Luis Enrique

it's really not that vague. The president's role in short-term sporting success can be very limited. In barto's case, damn near non-existent. He fired Zubi who was his main tie to that side of the club. Because no president (idiot or not) sacks a coach midway through his first season for being 2nd. DonAK would've won the treble too as barça president... (says a lot don't it)
Fully expect jamdav to say this is bs of course.

Xavi couldn't openly criticize qatar while he's playing there but to think that would make him a hypocrite is just petty. I fired a kalashnikov once in long island. Can't i say that gun control in the US is retarded ?

Last edited:

Zinedinho

Xavi couldn't openly criticize qatar while he's playing there but to think that would make him a hypocrite is just petty. I fired a kalashnikov once in long island. Can't i say that gun control in the US is retarded ?

No, the analogy would be more like: would you criticise a company for doing business with guns while at the same time you're doing business with guns?

Qatar is. You've lost the plot there.
Xavi officially endorsing the qatar world cup while speaking against qatar as a sponsor would be hypocritical. Not this.

Last edited:

Zinedinho

Qatar is. You've lost the plot there.
Xavi officially endorsing the qatar world cup while speaking against qatar as a sponsor would be hypocritical. Not this.

To everybody reading this: this is an hypothetical situation, Xavi hasn't criticised the Qatar deal.

So as long as he takes the money from them and just shuts up about anything else happening in that country, it's ok. The problem is that criticism of the sponsorship stems precisely from what that country represents. To take their money and suddenly shut up about that very same source of criticism would be highly hypocritical.

that's where we disagree. I think it would be hypocritical NOT to shut up.

To go back to my beloved kalashnikov example, I've always argued for more gun control, but not in that particular moment. Anyway i've said all i wanted to say on that issue and yes, xavi's actual comments had little to nothing to do with qatar.

Richard.H

So far he has made excellent decisions in the offseason, something that Pep somewhat struggled with. Lets see where this leads the team.

Drexl

Have you noticed one thing, guys? Despite his relatively poor results at Roma, he's very respected among his former players.

xXKonan

CKMjQ1IVEAACuN_.jpg

Icarium

Lifestealer
I wonder if he still has the same hunger for trophies and make the players train hard for it. I Hope he does that is the only way we can continue winning.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If anyone has the tenancy to do it, it's Lucho.
Still, people aren't machines and we're bound to see some complacency. Neymar, Rakitic and Suarez first come to mind as they just fullfilled their dream unlike others that are used to winning trophies.Or new guys Arda and Vidal, hungry to prove themselves

Mido

To win two trebles in a row is very difficult. The team has to be at least as hungry ,mentally very tough and very consistent.

When it comes to work ethic and discipline, I am not too worried.

Messi, Neymar, Iniesta and Piqué can be mentally fragile at times.

To keep the team hungry, you need a very competitive squad. It would be all good to have competition between Rakitic/Iniesta/Ardan and Pedro stepping up.

Zinedinho

Rafinha needs to step up. He'll be needed in the first half. And hopefully, Samper shows his talent (come on, Lucho, try him as a CM).

Home of Barca Fans