Luis Enrique

JamDav1982

How are we not?

How is it that every other top team announced massive shirts & equipment deals in the last couple years, while we're about to loose Qatar, Nike shoved the horizontal stripes on us, and we're still paid peanuts when we're their only top team ?

Money should be raining down on us, and it's not, so something's not right.

Do you expect Nike to suddenly start paying Barca more money on a ten year deal agreed in 2008?

Other teams are getting more for their shirt deals etc at moment as they have not long expired while Barca is heading to the end of deals that were records the time.

How is the possibility of losing Qatar as the sponsor them 'bullying' Barca? Teams lose sponsors all the time if they dont see it as good business.

J

Jamie Cal

Board will probably lock the new deals from shirt sponsorship and Nike (maybe stadium too), so we are in solid position. But what irks me is the fact that Nike made longtime deal with LBJ today, reportedly biggest in their history, yet we get 30 something mil a year. Adidas pays UTD and Bayern crazy money, Real too and they will get new contract and Nike cannot pay us more and we are their only big team they got, Adidas took everyone else.

Should make deal with Under Armor or someone willing to pay 70-100m a year and get it done with.

Fairly sure we're the only big club in the world that's even with Nike anymore.

Alarcón

That is certainly the case, we are running out of money and I don't think the board will wait another year to make a cardinal decision: either sell the name of Nou Camp or sell one of the trident. To me is the most logical one to sell the name of the stadium, because Nou Camp means nothing, Camp Nou can be Emirates or another Idontgiveacrapistan, but with whole independence of Catalunya that might be a problem.

what?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Problem are wages and it's been going on since Laporta days, at least.
I agree that Barca made many mistakes in negotiating but it's also a fact that this one in a lifetime generation comes with an expense.

blaugrana1987

Wages wont be an issue once Adriano and Mathieu are gone. Masch is 32 as well and on big wages, he is not going to be here for that long anymore. Once we get new deals with Nike and Quatar they will probably be at around 60% of our revenue.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think Adriano and Mathieu have big wages. Besides, we need Mathieu as first cb backup. Even if he leaves, I doubt his replacement will earn less.

mssarm

80 is like peanuts in Barca budget. Dumping Adriano,Diuglas and Matthieu is not going to solve cash problems. It's all over the place: Barca cannot even afford to pay 18 mill for Nolito. We need serious financial overhaul with couple of hundred million dollars of cash injection. You achieve that by selling either high value player,getting a major sponsorship. Another way is play the game that RM is playing: get into debt which is very dangerous idea,especially in Spain where the debtor can do hostile takeover . To me is the best solution is get the sponsorship. Is better to play in the stadium named Qatar and win trophies than getting trashed in Nou Camp by Messi playing for City

khaled_a_d

80 is like peanuts in Barca budget. Dumping Adriano,Diuglas and Matthieu is not going to solve cash problems. It's all over the place: Barca cannot even afford to pay 18 mill for Nolito. We need serious financial overhaul with couple of hundred million dollars of cash injection. You achieve that by selling either high value player,getting a major sponsorship. Another way is play the game that RM is playing: get into debt which is very dangerous idea,especially in Spain where the debtor can do hostile takeover . To me is the best solution is get the sponsorship. Is better to play in the stadium named Qatar and win trophies than getting trashed in Nou Camp by Messi playing for City

From what I understand we can't buy Nolito in January .but the club will have enough usual cash for summer transfers
We aren't in such bad position financially tbf ,many rumors that we actually made the most money between all clubs in the world in 2015

Neymessi

I hope we sort our financial state ASAP.We are not in a crisis or anything but we are pretty much operating on the edge.

vukkapor

I strongly recommend you guys to read this article if you want to have a better understanding for Barcelona's financial situation.
Here's some infographics from the article btw.

Variation in income between the 2013/2014 and 2014/2015 seasons

eTD4bUy.jpg

Variation in expenditure between the 2013/2014 and 2014/2015 seasons

A3R0wa6.jpg

Variation in income between the 2014/2015 and 2015/2016 seasons

W0Oen6z.jpg

Variation in expenditure between the 2014/2015 and 2015/2016 seasons

NhdIe1U.jpg

In the article it's explained why we can't spend a lot this winter, it's not because of our debt, it's other reasons..

Chong Li

Clever management by Lucho in the past two games.

He clearly wanted to show the board that we NEED to sign new players in January.

Well done Lucho, just please get the right ones (Nolito and/or Soriano).

i_bleed_blaugrana

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2015/12/...bers-behind-luis-enriques-barcelona-makeover/

On a slightly different note, really interesting article about the stats behind our transformation tactically from Guardiola to Enrique and it was their analysis on how we are creating our goals that highlights how Lucho has shifted the emphasis from the middle to the attacking 3rd. It really does explain a lot in why at times we have trouble controlling games but also how we got to be so devastating on the counter and the point about having significantly increased the quality of goal scoring chances when making passes in and around the box instead of building the play deeper highlights a key attribute in our style now and most importantly, the type of players we should be looking to recruit in he future.

xXKonan

Luis Enrique: "Positive feelings after the game, saw good things. Draw against a team that needed a win. And no injuries." #fcblive

Luis Enrique: "Need a forward in January? Won't discuss that in public. I talk with the club about these things." #fcblive

Luis Enrique: "Happy with how the B-players did. This was like a master for them - to go from third division to Champions League level."

Luis Enrique: "Ter Stegen? Marc was spectactular. Samper? Bit difficult in first half, very good in second half. Still needs to improve."

Luis Enrique: "Neymar at Club World Cup? His injury was sad news. We'll see what the doctors say when we're back in Barcelona." #fcblive

Luis Enrique: "Opinion on possible opponents in 1/8 finals? Don't yet know who they are..." #fcblive

Barcilliant

Like Lucho's style better then Pep. Both on and off the pitch. He's more straightforward and practical. Also a scrapper who never gives up.

Home of Barca Fans