Luis Enrique

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
It seem inevitable that he will be our new manager, especially since Valverde will be staying in Bilbao. Hopefully can suprise everyone and do very well.

I don't have high hopes on him, at least not right now... He's very close to the sacred cows in our squad and that's not a good thing, in this day we need a manager that makes it clear that he's in charge, therefore reducing the player's influence in big decisions... And to be honest I don't see Luis Enrique as that coach...

It pisses me off that the press is still clinging to some La Masia fantasy and are launching a full-on campaign to sign Luis Enrique...

Armando929

Hmmm... He does know the club. But I question if he's the type who will set everything straight and let it be known that HE and not the players are in charge.

We had that with Pep, but Pep is a charismatic guy and a great motivator.

Not sure if Luis Enrique will be WILLING or able to do that.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Why Enrique?
I would prefer Valverde or Jemez.

Because Zubi wants either him or Valverde and Ernesto is apparently not willing to leave Athletic Bilbao for us since he wants to lead them in the CL and build on the foundation he has laid.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
I was hoping for Klopp or Martinez but I do think Lucho is a great fit for the job. He understands the club, our youth system, and can immediately come in and demand respect. He'll tell people to fuck off need be. He really has Celta playing fantastic attacking football on a shoe-string budget.

Now if only the club can secure deals for both Laporte and Javi Martinez and we're ready for another run.

Paco Jemez is a great coach too but the Barcelona leader needs to know how to play the politics game and Lucho already knows that.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It's always a gamble to pick a new coach but Barca struck gold in 2008 when they hired pep so who knows.
I always liked him as a player (he was a real fighter) and I'd rather have someone who's familiar with Barca and it's problems. And Lucho faced difficulties with Barca as a player as most of his career here were our barren years.
If he's given autonomy to pick his players he'll do fine.

xavi_the_Boss

Club legend.

So just because of that we should be excited about him becoming our coach?
Well maybe it wouldn´t be bad as he knows the Club well and also the Players that he trained at the B Team like Montoya and Bartra and now Rafinha at Celta.

Home of Barca Fans