Luis Enrique

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
As far as I remember Lucho is the most versatile player I ever saw.

Well we also have Adriano who can play all these roles: LB, RB, CB, central midfield, on both wings. And that's without counting his natural position, the treatment table.
I'm just surprised we never played him as a striker.

Mido

Alves is back so Roberto will be used in midfield to releave Iniesta/Rakitic.
There is Gumbau too and I wouldn't mind having him vs. Las Palmas.

Never seen Gumbau play, is he really better than Samper ??

Samper seems to have some potential.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Guys who watched B team this season say that he plays better than Samper. The latter is more talented, no doubt, but that's not really relevant.

hardyboy

Luis Enrique (first team coach): "We are damaging the B team, but we have no choice. We have Gumbau here, a very interesting player"

Lucho unfortunately prefers Gambau :(

BBZ8800

[tw]644109460814852096[/tw]

I guess this is where Lucho got is Roberto-RB idea from. :mou:

This lineup is so messed up, we probably had 1000s of injuries.
Lucho is a midfielder/attacker on a RB.
Attackers Rivaldo and Giovanni in midfield.
Out of our 6 midfielders and attackers, only Cocu knows how to defend.
And then, Lucho at RB and RB Reiziger at CB.

Van Gaal played way too attacking in Europe, lol.

BBZ8800

Luis Enrique (first team coach): "We are damaging the B team, but we have no choice. We have Gumbau here, a very interesting player"

Lucho unfortunately prefers Gambau :(

Most of Lucho's signings till now have been taller/somewhat stronger players.

Maybe Lucho doesn't like (too many) too soft midfielders like in Pep's days.
This can't be a concidence about Lord Gumball and Samper anymore.

Lucho prefers Gumball and that's it.

Also, if Samper won't get chances now when we have only Iniesta, Rakitic and Roberto available, then I wouldn't be surprised that his Barca's career is nearing to an end.

When we will have Turan and maybe a new CM in summer, he surely won't get chances.
And unless if he drastically improves (or if Lucho leaves), Samper will have Busi, Masch, (Sergi Roberto) and Lord Gumball infront of him at CDM position.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Guys who watched B team this season say that he plays better than Samper. The latter is more talented, no doubt, but that's not really relevant.

Gumbau has slightly(and by that I mean slightly) been better than Samper so far this season(sample size very small though), but that's more because Samper's not been at his usual best than Gumbau performing exceptionally.

Samper did far better than Gumbau in the pre-season in the minutes they played yet Gumbau got more time, was called-up more for training with the 1st team so I think Lucho simply doesn't rate Samper atm so it doesn't matter whether Sergi does well or not.

Even Camara is reported to be ahead in the pecking order so that kind of gives it away.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Luis Enrique: "Ter Stegen? Coach doesn't criticize him, so he shouldn't be affected. We're old enough to know how the football circus works"

Luis Enrique: "Replacing Rafinha? Club asked Fifa already months ago if they can sign another player, answer was 'no'. I don't count on it."

Luis Enrique: "Alves? That's the good news of the week. He trained normally, we'll see tomorrow if he can play."

khaled_a_d

Most of Lucho's signings till now have been taller/somewhat stronger players.

Maybe Lucho doesn't like (too many) too soft midfielders like in Pep's days.
This can't be a concidence about Lord Gumball and Samper anymore.

Lucho prefers Gumball and that's it.

Also, if Samper won't get chances now when we have only Iniesta, Rakitic and Roberto available, then I wouldn't be surprised that his Barca's career is nearing to an end.

When we will have Turan and maybe a new CM in summer, he surely won't get chances.
And unless if he drastically improves (or if Lucho leaves), Samper will have Busi, Masch, (Sergi Roberto) and Lord Gumball infront of him at CDM position.

I totally agree with that post except the taller part, Samper is soft but he is around 6ft so he is actually tall

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Lucho liking Gumbau because he's so strong is strange logic. The guy looks like bambi on ice 50% of the time. He's tall, but not that physical either.

Richard.H

A lot of you complain that Lucho underuses La Masia.

The same occurred during Tito's tenure, but far worse. I recall the one and only La Masia product he kept using was Montoya, but completely ignored everyone else.

In comparison to Tito and Tata, Lucho has been heavily reliant on La Masia. Last year, Sandro and Munir got plenty of minutes. This year, S.Roberto and Rafinha have gotten plenty of minutes. It's really unfortunate that he got injured though, or he would've appeared more.

vukkapor

So our treble winning coach doesn't get to chose prospect from La Masia by himself, you all won the treble last year and get info from the B team's coach.. Jesus, Bojan we could handle under Pep, and we can't handle some Gumbal..

Home of Barca Fans