Luis Enrique

KingLeo10

[tw]802993692919418880[/tw]

even second division teams are taught to organize better. see the players we have have been part of some immensely successful sides in the past and have a footballing brain so this falls solely on lucho. is he even a manager or simply a physical trainer for this team.

BBZ8800

I'll quote myself from September.
Back then I was attacked to some extent for being pessimistic too early.

What I don't like:
1. too large squad, Lucho can lose it with too many rotations, he is not an expert in that area
2. MSN, imo, I don't think we'll ever again see the magic from 2014/15. Messi is getting older and more tired each new season, Suarez is good, and Neymar is, well, Neymar. So, I am not convinced into our MSN power anymore.
That doesn't mean that we can't play good from time to time. But overall, I don't think that we will ever again see 2015's MSN's magic.
3. Key midfielders Iniesta and Rakitic are getting older and older
4. new signings, it is hard to tell which players are actually players who will strengthen the team and which are players who will be gone in 1-2 years. Also, it is questionable how much time we will need to gel those 2-3 subs into a team so that we don't see a huge drop in quality when any of 11 starters don't play
5. don't ask me why, but I have a gut feeling that we will have hot and cold season this year because all of this above. Something like September's matches.
On "our" night, we will trash anyone 6:1 or 8:1, but way too often we will drop points in 1:1 and 1:2 matches against (too many) midtable/average teams, just 3 or 7 days later.
More or less, what RM was doing in the past few years, when they were trashing some teams 10:1 and 8:1, and then playing 0:0 on the next matchday.
Don't ask me why. I watched Van Gaal's cycle, Barca's poor 00's cycle, Rijkaard's cycle, Pep's cycle, Lucho's cycle. Each cycle usually had a good/fresh start, some fall in the middle and more or less bad end after 3-4 years.
Pep managed to keep players on the highest level for the longest period, but even his team started to fall in the 4th year.
Other coaches lost the momentum from first 1-2 seasons way earlier.

About my remark about us probably not winning a CL this season, that is just my gut feeling.
It is not related to our footballing skills, we are the best or in top 2-3 in that area with RM and Bayern.
I just have a bad gut feeling about team's chemistry, Lucho's ability to keep the motivation of players high in a 3rd year in a row, our mental strength, our overall motivation (we are team filled with too many players who won all trophies way too many times, Messi, Iniesta, Pique, Busi, Mascherano, to some extent Raki, Suarez, Neymar, Alba).
Also, I hope that I am wrong, but I have a feeling that Lucho's 2014/15 was something like Rijkaard's 2005 and 2006, when the team was growing and growing till one point (winning a CL). Again, I have a feeling that our current squad and the current and upcoming seasons will be like Rijkaard's 2006/07 and 2007/08.

Anyway, let's see.
I hope that I am wrong, but I have a lot of concerns about that mental strength/motivation part (of our team) and how a coach can handle everything.
As the time goes by, coaches usually have more and more problems in the locker room with egos, superstars and motivation of players.
Again, we can trash any team 7:1.
The question is: can we win 10+ matches in a row this season?

Anyway, for guys who think that we can't be worse than this, imo:
We'll play like this the whole season.
And we could fall apart totally in upcoming months (like in a spring with Tata where every single match was painful to watch).

Imo, there is no way for us to win La liga anymore.
Not because 6 points is too much, but because of a mental state of our team+Lucho+6 points deficit.

Compared to Lucho's first two seasons:
1. his cycle is nearing to an end
2. older players are less and less motivated in each new season
3. Lucho lost the dressing room
4. we have a way weaker Gk than in his first 2 seasons
5. we don't have Dani Alves, but Roberto, who is proving more and more like closer to meh than world class RB level
6. our worst midfield since 2004'

About a new coach in the future, we shouldn't look for a coach who can wake up this team, since this team is dying.
We should look for a new coach who will start a new cycle, who will keep 5-6 starters and sell a lot of players and start with some new La Masia kids, some new fresh blood, and a few core players like Messi, Busi, Pique, Suarez.

But I am not sure that Barto's understands the problem with keeping all star players and giving them insanely large wages.
If we'll continue with the same team, we will soon end like Galacticos from early 00's when their all key players were low on motivation and aged 32 (R9, Figo, Zidane, Beckham, Roberto Carlos, Raul etc) and when we started our Golden era.

If we'll continue with the same dying team, then we'll just be worse and worse each new Month until we will finally play every single match like tonight.

Last edited:

Raketa10

bielsa-21.jpg

This would be fun :lol:

Devils

He isn't getting sacked mid-season. But it does look like Lucho has run out of ideas.

It's kind of sad, I don't want him to go out on a disastrous note given all he has done for us.

Bielsa is theiorically the best coach for Barca

Bielsa is also the most likely coach to implode under the immense pressure and criticism that comes from being the Barca manager.

George_Costanza

Bielsa is also the most likely coach to implode under the immense pressure and criticism that comes from being the Barca manager.

He is eccentric alright but he did manage probably the highest pressure and most stressful job for any national team for 6 years, didn't he?

Raketa10

Can someone please explain to me the logic behind this team selection?

Lets say our CB positions an LB position are well covered but than the fun beggins.

RB - as a RB we have CM player and RW player

Midfield - we do not have a DM sub, we have 3 players whose best position is CAM or wing (Rafinha, Denis and Arda) and that beeing said in 4-3-3 system CAM does not exist and thay can not play on wing since Lucho does not have the balls to sub any of MSN and even if he had the balls they are not type of wingers we usually need. We also bought Gomes to improve midfield and untill this day I am not sure what is his best position. It should be CM but he is sooo slow and bad defensively that I am not sure he can play at CM position for us.

Attack - we have one sub (Paco) who we have paid 30m and now Lucho has no balls of subbing him on even if Suarez is playing like today. Than what is the point of having him? And he insisted on new no.9 player!

As I see it selection was done terribly wrong and we can't do anything about that right now but next manager will have some serious issues to solve.

Last edited:

dakt

I bet that Xavi with walking stick could be more useful than what we have now.
The lack of energy in the team is what frightens me. We can loose the title, but I don't want for Barca to embarrassed and don't want to see slow collapse.
Lucho doesn't strike me as someone who has balls and vision like Pep did when he came here as coach. We need authority back and sell everyone who wont get along with that.

gasgas

I wonder how it would have been if after the treble season, we'd have made these buys

Fabinho, Umtiti, A versatile RB/LB
Kante, Gundogan, Lacazette

Instead of
Gomes, Arda, vidal, paco, cillessen, and whatever other trash we bought.

Morten

We have all seen this story before, btw. Barca has some problem in early part of the season, plays some boring/bad football, "Lucho is finished", "Lucho out" etc. Then suddenly they turn it all around, becomes unstoppable and wins the treble in the end.

Raketa10

We have all seen this story before, btw. Barca has some problem in early part of the season, plays some boring/bad football, "Lucho is finished", "Lucho out" etc. Then suddenly they turn it all around, becomes unstoppable and wins the treble in the end.

Until that moment we will be 10 points behind Real and honestly in Lucho's first season we were not so bad as we are today.

Devils

After 5700 posts you're still not tired of trolling?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Relax with the poor trolling. You're not Morten Ramm.

Anyway, I desperately hope Lucho can turn it around one way or another. Especially after Pique's comments. He has to do something different, because this is obviously not working.

He shouldn't and won't be sacked either so forget that, BUT I do think this will be his last season here regardless of how this season ends. And when that ultimately happens, I just hope they don't appoint Unzue because it just would be the same.

Eventually we got to move on to playing through a balanced system that doesn't neglect the midfield.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans