Man of the Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

abual3bed1

vs Sevilla

Dani Alves: His best game this season. Most crosses were accurate, or at least weren't moon balls.
Song: Very good display by Songito, kept the midfield flowing and had some excellent defensive interceptions.
Tello: Came on to change the face of the game. Good assist and could've bagged a goal with it.

Iniesta was excellent too, but those guys were more decisive.

BerkeleyBernie

1. Villa- when he was moved to play center front, his runs dragged and opened up the defense (unlike Messi's static CF play)
2. Thiago- along with Iniesta, provided the attacking thrust through most of the game. Would have liked to see him shoot a few when he had the chance.
3. Mascherano- a few key track-backs/block/tackles on Sevilla counters, preventing late equalizers

Mentions:
Tello- clear he can be dangerous using the wide position in a way that Sanchez currently can't.
Iniesta- attacking thrust with Thiago
Alves- good day for him, and cross to Villa was dead-on

Most players had a solid day.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Dani Alves - Didn't let anything past him on that side of the pitch and assisted Villa's goal with a perfect cross. Quiet in offense in the first half but balanced and decisive in the second. Prevented a Rakitic(?) goal in the second half as he was the only player who managed to close him down in the area. Can't really be blamed for the goal as he's much, much shorter than Botía.
Pique - the more solid of the central defenders. He didn't have that much to do, but crucially did what he was supposed to do when Sevilla attacked, but he had little support.
Villa - Completely invisible in the first half but showed good movement and scored a goal after being played centrally.

Some mentions:
Thiago - secure but lacked a gear, didn't create too much. Some good skill.
Alexis - hassled Sevilla in the first half, winning the ball several times. Won a freekick in a dangerous position. Only for Messi to miss. Unlucky to be substituted.
Iniesta - did pretty well, especially in the first half. Should've perhaps have done better when he had the chance to score.
Messi - scored but was horrible in the first half, losing the ball time and time again, playing impossible passes and missing freekicks. Slightly better towards the end of the game.
Tello - great assist for Messi, but should've done better when he had chances to score

ShandyFFM

vs. Sevilla:

Iniesta
Villa
Dani Alves

special mentions: Alexis (I'd rather liked him to play a little longer and bring Busi earlier), Montoya with a solid game, Messi for doing the usual and Busquets for bringing quality with the second he came to the pitch. (which leads me to the question why you can't get busquets jerseys here)

?? what do you mean cant get them.. i have one... in germany

barcanuck

1. Dani Alves - was a threat all day long when he actually had a forward to cross to and a left back who hung back on defense. Endless energy from Dani!
2. Tello - his speed and drive were inspired. He beat defenders with his one trick pony move, he passed, he tried to shoot, he did everything a winger should.
3. Thiago - the boy really needed to come in for a slow Cesc during the Milan game, his quick feet cause alot of scramble in the defense and all day he was pulling strings.

aki13

1. Alves - Had a great day on the whole.
2. Tello - Came on and lifted the whole team, showing the management why he should play v Milan and maybe Madrid. He is lightening
3. Song - I thought he played really well. He is quickly becoming set in the Barca style, while bringing his own take on it.

Other mentions:

Iniesta - Was typically good.
Messi & Villa - Both scored after poor first halves

mixer

Tello - Came on and lifted the whole team, showing the management why he should play v Milan and maybe Madrid. He is lightening
Tello is a very good player, but I think he's no experienced yet enough to play against Madrid. I remember his last game against RM and it wasn't so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans