Luis Enrique

vlad

Not to mention that this type of football will result in increased number of injuries, we are just not build up to play like that. I just can't understand WTF is Lucho doing!? Last few years when we scored one or two goals in first 25-30 minutes we would just control it until the end. In 90% of games this year we didn't have control even when we were 2 goals ahead. Our opponents are counterattacking us all the time in every single game and we are running like idiots back and forth for 90 minutes.

This is not how Barca plays, this is not how Cruyff taught us to play.

he lost it, its too long now to be in such a bad form, from second part of last season until now and dont see any improvments, like the team is on autopilot, if he cant motivate squad anymore, than he can go after this season, no room for sentimental thoughts

Raketa10

Lucho definitely put out a good line-up today, can be no debate about that.

But yeah, the injury to Iniesta, Gomes having a horror-show and Busi's terrible form all played a contributing factor in today's mess.

I'm not going to put the entire blame on Lucho for this one because of the Iniesta injury, but he needs to sort out the midfield fast.

It's not a line-up problem, it's style of play problem and tactical disaster problem. This line up can be picked by a 1st grade kid.

Last edited:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
But, but, but, he's from the house, he knows the club and style!

Now seriously, I'm not saying we should sack him immediately, but I also believe a change would be beneficial... He did his job, a treble and a double are more than enough, but I think the fatigue is starting to show and we shouldn't wait for a disaster to make a decision, the problem is that I don't know of any other manager that would suit us...

There's still a lot of season ahead of us, but I don't see us winning much if things continue like this...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think Lucho won't renew his contract himself. Or at most extend for a year only. It's a very demanding job.

But again, the problem is...who to replace him when the time inevitably comes?

Willing to put money on Valverde being the board's first choice, but I'm not so sure about Valverde... Or perhaps take the more interesting, but risky choice of Sampaoli?

Last edited:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I think Lucho won't renew his contract himself. Or at most extend for a year only. It's a very demanding job.

But again, the problem is...who to replace him?

I heard there's a portuguese player nearing retirment who has crazy coaching skills...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Marcelino, Paco, Sampaoli to name few from La Liga. There are plenty of good candidates.

Still, a long way until season ends. We've seen what happened in 2014/2015.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Marcelino, Paco, Sampaoli to name few from La Liga. There are plenty of good candidates.

Still, a long way until season ends. We've seen what happened in 2014/2015.

We've got another one of our guys managing a team in La Liga.

And that's

Eusebio :mou:

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
A bit early to be talking about replacements, but knowing how stubborn Lucho is, this season doesn't bode well unless something drastic happens like in Jan 2015.. though now with a lot more confidence and credit, I doubt anything would make him change.

mssarm

I don't think he will continue and I was expecting to see weaker performance from the team this year. He got trophies for us, but just like every manager before him he will run out of ideas and it will be time to replace him. We still have great players, the team has lot of potential,it's probably the time for someone else bring his ideas to this team.
P.S. I don't believe we lost our DNA and became real madrid. Going back to Pep's style of possession play is like refusing to use emails and going back to postal pigeons.

barcanuck

Alright. We've been playing shit since the start of the season. Time to wake up Lucho!

I do take a big issue in him picking Gomes and Paco as they havent helped us at all so far. Guys need time to adapt, I get it but excuses are running out.

On the other hand, Munir is, apparently, not good enough to play for Barca according to Lucho but is comfortable scoring against us and playing well. Oh, he doesnt need a season to adapt either.

We all about the CL this year, this is the clear goal. Real winning it last year really has pushed us to this point. La Liga has been somewhat sacrificed.

Home of Barca Fans