Luis Suárez

Tackle

No chance that happens.

Barca have failed with him already and wont back down.

Easy to act all high and mighty now, but if we're really struggling in the first few games, cannot find goals and clearly seem to lack a presence in the box Koeman will have no other choice than to give Suarez another look.

Desperation humbles people.

JamDav1982

Easy to act all high and mighty now, but if we're really struggling in the first few games, cannot find goals and clearly seem to lack a presence in the box Koeman will have no other choice than to give Suarez another look.

Desperation humbles people.

If he has been told time is up that wont change and Barca will not struggle to the point they need him back.

Should not even be training with first team.

Suarez will never play for Barca again whether he agrees to go or not. Barca got worse when he came back from injury and were worse just before it as well.

wisconsincule

Reading Reddit about this guy is geeking me out.

People are going on and on about how poorly he is being treated and how he is still a top top striker.

Do these people watch our matches?!?!? Fucking muppets.

KingLeo10

We'll sink like the Titanic.

:valverde:

clemente

Would love if he got his contract terminated, that would send some message at least, shame that people will remember this as "mistrated legend" isntead of how shit and toxic he was that club had to take a 30m L to get rid of him.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Reading Reddit about this guy is geeking me out.

People are going on and on about how poorly he is being treated and how he is still a top top striker.

Do these people watch our matches?!?!? Fucking muppets.

Classic r/Barca. In the same thread that they are discussing Suarez over there someone asked if Busquets should stay or leave and someone answered with this, “ Stay. He's still our best midfielder and nobody offers the same as him - plus, he's not on extremely lucrative wages compared to Frenkie, Su?rez or Griezmann. “

Imagine that. Actual Barca fans that genuinely believe that Busi is still our best midfielder.

BBZ8800

Wait, we're behind Juventus?

:lol: 2-7 in CL finals. Perennial jokers full of geezers like us?

And Bayern are even with us at best. Only RM is clearly better...

You can check CL after 2012.
Number of semis for RM, Bayern, Juve, Barca.

Yet we had Messi in all these years.
Plus Xavi, Iniesta, Busi.

When you remove once in a lifetime Pep's era and young Messi, on larger samples in Europe, Barca is behind those clubs.

13: Bay, Bor, Barca, Real
14: Real, Atl, Bay, Chelsea
15: Bar, Juv, Real, Bay
16: Real, Atl, City, Bay
17: Real, Juv, Atl, Mon
18: Real, Liv, Bay, Roma
19: Liv, Tott, Bar, Ajax
20: Bay, Psg, Red Bull, Lyon

Titles:
4 Real
2 Bayern
1 Barca, Liverpool

Finals:
4 Real
2 Bayern (3 since 2011)
2 Atletico
2 Juventus
1 Barca, Liv, Tott, Psg, Borussia

Semis:
6 Real, Bayern
3 Barca, Atletico
2 Juventus, Liverpool

So, even in these few factors, we are around 3rd, 4th or 5th place in total over the last 8 years.

Yet, Juve was in Serie B back then.
Epl teams weren't as rich back then.
Liverpool has surpassed us currently.

You guys act as if only Barca and Real are a tier 1.
Those days are gone.
Our reality will be a rank around the 5th place in the future, roughly.

Just like before Pep.

KingLeo10

So you took the best period for Bayern and RM (since 1970s and 50s) but excluded our best period?

Yeah, I'm not wasting time on this.

:lol:

Sterlingfan2000

I thought about it. He doesn't deserve a termination , it's disrespectful, we are not Madrid

On the other hand I read on MD that we are only terminating his contract because of his bad influence in younger players. ( Whatever this shit means )

SG-7

I thought about it. He doesn't deserve a termination , it's disrespectful, we are not Madrid

On the other hand I read on MD that we are only terminating his contract because of his bad influence in younger players. ( Whatever this shit means )

Could be just an excuse to terminate his contract lol. In the end, whats worse? The fact that he doesn't want to leave and stay to potentially fuck the club more (financially and on the field) or being disrespectful by terminating his contract.

The club has told him they no longer want him. It's upto him now to either say; ill stay as a super-sub on reduced wages or ill exit gracefully.

Devils

Real Madrid are also far more successful than we are.

Perhaps their unwillingness to accept players who are not good enough anymore and cutting them out of the club is something we should do more often to keep our winning cycles going.

zanela

I could accept his departure even begrudgingly if there was a competent striker lined-up. But the rumored name makes me want him to stay as a rotational option.
Blame his troubles to poor coaching (tactics, fitness) and complacency. He would still be an asset to any club that can rectify the aforementioned issues.
It's not the first time and won't be the last that a high-profile Barca player (he lacks the longevity for me to call him a legend), has unceremoniously been asked to leave. Unlike canteranos whose affiliations with Barca run deep, the foreign players are mere club employees who will look to act in their rightful interest, as they should.

Birdy

You guys should stop using the word humiliation in every post.

These last few years looked like a humiliation if you are comparing it to Pep's days.

But long term, that will be a normal Barca.

Remember that before Messi, Barca had 2 titles ever.
And we waited for 14 years between 1992 and 2006.

This word humiliation sounds as if something extraordinary happened.

You guys should get used to 3:0 and 4:0 defeats every season in quarters and semis.

We will be one of top 5-8 clubs in the world, equal to other teams.

Except that on a higher level as a club, we will always be behing more organized clubs like Bayern, Real or Juventus.
Barca was and always will be more emotional, more political, more chaotic, more hot and cold than those big clubs.

So when you sum up: no Messi, no luck from La Masia and just a bunch of chaotic presidents and board members = then a 3:0 defeat against Juve or Roma won't be chatastrophic but just another regular Barca's season.

This argument has been showed to be wrong time and time again, but you insist on it.

No, it's not, no matter how many times you sit down to type it.

Humiliation has a very specific connotation. Look it up in the dictionary.
2-8 is a humiliation.
Surrendering a 4-1 and 3-0 advantage by losing 3-0 and 4-0 in the second leg is a humiliation.

And Ernie was behind two of them, as much as you would like to erase that fact.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Lol. Fuck y'all saying he is barely a club legend and a 1 min call to say tata is not that bad.

I think people forget how bad we were back then. Neymar and Messi were there for one season and couldn't do shit and it was only when he arrived that the tables turned.

What he brought to the table in our treble season was exemplary with his work rate and skills. If he hadn't started that season late he would have come 3rd in Bdor race surpassing Neymar in goals and Neymar was scoring a lot back then. Not to mention he was playmaking and giving assists like crazy. People forgot how big Messidependencia was back then with Sanchez etc and how much the creative prowess lacked even with Neymar. If not for Suarez we for sure wouldn't have witnessed that short period of rise around 15. He brought the much needed warrior mentality that we used to lack and he gave his all in efforts and was a big game player. Had he not arrived here Messi and Neymar would have won some leagues here and there and nothing really special would have ever happened. The fact that he had Messi, Neymar, Iniesta etc shouldn't undermine his contribtions. Iniesta was far from his peak by then and so were Xavi and Busquets, he was hands down the 2nd best player after Messi in the treble season in terms on playmaking and chances created and Messi alone wasn't able to do much in the few seasons before which Suarez changed.

"Barely a Barca legend" ffs

I paraphrase "warrior mentality for a short burst equating to less than 2 seasons" & "He's so good that messi wouldn't have anything of note without him".
Just FYi that's total fucking bullshit. He's barely a fucking legend for this club and no revolutionist history or hypothesis will say otherwise. You seem to severely underrate messi and severely over rate suarez. Also Suarez a big game player? good one maybe back in 2015.

Home of Barca Fans