Luis Suárez

Xaviniesta

i remember in 2008 when pep told ronaldinho, deco, zambrotta, and eto'o that they weren't part of his plans, but the players begged pep to keep eto'o and he eventually did after eto'o had a great preseason. then eto'o went clutch mode and had his best season because he was that type of player that had the winner's mentality to prove people wrong. can't believe pep sold him after :shakeshead:

anyways, what are the chances this donkey version of suarez does anything close to that after the amigos beg koeman to keep him? :lol:

Givenchy

i remember in 2008 when pep told ronaldinho, deco, zambrotta, and eto'o that they weren't part of his plans, but the players begged pep to keep eto'o and he eventually did after eto'o had a great preseason. then eto'o went clutch mode and had his best season because he was that type of player that had the winner's mentality to prove people wrong. can't believe pep sold him after :shakeshead:

anyways, what are the chances this donkey version of suarez does anything close to that after the amigos beg koeman to keep him? :lol:

chances are 0%

Suarez' main problem is hes done physically

Wambo

I still don't understand how the club always ends up buying strikers who end up not being a long term project or fail after 3 seasons.
Zlatan - 1 season, Villa - 3 seasons, Sanchez - 3 seasons, Neymar - disappeared after 3rd season, Suarez -disappeared after 2nd/3rd season, Dembele/Coutinho/Griezmann = flop signings

When was the last time we had a striker like Lewandowski who has been consistent for 6 years now at Bayern?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I still don't understand how the club always ends up buying strikers who end up not being a long term project or fail after 3 seasons.
Zlatan - 1 season, Villa - 3 seasons, Sanchez - 3 seasons, Neymar - disappeared after 3rd season, Suarez -disappeared after 2nd/3rd season, Dembele/Coutinho/Griezmann = flop signings

When was the last time we had a striker like Lewandowski who has been consistent for 6 years now at Bayern?

Samu.

9ec03e4304bd02b0c0626ec6379a7ed0

Devils

This is what they will be trying to do with Lautaro.

Except hthey are banking on him to 'develop' into a longterm killer striker. Which is a big gamble.

FCMessi

An insult on the pet is an insult on the owner.

Coleman should have heeded Messi's gravity and at least talked to the pet in its face

malvolio

i think they actually realized the fact we should maximize suarez's and messi's potential. but they fucked up spectacularly in getting the right players - arda turan, andre gomes, paulinho, dembele, malcom, griezmann, coutinho, alcacer, braithwaite, boateng.

all those should have brought attacking flair, creativity and/or competition in attack.

serghei

In before Messi makes Suarez his personal fitness trainer and he remains connected to the team. Anto and Sofia remain close friends... :lol:

Judoman

if we terminate his contract.. can we do the same with Umtiti and Raki next?

Suarez IS a club legend for me. love him or hate him, the best ST of his generation. Lewa gets recency bias but that season Suarez almost won Liverpool the PL he could of won a ballon d'or for that

The fact that we are just giving away or loaning out our expensive players is one more reason why board ppl should be gone ASAP.

Suarez is a legend and he was richly rewarded for his services. He should be gone, especially due to his annoying and toxic behaviour towards younger players.

I would like to see same standards apply towards HG players.

Neymessi

Lol. Fuck y'all saying he is barely a club legend and a 1 min call to say tata is not that bad.

I think people forget how bad we were back then. Neymar and Messi were there for one season and couldn't do shit and it was only when he arrived that the tables turned.

What he brought to the table in our treble season was exemplary with his work rate and skills. If he hadn't started that season late he would have come 3rd in Bdor race surpassing Neymar in goals and Neymar was scoring a lot back then. Not to mention he was playmaking and giving assists like crazy. People forgot how big Messidependencia was back then with Sanchez etc and how much the creative prowess lacked even with Neymar. If not for Suarez we for sure wouldn't have witnessed that short period of rise around 15. He brought the much needed warrior mentality that we used to lack and he gave his all in efforts and was a big game player. Had he not arrived here Messi and Neymar would have won some leagues here and there and nothing really special would have ever happened. The fact that he had Messi, Neymar, Iniesta etc shouldn't undermine his contribtions. Iniesta was far from his peak by then and so were Xavi and Busquets, he was hands down the 2nd best player after Messi in the treble season in terms on playmaking and chances created and Messi alone wasn't able to do much in the few seasons before which Suarez changed.

"Barely a Barca legend" ffs

Messi983

if we terminate his contract.. can we do the same with Umtiti and Raki next?

Raki yes, Umtiti not with 3 years still left on his contract would probably be too expensive.

Our best bet with him is convince him to go on loan (while we cover part of his wages) and hopefully he stays fit and does well so we can sell him next year. Good thing with him is he was cheap and he's almost fully amortised so even if we sell him for let's say 5-10m we wouldn't have a loss on him.

Home of Barca Fans