Man of the Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pawanme10

Villa - Simply lethal. He sensed goals like a predator on a prey's path. The 40-50 yard shot. :wothy:
Thiago - Brilliant in midfield. Instilled a sense of relative calm and composure in possession.
Song - Played the most hardest role to play at Barça with near perfection.

Trickykid

The Official Barcaforum.com MoM-thread award
Copa del Rey, Alavés, home (3-1)

1. Villa (53%) he was really good in second half when he played in the middle, often dropped deep. linked really well with the midfielders to knock the ball around ~ xaviniesta
2. Thiago (30,7%) Brilliant in midfield. Instilled a sense of relative calm and composure in possession ~ pawanme10
2. Song (8,5%) He had moments of brilliance in his sliding tackles and dispossessing Alaves on a number of occasion. Then again, he seemed to lack in his passing and fluidity ~ Plip

Villa takes top spot without any real competition for the title. 53% of the votes went his way on a night of two very different halfs for El Guaje. First half was more or less a non-event for the Villa, but much to the delight of everyone on the team but himself, it seemed, he decided to show up in the second half, where he settled the match with two quick fire goals around the hour mark. Whether Villa is happy or not these days is probably debatable, but hey, at least he hasn't done a Tristiano yet.

In 2nd spot, with more than 20% less votes than David Villa, we find Thiago Alcântara. For the first time in 2½ months, mostly due to his lenghty injury, Thiago makes it to the podium. Last time out was in the 4-1 victory against Getafe in Madrid, where Thiago made his long awaited comeback after another long injury layoff. Hopefully he'll stay fit for a long time to come, and if that's the case, there's no doubt he should be a more frequent visitor to The Official Barcaforum.com MoM-thread.

Last man on the podium is none other than the man with a hundred thousand siblings, Alexandre Dimitri Song Billong. Just like it's the case with Thiago, it's been aeons since we last saw Song in these rankings. In fact, we need to go all the way back to the third La Liga round, where we edged Valencia 1-0 on Camp Nou, which incidentally was the one prior to the Getafe match, where Thiago also made his season debut in the rankings. Also Like Thiago he's also only featured once before in The Official Barcaforum.com MoM-thread, and even though the 8,5% of the votes he recieved for his performance against Alavés wasn't exactly impressive, he should still be applauded for the sake of making it here.

Shout-out of the day goes out to Adriano. Not only did he score the all important equalizer, but he also came one measly point from reaching the podium. Oh so close from the versatile Brazilian.

Curious facts of the day:
- For the first time in the history of these rankings, we had 10 players who didn't get any votes. Only 4 players got points, which is a clear as day testament to the rather mediocre performance the team delivered on the night.
- Puyol continues his dreadful showing in this very thread, as he's now gone a whooping 7 matches without being awarded one single point.
- Copa del Rey obviously isn't very popular with the people of Barcaforum.com, as the voting attendance dropped from 37 against Levante to just 17 against Alavés. For the people who aren't fond of math, I can tell you that's 20 voters less than last time.

Anyhow, do click this thread once again this sunday, when Los Leones come to town. Atheltic Bilbao has had a dismal season so far, but as we all know, there's nothing as dangerous as a wounded lion with his back against the wall.

...OK, that's nonsense. Spiders in all shapes, forms and variants are way more dangerous than any lion could ever hope to be!

10q0309.jpg

Last edited:
F

Flavia

...OK, that's nonsense. Spiders in all shapes, forms and variants are way more dangerous than any lion could ever hope to be!
Hahaha. I think I am one of the few people I know, that actually like spiders :p

Great recap, can't believe song beat adriano on this one.

Trickykid

Hahaha. I think I am one of the few people I know, that actually like spiders :p

Great recap, can't believe song beat adriano on this one.

Not fearing spiders is just what they want, Flavia. That, I'm afraid, is the first step towards your doom.

Yeah, I was really surprised about that as well. I actually had to re-count the votes a few times, as I thought I had made a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans