Luis Enrique

F

FlaFCB

Josep Maria Bartomeu: We will not talk to Luis Enrique until April

"Our desire is that Luis Enrique continues, but we've agreed with him that until April we will not talk about next season," he said

Josep Maria Bartomeu, FC Barcelona president, confirms that the board will not negotiate with Luis Enrique over a new contract until April, as the coach wants.
"Our desire is that Luis Enrique continues, but we've agreed with him that until April we will not talk about next season. There will be time to talk," he told beIN Sports.

The president also spoke about Suarez and Leo Messi's contract extensions. "We will announce it soon," he said of the Uruguayan's deal. "There are still some details to firm up and we will do it in time, we will announce that Luis Suarez will continue with the club."

Of Messi he added: "Leo is the best player in the world, there is no doubt. He's the best of all time. At 29 years he's at a great level and keeps improving. He has a year and a half left and there's time to talk about him continuing. We would like him to finish his career here at Barcelona. He's had great seasons here, he's having a great season and I think that he will keep doing it."

Devils

Sounds like Lucho gave his notice.

No concerns over Messi's renewal, it will happen. Messi and Suarez both renewing is good news.

F

FlaFCB

Licho to give Pique and MSN 11 days of holiday, as they all will spend it in south america, according to sport. Their last game this year is vs espanyol.

F

FlaFCB

He does that every year, because of the long flights. The other players get 8 days.

serghei

Good from Bartomeu to not start the renewing talk with Lucho now. We need to focus exclusively on our form. If Lucho wants to stay it doesn't matter if we talk to him in january, march or april. Same, if he is decided to leave it doesn't matter. It's not like we are renewing players who could receive crazy offers to leave on a free.

God Serena

Same scenario as with Tata Martino. Refusing to comment on discussions probably means Lucho is out. April can't come soon enough, I'm counting down the days.

Raketa10

I really hope he doesn't stay even if he wins la liga or champions league. We need new ideas and less stubbornness. Three years will be more than enough. We should thank him for everything this summer and go on without him. Also we should find replacement before the end of the season so a new manager can participate in summer market decisions.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Most coaches who'd work here are already snapped up though. Y'all want Jorge and we can flirt with him all we want but I doubt he'd jump ship this soon into his project. Tbh, I'd prefer a team like Sevilla to challenge us and Real more than Atletico.

Again, other candidates will only be in similar positions. I've always liked Martinez but he's with Belgium, Koeman would be alright here and he just joined Everton. Only name I can really think of is lol Rijkaard. Never understood why he didn't get a look at another big club after us, didn't he have a spell with Olymiakos or some random club like that?

Anyway, I'd at least give Lucho another season or two until as long as we keep La Liga and/or grab big ears. There's not enough reason to push him out if that happens.

Raketa10

Most coaches who'd work here are already snapped up though. Y'all want Jorge and we can flirt with him all we want but I doubt he'd jump ship this soon into his project. Tbh, I'd prefer a team like Sevilla to challenge us and Real more than Atletico.

Again, other candidates will only be in similar positions. I've always liked Martinez but he's with Belgium, Koeman would be alright here and he just joined Everton. Only name I can really think of is lol Rijkaard. Never understood why he didn't get a look at another big club after us, didn't he have a spell with Olymiakos or some random club like that?

Anyway, I'd at least give Lucho another season or two until as long as we keep La Liga and/or grab big ears. There's not enough reason to push him out if that happens.

Rijkaard? He hasn't coached anyone for 7 years. Be serious.
Only Sampaoli or Pochettino would be good in my opinion and maybe Koeman. I sincerely doubt Sampaoli would reject Barca if we come for him.

Last edited:
F

FlaFCB

Licho confirmed that Rakitic's been out for technical decision...
Also that MSN and Pique are on vacation, as they spend around one day in between flights.

Paco's chance to shine against Hercules.

Home of Barca Fans