Luis Enrique

Stric

In general such a formation would be a good idea but the lack of depth in midfield would be even more difficult to cope with. As long as Messi is injured I think one of either Munir or Sandro should start every game.

That also makes sense, but I think the entire point of the 4-4-2 is to avoid playing Munir and Sandro, who are significantly inferior to our other players. Start with 4-4-2 and our best 11, and then do whatever subs are appropriate, depending on the scoreline.

Stric

They're fine for subs and rotations, but we need to define our strongest 11, our default go-to lineup in Messi's absence. And I don't think either of them have a place in it. A 4-4-2 makes sense. It does to me, at least.

xXKonan

According to Rac1, Barca will play tomorrow in the 4-4-2, with Iniesta, Sergi Busquets and Rakitic in half, Neymar and Suárez in the attack.

Hmm.

I also read Roberto could be used as a #10.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I reckon that would be with Roberto as RW and Iniesta on the left.
Please no.
Busquets can't adapt to a new role and we'd be losing control in midfield.

Just play Munir as right forward. Schedule is not that bad except for Sevilla and we'd finally see if Munir can make it or not.

vinni

For some reason i think Neymar will be our new creator, but i hope im wrong. I would love to see Iniesta in this position again. :)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Lucho after Leverkusen match:

"We needed more support from the crowd when things weren't going our way. The team deserves more credit. You should support the team before, not only when it's going well. This team runs and goes all out every game, they deserve all the credit."

"Sometimes you win through belief, sometimes with the heart, sometimes with confidence. They also had chances. This result strengthens the team."
"If we hadn't won we wouldn't be top of the group but we knew this team would make things very difficult."

"It's sad news (Iniesta injury), because of the player and because of the situation we're in. It seems like a joke."

Mido

Leverkusen showed how a decent team with a clear gameplan implemented in a very disciplined fashion can give us sooo much trouble if the team runs out of ideas and doesn't stay alert. I am almost certain that Roger Schmidt watched our last games vs Atletico, Juventus and Bayern.

Luis Enrique has a lot to learn from Leverkusen's game.

One of the negative aspects of Enrique's tactical (r)evolution is that we can't dominate anymore those types of teams and are forced to engage in a shootout which can become very risky depending on the team's fitness level, motivation and discipline.

Neither Neymar, nor Suarez can give a breath of fresh air to our midfield when it starts to overheat, since they don't have the "2005-2014 Barca DNA" so to speak.

It seems clear to me that now Iniesta's injured, we must bring the heat to Sevilla and they will certainly bring it to us. Mental strenght, fitness and discipline are the keys to victory for this hugely important game.

Horatio

You're welcome
Say what you want about this coach but considering all the setbacks we are having this season(bad form of players, injuries, transfer ban) he is still doing well. 1 loss, 1 draw and rest are wins.

I mean it could have been far worse. Take Chelsea for example.

mazp

Say what you want about this coach but considering all the setbacks we are having this season(bad form of players, injuries, transfer ban) he is still doing well. 1 loss, 1 draw and rest are wins.

It's only Sept.. Wait until the winter break, to see where we are.

F

Flavia

Result-wise, yes. But I don't blame Enrique for the current state of the team. Preseason was poorly done, and that is on the board, that went for the money with that US tour. Copa America also took it's toll on some players.

Home of Barca Fans