Luis Enrique

xXKonan

Luis Enrique: "I don't think deeper into the subject of Pedro. I understand the criticism, I do my work and nothing more"

Luis Enrique: "Rafinha replaced Neymar? Pedro didn't finish training due to calf muscle problem two days ago, and we all know his situation"

Luis Enrique: "Team relaxed at 4-1? Sevilla didn't have anything to lose anymore... Should analyze it more, but can't forget Sevilla's game."

Science Kid

Probably shut the door on Pedro forever...terrible move not to start him,considering his situation especially since Neymar was unavailable.

Nothing against Rafinha,the guy played a good match but still.

Even if Pedro was still considering to stay and his interview after the match insinuates that,this will probably be the final blow.

F

Flavia

Well, if Enrique manages to keep Barça fighting for la liga by December, he's a miracle worker.
I might be over-analyzing and pessimistic about it, but this season is looking like the one when the transfer ban will really hurt us.

The left side looks really weak. Verm, Mathieu and Adriano will have to step up their games, or Alba will need to become injury-free.
Also the midfield... it's so thin now. Iniesta has been showing consistency problems for a while. Rakitic also needs care with his fitness. There's no Xavi as super-sub anymore. Now we have Roberto. Or Rafinha, if MSN stay injury-free and he doesn't have to play upfront. Pedro leaving will really hurt us. Not sure if Sandro or Munir will be able to fill his shoes.

Hopefully I'm wrong about all this.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Well, if Enrique manages to keep Barça fighting for la liga by December, he's a miracle worker.
I might be over-analyzing and pessimistic about it, but this season is looking like the one when the transfer ban will really hurt us.

The left side looks really weak. Verm, Mathieu and Adriano will have to step up their games, or Alba will need to become injury-free.
Also the midfield... it's so thin now. Iniesta has been showing consistency problems for a while. Rakitic also needs care with his fitness. There's no Xavi as super-sub anymore. Now we have Roberto. Or Rafinha, if MSN stay injury-free and he doesn't have to play upfront. Pedro leaving will really hurt us. Not sure if Sandro or Munir will be able to fill his shoes.

It seems like the double pivot is still an option.

raki

I share your feelings. Pedro departure is very bad. It´s frightening the depth of midfield. Rafinha is good but Roberto can only be used at home against average teams.

BerkeleyBernie

Luis Enrique: "Rafinha replaced Neymar? Pedro didn't finish training due to calf muscle problem two days ago, and we all know his situation"

Don't know if you all caught it in your game feeds, but they had a shot of Pedro standing on the touch line having his lower calves taped (above the ankles) just before coming on.

Bran the Greenseer

Don't know if you all caught it in your game feeds, but they had a shot of Pedro standing on the touch line having his lower calves taped (above the ankles) just before coming on.

Yeah I saw that, i'd like to think Pedro would have started had he been fully fit. Knowing Lucho though I could have seen him using this as an opportunity to elevate Rafinha anyway.

Thanks to this match though, Pedro's value has surely gone up idrc about the transfer fee but I hope this shows that he deserves respect and playing time if he really does go man utd or wherever.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I criticized Lucho for his Bartra sub but his decision to start Rafa instead of Pedro turned out to be correct imo. Rafinha had a solid game and scored his goal. Pedro came on and managed to win this crazy game for us.
Pedro's possible transfer should have no influence on Lucho's decision who to pick to play. Especially in such an important game.

BarcaJack

Don't worry too much. Injury problems are just a matter of luck. I think I've seen a much thinner squad during one of Ronaldinho's seasons. And Messi-Villa-Pedro almost played the entire season in 2010-2011.

i_bleed_blaugrana

I think if we are either in first or 1 to 2 games out of first by January, the job is done. The flip side of this ban is exactly the situation with Suarez last year. Having possibly 3 to 4 players fresh and ready to go at the business end of the season really will be a big boost and advantage later on.

The only way we aren't at least in the running come January is if two of the trio go down long term.

My biggest gripe is just we seem to be shipping off both Adama and Halilovic when at least one of them could have at least been available should anything happen before January, especially since we can do loans then. I suppose Lucho doesn't rate them high enough but its just really risky to sell off Pedro and not have at least someone who can play his position naturally in the team. Rafinha is and was excellent last night but he is much better through the center and its his natural position.

I think especially Adama would have some joy in how free the front three is in Lucho's system but that's just me.

Also, I am starting to see why Lucho wants Abdennour. Bartra is not doing himself any favors this preseason while at the very least with Mascherano as his supporting CB, Mathieu as a LB doesn't work out. Vermalen always has and always will be a waste of a transfer, so I don't even consider him.

With Abdennour at least, Lucho could truly experiment with 3 back systems. Pique-Abdennour-Mathieu would be a good trio.

BBZ8800

With Abdennour at least, Lucho could truly experiment with 3 back systems. Pique-Abdennour-Mathieu would be a good trio.

We should change the system only if the current one doesn't work anymore.
Or if we are plagued with injuries.

I personally don't see what would we "earn" from a system with 3 at the back?
343? Who is the 4th midfielder then?
Where will Alves and Alba play then?
If you play 3 CBs plus Alves and Alba, that means that one out of MSN or Busi-Rakitic-Iniesta needs to go out.
That is basically ruining everything that turned our team into an unstoppable machine last Season...

And in the end, what are the benefits of a system with 3 CBs?
What exactly are we getting compared to the current system?
(A more solid defense, when in the last Season we had one of the best defenses in Europe?)

Anyway, I hope that Lucho won't change the system.
The system is the main reason for 90% of wins since Sociedad's match till today.

Home of Barca Fans