Luis Enrique

Barcilliant

Wait for an almighty thrashing from Real Madrid. 4-0 or 5-0.

I Wonder if he has lost the dressing room and they want to get rid of him??

God Serena

Our B team actually dominated these guys. Somewhat fitting that the player to score for us would be a B teamer (In his first season, no less. Isn't he still under a Juvenile contract?). Absolutely pathetic.

We tied with a team that even our B team can steamroll.

gasgas

OUT: Lucho, Vidal, Mascherano, Digne, Gomes, Arda, Rafinha, Denis, MaTS, Neymar, Matthew, Vermaelen, Sandro, Song, Douglas, Rakitic, Suarez

IN: Marlon, Donnarumma, Carrasco, Lacazette, Dembele, Dahoud, Verrati, Fabinho, Munir, Palencia, Alaba

Funny huh. :lol:

If it were possible, I would like these changes to occur

IN:

xXKonan

Man I'm so sick of hearing about Verratti.

yeah he would fit this team like a glove but considering where he's at it's never going to happen. It's like nails on a chalkboard at this point. :lol:

This squad doesn't need that massive of a overhaul anyway when we aren't even utilizing the ones we bought very well in the fucking first place. it's like throwing money to put a band aid over a giant ass crack when the problems run deeper than the players we bought.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It may be impossible IRL
But I will be happy for each of those moves

My friend you're going a bit OTT now. These transfers will change zilch if we continue to play the exact way we are right now.

It's not even possible as you said. Heck I'm not sure it's even possible on Football Manager either.

gasgas

My friend you're going a bit OTT now. These transfers will change zilch if we continue to play the exact way we are right now.

It's not even possible as you said. Heck I'm not sure it's even possible on Football Manager either.
We cant play the same way with lucho out

i_bleed_blaugrana

This has been a weird season. Injuries hit us hard and disrupted our rhythm. Wait and see for a bit. Clasico will reveal much. I'm very nervous, hope Messi and Iniesta are primo. Lucho's system was always reliant on playing to individuals qualities rather than fitting players into a grand scheme, rather inductive in nature. If key players form goes to shit, so too does the system.

But Raki, Busi and Luis's dreadful form as of late, the RB abyss and the Paco-Munir debacle are certainly problems that are for the most part on him. Suarez and Raki in particular of late are hardly recognizable. Recently, the problem has been poor execution and lack of control of the game. We don't shape passing lanes as well as we need to and rely on brilliance from the players to create chances. Particularly if you don't have a predator striker banging in every chance he gets, it's always going to cause problems with how Lucho sets up. It's not Benitez, but I do feel like there is a coach out there who could do better with this current squad.

It's not going to be Jorge though and it won't happen until the end of the season though. I'm not waving my hankerchief at him yet but he either needs to get these players in form, bench them or change our tactics and approach because our current trajectory doesn't look pretty.

Say no to the double-pivot though guys. No place for Iniesta in that setup and Busi is not in good enough from for that right now. Sure, away legs it wouldn't be bad but not as a go to, replacement for our current 4-3-3.

Cool

Almost every club that he left the fans campaigned in his favor. Since he left Chile NT, he only managed smaller teams with financial and management instabilities. Both Athletic Bilbao and Marseille sold several key players which led him to have a conflict with club's excutive managament. I don't blame him and I don't think he will face the same issues in a bigger club.

Yeah, but, do you really think he'll not turn on our board, I imagine the situation will go down like this:

He'll ask for a specific player.

Board doesn't get the player.

Meltdown happens.

I would love for Bielsa to come and take the Barca job but we all know he won't manage to live with this current board and Bartomeu.

BBZ8800

This squad doesn't need that massive of a overhaul anyway when we aren't even utilizing the ones we bought very well in the fucking first place. it's like throwing money to put a band aid over a giant ass crack when the problems run deeper than the players we bought.

Time will tell.
There are 2 options:
1. the team doesn't need an overhaul, and we just need a better coach
That would mean that older players haven't actually lost motivation and that new signings (Gomes, Denis, Digne) are actually very, very good and can be starters very soon
2. option 2 is: a coach is poor, but no matter what a new coach will do, the same problems will remain=and that will prove that actually players are also a problem (older players lost motivation, and new signings/younger players don't have enough of quality for Barca's level)
= so: a poor coach+low motivation+poor transfers

It is the easiest to blame Lucho (even though he is guilty), but again, this reminds me so much of days when Tiki-Taka was dead (or dying), but people didn't want to accept it and people didn't want us to move on to a new style.

