Luis Enrique

Mido

Result-wise, yes. But I don't blame Enrique for the current state of the team. Preseason was poorly done, and that is on the board, that went for the money with that US tour. Copa America also took it's toll on some players.

That US-Tour was a baaad decision.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Not accounting for the lack of depth is astonishing and its difficult to know who deserves most of the blame

Chainsaw

Killahead
Not accounting for the lack of depth is astonishing and its difficult to know who deserves most of the blame

Exactly. This is going just like last season before the Sociedad loss. People blame everyone from the board to the players and staff but it's hard to understand what's really going wrong.

Mido

Spielverlagerung-de.jpg

This basically sums up how Bayer Leverkusen had the upperhand for 55 minutes...

khaled_a_d

Result-wise, yes. But I don't blame Enrique for the current state of the team. Preseason was poorly done, and that is on the board, that went for the money with that US tour. Copa America also took it's toll on some players.

It has been this way for years now and it is annoying ,we do well so pre-season in Asia/USA .then we do bad so pre-season in Europe . and the cycle continue

F

Flavia

Exactly. This is going just like last season before the Sociedad loss. People blame everyone from the board to the players and staff but it's hard to understand what's really going wrong.

The lack of proper planning, about signings to pre seasons, have been going on for a while now.

Galning

Pre-season and squad management is all down to the incompetence of the board. Nothing Lucho can do about that to be honest so I won't blame him for the start of the season. Only if this continues after new year I will get worried. Last season's pre-january we played exactly the same: bad but getting the results.

Mido

Pre-season and squad management is all down to the incompetence of the board. Nothing Lucho can do about that to be honest so I won't blame him for the start of the season. Only if this continues after new year I will get worried. Last season's pre-january we played exactly the same: bad but getting the results.

I beg to differ

we were quite goo from October (post-classico and psg losses) to December.. and we were a lot more organised too

Mido

Bran the Greenseer

http://www.transfermarkt.at/fc-barcelona/spielplandatum/verein/131/plus/?saison_id=2014&wettbewerb_id=&heim_gast=&datum_von=01.10.2014&datum_bis=31.12.2015

From the Celta Vigo loss till Cordoba win (just before Anoeta) : 11 matches, 9 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss // 39 goals scored, 6 goals conceded... opponenents worthy mentioning : Ajax ( 2-0) ; Sevilla (5-1) ; Valencia ( 1-0) ; PSG ( 3-1)

We can only DREAM about these stats in the current situation...

We were good stat wise, but the actual team wasn't playing at Barca caliber either. We were able to get those results simply because of the sheer quality in the squad (Messi, Neymar, Suarez,Iniesta,Xavi on a good day and Bravo who was brilliant the entire last season). The reason we look worse now is cause we have half a squad at this point.

Galning

http://www.transfermarkt.at/fc-barcelona/spielplandatum/verein/131/plus/?saison_id=2014&wettbewerb_id=&heim_gast=&datum_von=01.10.2014&datum_bis=31.12.2015

From the Celta Vigo loss till Cordoba win (just before Anoeta) : 11 matches, 9 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss // 39 goals scored, 6 goals conceded... opponenents worthy mentioning : Ajax ( 2-0) ; Sevilla (5-1) ; Valencia ( 1-0) ; PSG ( 3-1)

We can only DREAM about these stats in the current situation...

As I said in my original post. Bad but getting the results. Rewatch the actual games and we were pretty mediocre in all of them. The Ajax away game in the CL was the worst Barça I've seen in years.

Mido

As I said in my original post. Bad but getting the results. Rewatch the actual games and we were pretty mediocre in all of them. The Ajax away game in the CL was the worst Barça I've seen in years.

I don't wanna engage in a useless debate, but as far as I can remember, we played really well against PSG and Sevilla. We suffered in both games against Valencia .

Anyway, I can't compare our current performances with the pre-Anoeta ones... it's not even close...

Last edited:

serghei

Yep, Lucho seems to know that titles are usually won late in the season. No team will run with the title in december, so maybe it is wise to slowly get into shape. I remember as well that last season the fans were complaining we were winning the games 1-0, 2-0 late in the game. 1-0 to Villareal late in the game, then 2-0 with Bilbao also towards the end when Neymar came. So it is a similarity. But what worries me is that we concede more. Last season we had problems early on with scoring mostly. Now we have problems all around.

Home of Barca Fans