Man of the Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doobs

The Messiah
Xavi
Iniesta
THE GOAT

Special Mention: Busi. As always he's forgotten. You know he did his job well then. A silent guardian. A Dark Knight.

Last edited:
Messi: Led the comeback with 2 great goals, got a few other chances, created a few as well, including Alba's clincher.
Villa: Scored the winner, got a few other chances as well. Also offered a goalscoring threat up front, taking the pressure off Messi. The difference between the first leg and the second leg.
Iniesta: Some nice dribbles, assisted the tie equalizer.

Special mention: The team, for pulling off the epic comeback and showing everyone why they are known as the best team in the world.

Last edited:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
If I could I'd give this to the whole team, but there were 4-5 players who really stood out.

Messi - Two superb goals and a constant menace
Iniesta - had a threatening shot, did a lot of work for the second goal, won the ball all the time, dribbled dangerously and played a part in Villa's goal too.

This is where it really gets tricky... Any out of Busquets, Xavi and Villa could take the third spot, and Alba should be mentioned too; but in the end I'll have to go with
Villa - as he scored the crucial 3:rd goal and contributed in giving Messi space.

Leaving Xavi out of this list is physically hurting me, I'm itching to put his name at third

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans