Man of the Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mixer

Alves - a little bit off in the 2nd half but what a game generally
Thiago - very good passing, nice game
Pinto - finally kept the clean sheet. 10 times better than valdes without a doubt

Special mention: Messi ofcoz(came for 30 minutes, did a lot of work to help the team and was dangerous. also really sick goal! :coffee:) / and Puyol - very strong defensively, the real capita

abual3bed1

Alves: Being everywhere, effectively. Could've had more than just 1 assist.
Alexis: Finally a good game for el nino maravilla. Had some great 1st touches and passes. That assist was excellent.
Puyol: For being the captain that he is.

Mentions go for Thiago, who had a great 25 minutes then somehow disappeared. Leo to finish off the game and Pinto for the long waited clean sheet although he had no hand in it.

aki13

1. Puyol - If only he could play until hes 50. He is a wall and so passionate. He is Barca
2. Thiago - Made some errors but is such a natural ball player. He is the future and needs more playing time.
3. Sanchez - He looked so lively in the first half, back to more like the player we knew last year. Got the vital first goal

Other mentions: Messi - Some great passes and that great goal & alves did OK too.

Cule Finn

Alves - He looked like the Dani from couple of years back. Owned that right flank.
Puyol - Leading with example, just as a captain should.
Alexis - For the goal and the assist.

Last edited:

Trickykid

Alexis
Puyol
Masch

I could probably have fitted Dani in there instead of Masch, but even though he had a good game, I feel he should've done more with all the space and time Depor allowed him.

Trickykid

The Official Barcaforum.com MoM-thread award
La Liga, Deportivo, home (2-0)

1. Puyol (32,9%) An absolute rock at the back, defended brilliantly and left Deportivo looking for even a single chance. Phenomenal performance ~ Semi-Neutral
2. Alves (29,6%) had a fabulous first half capped off with the pass to Fabregas chance and the assist. Didn't create as much in the second but was dangerous and very solid defensively, making several great tackles. A tad careless at times. ~ Deco 20
3. Alexis (26,3%) He looked so lively in the first half, back to more like the player we knew last year. Got the vital first goal ~ aki13

212isur.jpg

I would've liked to update the points/min chart, but the source I use for keeping track of minutes played (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012–13_FC_Barcelona_season#Player_statistics) hasn't been updated for a while now. Unless I find a similar one, I'll have to wait until someone decides to update it again.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Man of the match? Barcelona.

Everyone fought and played so well today that they are all deserve man of the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans