement. You don't understand how signing for Qatar collides with his quote about "social model"?
Or do you think Qatar social model is better than Barca's?

F

Flavia

Still, I don't follow your puzzlement. You don't understand how signing for Qatar collides with his quote about "social model"?
Or do you think Qatar social model is better than Barca's?

I'm not really following your logic. I still don't get why Xavi can't criticize Barça because he signed for a qatari club. And also I didn't understand what you meant by "Barca "social model" which, obviously, consists of Qatar."

I don't agree with his choice of club and country, but that alone is no reason to stop him for saying what he thinks about Barça. He grew up and spent most of his life there, after all.

JamDav1982

I'm not really following your logic. I still don't get why Xavi can't criticize Barça because he signed for a qatari club. And also I didn't understand what you meant by "Barca "social model" which, obviously, consists of Qatar."

I don't agree with his choice of club and country, but that alone is no reason to stop him for saying what he thinks about Barça. He grew up and spent most of his life there, after all.

If Xavi has any problem with the Qatar sponsorship and what that country represents then it makes him a hypocrite to go over there and promote that country and take their cash.

Of course he can say what he wants but it still means what he is saying is a bit hypocritical and hard to take seriously.

F

Flavia

If Xavi has any problem with the Qatar sponsorship and what that country represents then it makes him a hypocrite to go over there and promote that country and take their cash.

Of course he can say what he wants but it still means what he is saying is a bit hypocritical and hard to take seriously.

That's not what Xavi said. I can't find the source of the alleged quotes. I remember him saying the treble had nothing to do with Barça's current social model, but no criticism to qatar.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That's not what Xavi said. I can't find the source of the alleged quotes. I remember him saying the treble had nothing to do with Barça's current social model.

CHjD6nlWUAA23IC.png:large

F

Flavia

Thanks, [MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION]. I can't see how this is hypocritical at all.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I think it's perfectly clear that Qatar sponsorship complaints fall into "social" bracket as cash itself is not a problem. So yeah, Xavi is being a hypocrite on this instance.

Also, Xavi's standing diametrically opposite to Laporta who keeps on trashing Qatar.

mssarm

Clubs and individuals aren't the same thing. Xavi is representing no one but himself in qatar.

Right, in Xavi's case is even worse(if of course he meant Qatar). Because from all of the possible destinations he went to Qatar for his personal gain. Compare to that club's management when their salary doesn't depend on Qatari deal and they are doing that for the benefit of the club.

Zinedinho

Clubs and individuals aren't the same thing. Xavi is representing no one but himself in qatar.

But imagine he criticised Barça for the deal with Qatar because of what Qatar represents. People would laugh at that.

Mind you, Xavi hasn't done that. He has made a very vague observation that I have no idea how to interpret.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I interpret that as 'Barca's treble had nothing to do with the board'

I guess he see it as a collective effort by the players, coaching staff and management(Zubi, Sanllehi, Scouts etc.)

Home of Barca Fans