Luis Suárez

Gnidrologist

You guys should stop using the word humiliation in every post.

These last few years looked like a humiliation if you are comparing it to Pep's days.

But long term, that will be a normal Barca.

Remember that before Messi, Barca had 2 titles ever.
And we waited for 14 years between 1992 and 2006.

This word humiliation sounds as if something extraordinary happened.

You guys should get used to 3:0 and 4:0 defeats every season in quarters and semis.

We will be one of top 5-8 clubs in the world, equal to other teams.

Except that on a higher level as a club, we will always be behing more organized clubs like Bayern, Real or Juventus.
Barca was and always will be more emotional, more political, more chaotic, more hot and cold than those big clubs.

So when you sum up: no Messi, no luck from La Masia and just a bunch of chaotic presidents and board members = then a 3:0 defeat against Juve or Roma won't be chatastrophic but just another regular Barca's season.
Your post factum exoneration of your utterly retarded previous posts/opinions about our lineups and tactical calls that were 100% in line with these humiliations just confirms your stupidity. Will watch what song you'll sing when Barca will have a good patch again. I will remember this post and shove it in your dumb mouth then so you couldn't sing another song how you knew it all along, cunt.

Last edited:

Messigician

If he stays there will be no "sitting him in the stands" or "super sub" rubbish I keep reading about. He will return to the first XI after a month as a deserved mainstay after the Griezmann CF and Messi F9 projects fail miserably.

Koeman will come back to him on his knees.

This

Ritchie

I still don't understand how the club always ends up buying strikers who end up not being a long term project or fail after 3 seasons.
Zlatan - 1 season, Villa - 3 seasons, Sanchez - 3 seasons, Neymar - disappeared after 3rd season, Suarez -disappeared after 2nd/3rd season, Dembele/Coutinho/Griezmann = flop signings

When was the last time we had a striker like Lewandowski who has been consistent for 6 years now at Bayern?

Romario and Ronaldo (two of the best strikers we ever had) lasted a year each.

Why do you think the fat prick is 3rd in the all time scorers list? Real have Ronaldo, Raul and Benzema who've scored a lot more for Real post 2000.

Strikers don't tend to last long here. Suarez is high on the all time appearance list for Barcelona. Rodriguez and Messi the only forwards with more games and they're the ones with more goals.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

BBZ standard losses.. lol

Exactly why we need to change this team. I don't see other teams crashing out from CL every year with 3-0, 4-0, 8-2 losses. We need to set higher standards than accept this as a standard.. Our aim is to be the best. We don't settle being the eight or fifth best.

Terrible argument.

malvolio

Romario and Ronaldo (two of the best strikers we ever had) lasted a year each.

Why do you think the fat prick is 3rd in the all time scorers list? Real have Ronaldo, Raul and Benzema who've scored a lot more for Real post 2000.

Strikers don't tend to last long here. Suarez is high on the all time appearance list for Barcelona. Rodriguez and Messi the only forwards with more games and they're the ones with more goals.

So what? We could use this bullshit reasoning with just about every player that played here. Maybe if we would have got Beckham instead of Ronaldinho it would have been the same in terms of trophies. Or if we would have got Cristiano Ronaldo he would have scored just as much as Messi, over the same period.

Neymessi

You guys should stop using the word humiliation in every post.

These last few years looked like a humiliation if you are comparing it to Pep's days.

But long term, that will be a normal Barca.

Remember that before Messi, Barca had 2 titles ever.
And we waited for 14 years between 1992 and 2006.

This word humiliation sounds as if something extraordinary happened.

You guys should get used to 3:0 and 4:0 defeats every season in quarters and semis.

We will be one of top 5-8 clubs in the world, equal to other teams.

Except that on a higher level as a club, we will always be behing more organized clubs like Bayern, Real or Juventus.
Barca was and always will be more emotional, more political, more chaotic, more hot and cold than those big clubs.

So when you sum up: no Messi, no luck from La Masia and just a bunch of chaotic presidents and board members = then a 3:0 defeat against Juve or Roma won't be chatastrophic but just another regular Barca's season.

Oh god, apologists still exist for this mess haha.

This is a perfect summary of our mentality that has been promoting mediocrity and complacency in our club. What an absolute disgrace of a post.

Neymessi

I paraphrase "warrior mentality for a short burst equating to less than 2 seasons" & "He's so good that messi wouldn't have anything of note without him".
Just FYi that's total fucking bullshit. He's barely a fucking legend for this club and no revolutionist history or hypothesis will say otherwise. You seem to severely underrate messi and severely over rate suarez. Also Suarez a big game player? good one maybe back in 2015.

I think you should go have a look how we were performing before Suarez arrived and the impact he made for the next 2 years in the team. I spelled it out in my last post but you need to go check for yourself.

Also this isn't underrating Messi. He was a great player but the team sucked as a team and in results which Suarez changed. If Messi's quality alone was enough he would have had at least one international trophy.

JohnN

I think you should go have a look how we were performing before Suarez arrived and the impact he made for the next 2 years in the team. I spelled it out in my last post but you need to go check for yourself.

Also this isn't underrating Messi. He was a great player but the team sucked as a team and in results which Suarez changed. If Messi's quality alone was enough he would have had at least one international trophy.

Messi's quality wasn't enough for International Level even in 2010, where he was an alien. No player can have that impact among 11, it's impossible.

malvolio

no other player had greater chemistry with messi than suarez. dani alves and alba have it, but not at that level. and i truly believe the likes of Lewandowski, Benzema or Aguero wouldn't have been so effective alongside Messi.

messi needs a striker in front of him that does the dirty work, bullies defenders, creates space and plays one-twos.

Ritchie

So what? We could use this bullshit reasoning with just about every player that played here. Maybe if we would have got Beckham instead of Ronaldinho it would have been the same in terms of trophies. Or if we would have got Cristiano Ronaldo he would have scored just as much as Messi, over the same period.

The point is all he's really got going for him here in terms of stats is longevity. He's been middling to poor half the time he's been here but played every game by default.

His 15-16 season will go down as a legendary season in terms of his numbers and level that year and he played his part in the treble season. Beyond that though he won't be remembered fondly.

His last two seasons he scored 46 goals over the two seasons. As a striker with Messi regularly setting you up that's not great but his overall game was absolutely atrocious anyway.

messi needs a striker in front of him that does the dirty work, bullies defenders, creates space and plays one-twos.

Suarez stopped doing that though.

serghei

I see now Bayern are the hot-shot model. Weren't they called FC Hollywood in the 90s due to their frequent scandals in the team that made tabloid pages weekly?

Every top team has good periods, great periods, bad periods, terrible periods.

fergus90

Suarez only redeeming qualities are his goals these days, yes he's still capable at times to be effective linking up with Messi but as time has gone on that has also deteriorated. There have been many, many games where Messi and Suarez have been ineffective together in the last 18 months too. The reality is they're both 33, no coach, no change of formation can change their physical capabilities.

Suarez in a Larsson type role would be good and gives the chance for a new striker to settle in, but he's a massive earner who will not, despite what he claims accept that.

The main issue here and understandably for a lot of people is, there is no able replacement right now.

Home of Barca Fans