Luis Enrique

Frodo_FCB

He must be really a hated person in Madrid right? It is like Figo the cunt, becomes manager of RM and wins the treble with them.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
good points 6 ballons. And I'd like to add our incredible defensive structure, which has made us the most stingy team in all of Europe. We basically almost never concede goals anymore!
Not to take anything away from Lucho, but I think Unzue deserves a lot of credit for that one and probably several other things too.

Xtroverto

Still won't comment on his future.. Anyone get the feeling he might walk?

He has won the treble, now it is time for him to sit down with the board and negotiate several things, a new salary (4 million is not a treble winning manager salary), more influence in signings, more control over the squad (kicking out players he doesn't want), a say in how the per-season is planned regarding training tours, etc.

It is all about changing his own status now that he is a treble winning manager.

Bran the Greenseer

I hate when people bring up that Lucho had help like if every other coach in the history of the world never had help. Pep didn't sign Messi Xavi or Iniesta nor did he promote them. Just like how Lucho got help in being able to choose better transfers while Pep got shit for the most part.

mssarm

Not to take anything away from Lucho, but I think Unzue deserves a lot of credit for that one and probably several other things too.
Not only Unzue but all other members of Lucho's team made amazing job this year. Just look at the fitness level of Barca this year and compare it to last year. How they managed to keep the team almost injury free. Lucho was able to get really talented support team. Let's see if he stays and brings Nadal as sporting manager, because he doesn't like Braida.

Drexl

He must be really a hated person in Madrid right? It is like Figo the cunt, becomes manager of RM and wins the treble with them.

They have one massive butthurt, look what they say and write all around the net. :lucho:

I love when those fascists moan and complain so bad. :xavi:

Eetu

Adormit
He has won the treble, now it is time for him to sit down with the board and negotiate several things, a new salary (4 million is not a treble winning manager salary), more influence in signings, more control over the squad (kicking out players he doesn't want), a say in how the per-season is planned regarding training tours, etc.

It is all about changing his own status now that he is a treble winning manager.

And there's the problem. No point in negotiating anything but financials with the current board.

khaled_a_d

You can never really know the role of assistants in the management tbh
Most ex-Barca coach always gives huge credit to their assistant but you can never know if it is true or just a complement
Rijkaard always praised Henk ten Cate ,Pep praised Tito and Lucho praises Unzue

i_bleed_blaugrana

After the elections it it wll be either Lucho's way or the highway, some people on the current board need a good :spank:

I have a hard time seeing Laporta not winning this election and he will do precisely that for Lucho, I'm sure. He gave Rijkaard and Pep plenty of say and control over the squad and I don't think he'd hesitate to do the same with Lucho now that he has proven his worth.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I don't see an insult in saying that Lucho had some dependence on Unzue. What Lucho brought here with him was his entire coaching system, there was a lot of deliberation in his setup. Guys like Unzue (set pieces, tactics) Rafael Pol (fitness) and whoever the GK coach is have all played a big role in perfecting our season and they are an extension of Lucho's success formula. It wasn't just luck that he brought those guys here.

You all remember when he first arrived and there was suddenly a huge new emphasis on coaching precision with the GPS trackers, new training regimes, etc.? He'd reach the sports center early every day and work to prepare us for the season. He organized that great team bonding/training trip to that Birmingham facility as well. I even remember him requesting a tall scaffolding type structure to watch trainings from a higher vantage point :lol:. He also had two additional coaches view matches from higher vantage points to help with tactical analysis.

Lucho doesn't need to be a completely brilliant individual if he can lead a coaching system with that level of comprehensiveness. He's resourceful, and that's been one of his biggest tools in getting us to where we are now.

Home of Barca Fans