Luis Enrique

Vilarrubi

Luckily for us we are barca and generally the opponent knows our basic tactics and how we will play anyway but can still do nothing about it :D

SahanBarca

How much rest is he gonna give to Iniesta? He gave it against celta too. It seems that squad depth is having negative effects on us rather than positive

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I'm feeling very uneased with how we look, formations and tactically speaking ... sure we win, but I have a feeling Lucho is back on his spiritual missions only he understands, trying too many things, too often..

3-4-3 again, against a team we lost points to so many times in recent games, no lesson learned.

God help us.

PhilS

Mucho looks like a genius every time all his players play this well. I can't remember the last game following an international break when the coach and all the players (except poor Paco) did so well.

Messi983

How much rest is he gonna give to Iniesta? He gave it against celta too. It seems that squad depth is having negative effects on us rather than positive

Rotations will have a positive effect at the end of the season.

He will start vs City 100%. I'd like to see a Iniesta - Busi - Gomes midfield on wednesday personally.

He played two games for Spain, he'll start against City and most likely at Mestalla on Saturday as well. It was good to rest him vs. Deportivo at home when two tough games are ahead of us this week. Can't complain about Lucho's decision this time but Iniesta should started against Celta, especially with Rakitić also not available. I think at least one of Iniesta/Rakitić should start every away game as other midfielders are still too new into the system.

serghei

He played two games for Spain, he'll start against City and most likely at Mestalla on Saturday as well. It was good to rest him vs. Deportivo at home when two tough games are ahead of us this week. Can't complain about Lucho's decision this time but Iniesta should started against Celta, especially with Rakitić also not available. I think at least one of Iniesta/Rakitić should start every away game as other midfielders are still too new into the system.

To be honest, I don't particularly like the way Lucho rotates, especially in midfield, because he seems to have divided the playing time between two sides, the starters, who play the best games (Busi - Iniesta - Rakitic), and the other guys, who play what is left (this usually still includes Busi, and then we have Gomes, Arda, Rafinha and Denis). This is the reason why the team is lacking some substance. Because we have the newcomers (I count Arda as a newcomer because of his abnormal first season) who kind of play next to each other, instead of playing next to established Barcelona players that could help them integrate faster.

What I would like is a more mixed approach. I want to see Gomes playing with Busi and Iniesta as well for example, to see how he gets along with two great passers in his close proximity.

It's just me, but I would play Busi - Iniesta - Gomes vs City on Camp Nou, and I would play Rakitic in the away game, where I expect us to dominate less.

I just don't see why we should field Busi - Iniesta - Rakitic in a non-decisive game vs City on Camp Nou. It's the perfect game to play Umtiti and one of the new signings in midfield, because it is a tough game, against a very very good team, and with some pressure, but it is not decisive and City's draw in Scotland works in our favour. These are the games where we have to try 1-2 new players to see how they can play in a working platform against a top rival.

I would field Stegen - Alba, Umtiti, Pique, Roberto - Iniesta, Busquets, Gomes - Neymar, Suarez, Messi.

Last edited:

Devils

No doubt Lucho makes mistakes, but it is clear he works very very hard.

That's a nice gesture from Pique, he's been incredible since Lucho started managing us and no doubt Lucho deserves credit for that.

serghei

No doubt Lucho makes mistakes, but it is clear he works very very hard.

That's a nice gesture from Pique, he's been incredible since Lucho started managing us and no doubt Lucho deserves credit for that.

Yea, totally. I don't always agree with his decisions, but he works hard and his ambition and desire are great to see, now in his third season already. He really is the type of manager we needed at the point when he was brought in, and despite the rough start, he brought that calmness in the team back. Still think that he kept things more simple in his first season after that Sociedad moment, and that he should get back to that approach.

Last edited:

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Mascherano at RB ? Seriously ? on a champions league night luis ?

This is scary shit ..

Home of Barca Fans