In Pep's last year, in Tito's year, Tata's year and even in first Lucho's year, people (fans) were living in denial with 1000s of posts like:
-- Tiki-Taka is not dad
-- we can still play it (opponents haven't actually learned how to easily neutralize it), but the coaches are wrong, they are playing it the wrong way
-- we are not playing the original Tiki-Taka, this is why it is ineffective currently. It is our fault (coaches and players), not the system's fault
-- then 100s of posts how Tiki-Taka is not dead, but how our pressing game is actually bad and that is what is causing Tiki-Taka to not work
-- or: Tiki-Taka is not dead, our of the ball movement is weaker lately, this is why it is not working anymore
-- then: Tiki-Taka is not dead, only our players (Xavi-Iniesta) are older and they can't execute it perfectly anymore. We just need a perfect players for Tiki-Taka and it will be unbeatable again

There is a chance that you are right (and majority of people), and that it is all about Lucho/wrong system and how the current players will shine again with a right coach in the future...
But (I wanted to write on Alena's topic), young guy says that he will look at his mistakes and that he will try to improve and see what went wrong yesterday.
When was the last time you have read something like that from Messi, Neymar, Rakitic etc?
(Imagine Neymar saying: yes, I will sit down after this defeat. I will rewatch a lot of our matches and I will try to find out what is wrong in my individual game and in our team's game, and I will work hard both on my individual play, link up play with my teammates etc. We need to improve a lot and work on our individual game and teamplay). Lol
That part of their careers is gone.
We need 2-3-4 new Alenas, both in quality, in spark, in energy, in motivation, with their youth and still insane desire for football, devotion for a team, ability to learn, improve and listen (and not to think only about Ferrari's, 40M wages, snapchat, 100 of girls each Month etc).
If Alena will make it, one day in the future he will also lose the current spark, that's how it goes.
Then we won't be able to have 11 Alenas in our team, but again, 5-6 older Alenas with high skills and experience and some new 3-4-5 lions with fresh energy, motivation, spark, hunger, devotion for a team and football.

I tried to imagine one player in our current team who would actually go home after a match and who would try to think about a match, our mistakes and how to improve those mistakes.
Pique would maybe do that.
And I don't know, maybe Iniesta. (And maybe some youngster, like Denis or Mats). That's how I see it.

It's not that other players don't care about football/club. But those days are long gone when they cared about every match, about every mistake, when they were thinking all the time how to improve, how to get better.
Days when they weren't living their current Hollywood's lives...

I am repeating the same thing all the time, but we will need to lose a loooot of matches and play poorly for a lot of Months, in order for people to realize that it is not only about Lucho and a wrong system, but taht there is something about that motivational part with our players, who won waaaaaay to many trophies and who are just overburnt mentally (most of them for good).

On the other hand, guys like Alena won 0 La Ligas, 0 copas, 0 Champions leagues, 0 World cups.
Check the difference in spark/hunger/motivation/hunger...

Last edited:

NorthernVictory

My dear BBZ,

I understand where you're coming from regarding Tiki-taka, but I think you're making a category mistake of confusing strategy (tiki-taka) with tactics (contingent adjustments based on opposition strength, weather, time of day, pitch condition, opposition tactical shape, player form, player fatigue, individual roles, amount of pressure or lack thereof, depth of defensive line, and much more).

For me 'tiki-taka' can never die because it is not a tactic. It is a strategy, always involving triangular passing lanes, continuous (non-stop) off-the-ball movement, one-touch passing, high technical players, and the continuous dragging and pulling of the opponent's tactical shape by applying and switching areas of pressure (both defensive pressure, and offensive/spearhead pressure).

'Tiki-taka' is an abstract concept regarding the fundamental philosophy of a team. Of course, this philosophy may be at odds with a defensive, counterattacking strategy. But within a defensive, counterattacking strategy, there are still infinite tactical variations.

All the best.

serghei

I am repeating the same thing all the time, but we will need to lose a loooot of matches and play poorly for a lot of Months, in order for people to realize that it is not only about Lucho and a wrong system, but taht there is something about that motivational part with our players, who won waaaaaay to many trophies and who are just overburnt mentally (most of them for good).

On the other hand, guys like Alena won 0 La Ligas, 0 copas, 0 Champions leagues, 0 World cups.
Check the difference in spark/hunger/motivation/hunger...

It's too early to say that. People were saying we lacked motivation in Lucho's first season as well (after losing the clasico 3-1, losing to Celta, losing to Sociedad), and he found a way to turn that around and we won the treble looking pretty damn movitated from january until june.

As a manager you have to keep the motivation high at all costs. When you can't do that anymore, you leave. Because no team has ever won something without being extremely motivated to do so. As for the new players, it's tough for them, because the tactics are off and the game time is limited.

That is why we bought young players, because all of them, including Umtiti, are still developing. People who expect world class performances from 22-23 years old players who are rather new to this level of football are semi-delusional.

You want immediate amazing performances? Go buy players from Madrid, Bayern, PSG, Chelsea, City, Dortmund etc. If you can. And even if you magically buy world class players for 30m., you still have to have functional tactics and be motivated in order to win.

Last edited:

kilian

Even Messi himself said in that interview with Balague - organisation and compactness above talent. Everything starts from good organisation and a compact team.

Without that you can have any player you want, but it won`t work.

Home of Barca Fans