Luis Enrique

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
If Luis Enrique joins Bacelona, Sergi Roberto or B player Denis Suarez could join Celta on loan as a goodwill gesture. [fdv sport](barcastuff)

mobster_1930

I think Lucho could be great. Look at Simeone's record before Ath. Madrid, he had under 50% of victories in all of the teams he managed. He's got gut, leadership, intensity and charisma.

L

linetty

I think Lucho could be great. Look at Simeone's record before Ath. Madrid, he had under 50% of victories in all of the teams he managed. He's got gut, leadership, intensity and charisma.
and he wants Puyol to be his assistant!

hardyboy

I'm not too sure about the decision of appointing him but if we appoint him it should be long term even if he fails in his first year. It is not good for the club to change managers every year. Also i'm not in favour of sacking Tata. He was pretty decent and will improve if we give him time.

Last edited:

Irish_Cules

He has the chance to take the title away from Real and give Barca a chance to win it. What a way it would be for him to come in as Barca coach next season.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Just read all the rumors about him wanting Puyi as his assistant! Even more reason to try and sign him on.

My first choice was Frank de Boer, mainly because he shows he can handle the tactical side of the game but Luis was always a close second for me. What he might lack in tactical prowess, I think he makes up for with His talents as a motivator and a player developer. His work with Rafinha has been mighty impressive and particularly if he gives Rafinha the chance to do his thing here at Barca next season, the move makes a lot of sense.

Most importantly, I think one of the biggest reasons why he appointed Puyol is because like Enrique, Puyol is a fitness fanatic. With those two "running" the squad, we will be sharper, hungrier and more fit later on in the season. With Luis and Puyol, they will put our players through the grinder in the preseason and I think a coach who favors fitness and sharpness on the field is precisely what we need when we consider how little we have of it now.

Add in his fiery personality, his energy and passion and his past experience with the club and you have a lot of qualities in a manager that would suit this specific squad well. Particularly if he can improve Bartra and Montoya the way he has improved Rafinha, and his experience coaching some of our younger players with the B team, once the transfer ban hits, he will have a lot of knowledge about our youth players that may prove invaluable during that ban.

Enrique, MaTS, Laporte and Martinez and I'd be a lot more confident about our chances of competing next season.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
The Lucho-Puyol partnership would nullify the authority problem at the very least, two vocal club legends are definitely going to be listened to.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
And with Victor & Carles leaving the playing squad, there will be a significant leadership gulf that will need to be replenished...Plus, for me, that leadership won't be found among the current squad

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Official : Zubizaretta with his entire team is at the moment visiting Luis Enrique. They are still there at the meeting.

Bm33p_gCIAAcd_P.jpg:large

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Maybe they are discussing transfer plans with him. Hopefully they are and hopefully there are good ones.

Home of Barca Fans