Luis Enrique

JerseyAddict

Iniesta is the missing link. Without him there is no control and the midfield look lost.

I love Iniesta. He is a true Legend. But it is time to stop depending and waiting on Iniesta. He is not going to get younger. We will be more and more without him. Look at RM. They lost Modric, they lost Kroos, they lost Casemiro. And they were winning.

As for Lucho he needs to stop fucking around and rotating so much. Settle on a first Eleven and tactics and make a few minor tweaks and rotations.

It is not about rotations. It is about he has no clue how to solve the crisis. He is, hard to say, lost.

Raketa10

No matter how this season ends Lucho has to go.

I would try to bring Sampaoli or Pochettino in the end of the season. In my opinion they are best candidates for Barca. It is also VERY important to agree terms with the new manager waaay before July so he can participate in plans for the next season. I am also a big fan od Jurgen Klopp but I doubt he would consider leaving Liverpool this summer. Ronald Koeman could also be a good solution but I would prefer Sampaoli or Pochettino over him.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
[tw]802993692919418880[/tw]

This the same thing he was doing in his first half of 2014/2015 season, - bypass the midfield, go through the wings, make a RB an extra winger. It didn't work back then and it doesn't work right now, but now he has even worse players to play this "system".

Last edited:

serghei

How valuable are the lost points vs Alaves and Malaga at home now... With those points in the bag, you can have some kind of a safety net for hard games like this one on Anoeta.

vlad

I wonder how it would have been if after the treble season, we'd have made these buys

Fabinho, Umtiti, A versatile RB/LB
Kante, Gundogan, Lacazette

Instead of
Gomes, Arda, vidal, paco, cillessen, and whatever other trash we bought.

I doubt that something would change, dont know why do you see problem in players, how about proven players, like busquets, pique, mascherano, rakitic, suarez, neymar, all look bad now? Buying players its not solution, players who came this season, i just dont see where barca missed it, i cant judge their performance, when whole team except messi look bad.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
The funny thing is you guys expect non-creative midfielders to suddenly become creative.
Our only Barca-level Creative midfielder is Iniesta.
The rest are workhorses for most of the time.

We replaced Xavi and iniesta with donkeys.
Midfielders who are all physical and less cerebral.

We don't have naturally creative players.
Our most creative players are MSN.

Why give the creative tasks to players who are not creative.

We made a mistake from the start
We play like this bcs msn are the most creative ones
Had we replaced xaviesta with creative mids the burden would be less

If Xavi and Iniesta are the measuring stick, there are no midfielders in the world that have the so called "Barca-level creativity". We have the most creative midfielder in La Liga before he joined us in Ivan Rakitic and a as I recall it great passer and creator named Gomes. Also not to mention I don't remember Denis being utterly useless in Villareal or Rafinha in Celta for that matter cause they were key players in their respective teams. So, the thing about lack of creative midfielders is utter BS. Players don't suddenly forget how to play and even hypothetically if something like that does occur, the odds of it happening to every single player not named Messi is astronomical at best. The system and tactics are the problem not the players.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
It's both, it's tactics and players, Iniesta can play well even with shitty tactics, but you put Gomes in the same setup and it's a huge drop in quality and it looks like Rakitic could perform well only when he had Iniesta and Alves next to him, now he just looks totally lost.

Last edited:

vlad

It's both, it's tactics and players, Iniesta can play well even with shitty tactics, but you put Gomes in the same setup and it's a huge drop in quality and it looks like Rakitic could perform well only when he had Iniesta and Alves next to him, now he just looks totally lost.

you compare one of the best players ever, who is with barca since he was a kid with new player like gomes, bravo.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
you compare one of the best players ever, who is with barca since he was a kid with new player like gomes, bravo.

Ok, that's fair, but my point is that even if you brought good tactician like Pep in the team and you played Gomes and Rakitic in midfield, they wouldn't suddenly become super creative midfielders.

Devils

The midfield is so unacceptable it's comical.

Lucho needs to hurry the fuck up and formulate some sort of strategy before the Clasico. Alaves, Celta, Malaga were all warning sings that something needs to change. Valenica, Sevilla and Granada were also indicators of it even though we won those games. Half of the games this season were poor performances, that's a huge sign that something is terribly wrong.

Players are a problem too. These new signings are not convincing at all minus Umtiti and Digne.

Gomes and Paco cost us nearly 70 million euros. That's fucking insane when you think of the value they have provided so far.

Last edited:

vlad

Ok, that's fair, but my point is that even if you brought good tactician like Pep in the team and you played Gomes and Rakitic in midfield, they wouldn't suddenly become super creative midfielders.

not maybe super creative, like in best barca days, but creative yes, im 100% sure, they are not average players, hot stuff on market and every top club would want them, but you have to use them properly, give them instructions, but they look lost. Scene from yesterday match, lucho beside line is yelling to players to put more pressing, and nothing happens, for me that is the prove that players dont trust much in lucho anymore, time for change i suppose.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
A big NEIN to Tuchel, who is as inflexible and often out of ideas as our own Luis Enrique.

Last edited:

Raketa10

So Rakitic is shit all of the sudden and last two seasons he was maybe our best midfielder? Great conclusion! Do not forget that Iniesta also played badly this season, so according to your conclusion he is also a bad player.

Good manager would do miracles with this team but on the other hand a tactically incapable manager like Enrique could ruin even Neymar, Suarez and highly talented midfield and that is exactly what he is doing right now.

Only player who is immune to his tactical escapades is Messi.

Last edited:

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
So Rakitic is shit all of the sudden and last two seasons he was maybe our best midfielder? Great. Do not forget that Iniesta also played bad this season!

Good manager would do miracles with this team on the other hand a tactically incapable manager like Enrique could ruin even Neymar and Suarez and that is exactly what he is doing right now.

Like I said, he was perfect for us when he had Iniesta and Alves next to him, he new his functions very well and performed well, but now with Alves gone and Iniesta playing less, it's seems to me that he isn't the type of midfielder we need.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans