Luis Enrique

Raketa10

You are right about transfers.
We should add that also into our downfall (motivation, lack of La Masia gems, horrible transfers).

Imo, last 3 summers, under Lucho are almost as bad as our transfers from 99-03' under Gaspart.

Let's look how much we have spent:
-- bad:
1. Mathieu 20M (ok, he was a good squad player, but)
2. Vermaelen 19M (according to transfermarkt)
3. Douglas 4M
4. Arda 34M
5. Vidal 17M
6. Paco 30M
7. Digne 17M
8. Cillessen 13M
= 154M

-- hard to tell:
1. Mats 12M
2. Gomes 35M
3. Denis 10-ish wiith all clauses
= 57M

-- good:
1. Luis Suarez 81M
2. Rakitic 18M
3. Bravo 12M
4. Umtiti 25M
= 136M

Total invested in 3 summers: 347M

I mean, we are often laughing at "big spenders" Man Utd, City, Real and similar.
And then, our directors and scouts managed to buy 15 players in the last 3 summers, producing 2+1 starters (Luis Suarez, Rakitic and a GK) and producing 0-1-2 playable La Masia players.

Some people say that we don't have money, or that we won't have money.
Well, there were quite a few players like Gundogan, Rakitic and Kroos in these summers for 20-30M each.

But yes, there are lots of factors for our downfall:
1. low motivation (players won too many titles)
2. poor transfers, 350M spent
3. La Masia with a poor spell

Denis with clauses 57 ?!?!?!? WTF?!?!?!?! What are the clauses FFS?!?! If he wins Ballon d'Or or what?

jamrock

It's time for us to move away from the 4-3-3, given how Luis wants his team to be organized on the field and try a 4-2-3-1.

By doing this, he will her Messi to play in the middle, which is where he rightfully should be playing, while still keeping the natural with and compactness within the team.

Only thing we will need is a RF and RB, next season to implement this formation correctly, because right now the imbalance in the team is coming from the players over compensating for the weakness on the rightside.

gasgas

It's time for us to move away from the 4-3-3, given how Luis wants his team to be organized on the field and try a 4-2-3-1.

By doing this, he will her Messi to play in the middle, which is where he rightfully should be playing, while still keeping the natural with and compactness within the team.

Only thing we will need is a RF and RB, next season to implement this formation correctly, because right now the imbalance in the team is coming from the players over compensating for the weakness on the rightside.

Gasgas agrees.
We would need a strong DM and a RF with atleast a strong defensive contribution

................Busquets...DM..............
RF....................Messi.................Neymar
..........................CF....

This way we really can find some balance in formatiin,
However it is not the only thing we need

jamrock

Gasgas agrees.
We would need a strong DM and a RF with atleast a strong defensive contribution

................Busquets...DM..............
RF....................Messi.................Neymar
..........................CF....

This way we really can find some balance in formatiin,
However it is not the only thing we need

Yea the RF, would have to be able to put in a shift, if the system wouldn't work, and I wouldn't go with a straight DM,beside sergi. I would play iniesta there and replace him within a season or two with someone somewhat similar.

Someone like Herrera at man utd would do the job.

Strangely enough someone like Pedro would be perfect at the RF, he opens up the pitch well, makes use of space wonderfully and will get back and help defensively.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Denis with clauses 57 ?!?!?!? WTF?!?!?!?! What are the clauses FFS?!?! If he wins Ballon d'Or or what?

Denis was 10-ish with fees paid to Man City, Villareal, Sevilla.
57 is for the group of players whom I called "hard to tell"
Mats 12M+Gomes 35M+Denis 10M=57M

Not 57 for Denis alone.

KingLeo10

he's lost the players with his tactics. when you can't roll over a 3rd division team tactically there are huge, huge problems. madrid will absolutely kill him this weekend.

gatsu

If it means getting Sampoli I'll fire lucho right now, absolutely clueless once again, same problem against high pressing, it become so easy to block our construction game.

I've been saying the same thing from his first season, lucho was never Barca material, he caused already too much destruction.

BarcaOG

Banned
I like Lucho a lot and have supported him from day one but even I'm beginning to think he's not making the right choices/adjustments that the team needs to improve..

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If he loses El Clasico (or we play bad and draw) he can pack his bags.

There, I said it. I didn't want him to go when everyone was on his back in January 2015 but this is the red line for me.

xXKonan

I think another area where Lucho failed to adjust in his broken system is the RB spot.

Roberto in my opinion can be a great RB, but where Lucho made the biggest mistake is shoving Roberto into the RB spot and thinking he can play the Alves role considering both play styles are nothing alike and Alves having a Unique skill set that made our right hand side effective for years.

Roberto could be more effective in a system if it's more balanced. Having the Midfield doing creating duties like it is suppose to do+Alba bombing down the left hand side to help can take the creative pressure off Roberto where he can focus on defending first then occasionally go forward every now and then without the whole burden of being forced to create.

Perhaps the old Abidal-Alves in reverse with Alba being the one going forward more while Roberto sits back and with the occasional attacking play here and there. at the moment though Lucho doesn't see it that way as he wants our FB's to go forward while our Midfield is pretty much a blackhole.

Home of Barca Fans