Manchester United

Banana-Rama

Van Gaal for 2-3 years until Giggs takes over(Or they go for :pep:) is the ideal solution.

how would giggs taking over be an ideal solution? you have no idea what he is about as a manager, tactical ability, style of football, transfer market know how, training organization, all a complete unknown with him. it is just sentimental nonsense...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
how would giggs taking over be an ideal solution? you have no idea what he is about as a manager, tactical ability, style of football, transfer market know how, training organization, all a complete unknown with him. it is just sentimental nonsense...

Firstly, Im not a Man Utd fan so I don't know much about Giggs and whether he's a good choice or not, im just repeating what apparently most of you Man Utd fans and your hierarchy wants. Secondly... I for one would like to see Pep take over Man Utd or Arsenal, just to see how he does over there.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End

Wow a Man Utd supporter talking actual sense in regards to this situation!

Banana-Rama

Manchester United's contact with Roma about Strootman availability have been turned down by Roma.

lol Mirand/Benatia not going to United. Kroos turning them down. Cavani saying he's staying in France. Strootman not moving. Chelsea could possibly hijack the Shaw deal.

What bleak outlook for United fans at the moment. Imagine Cesc turns them down too. Pahaha

strootman this summer is not ideal anyway with his injury, better to wait till jan or next summer, i think we'll sign him eventually tho, van gaal is a big fan of him. miranda story was just put out out there by the agent, united sources dismissed it straight away, we were never interested in him. who cares about cavani, we have enough strikers anyway. chelsea are trying to sign felipe luis so i am not worried about them hijacking the shaw deal, mourinho prefers experienced players, especially in defence. it only looks like united are struggling because the media keeps linking us to players that we are not interested in, the number of players we have been linked with this summer is unbelievable and most of the stories are made up, deals will still start happening after the world cup. it won't be any of the newspaper gossip names like kroos, muller, hummels, reus tho, that is just b.s. to sell newspapers...

onzeXI

Firstly, Im not a Man Utd fan so I don't know much about Giggs and whether he's a good choice or not, im just repeating what apparently most of you Man Utd fans and your hierarchy wants. Secondly... I for one would like to see Pep take over Man Utd or Arsenal, just to see how he does over there.

Pep would have to wait until 2017 and I would be surprised if he hasn't already left Bayern before then and has another job ... unless LvG implodes in a year or two.

Banana-Rama

Pep would have to wait until 2017 and I would be surprised if he hasn't already left Bayern before then and has another job ... unless LvG implodes in a year or two.

pep might take a year off again, he did that after leaving barca, so the timing would line-up nicely. i don't know if he would be a good appointment tho, he can play his tiki taka possession football when he's got busquets, y.toure, iniesta, xavi, fabregas, messi, kroos, schweinsteiger, thiago, gotze, ribery, robben to work with in leagues dominated by one or two teams, it would be far more difficult to instill his tactics at united in a much more competitive league. i would prefer jurgen klopp, the way dortmund play is more entertaining and not as difficult for players to fit into..

Last edited:
R

rb3025

Haha papers still talking about 200+ million war chest, I guess they need to sell season tickets. United wont spend anywhere near that amount, also all players snub them - snubchester

Martindn

Haha papers still talking about 200+ million war chest, I guess they need to sell season tickets. United wont spend anywhere near that amount, also all players snub them - snubchester

:cry: If only it wasn't true, though it is only the 1st of june and information based off of twitter, not exactly the bastion of reliability.

Is it really a stretch to say we could spend that amount though? We have signed more sponsorships than players in the last 5 years.

messid10s

:cry: If only it wasn't true, though it is only the 1st of june and information based off of twitter, not exactly the bastion of reliability.

Is it really a stretch to say we could spend that amount though? We have signed more sponsorships than players in the last 5 years.

No team in football history has ever spent that much. I don't think United are a million miles away from challenging it's not like Van Gaal can out Moyes the Moyesiah. My concerns would be Van Persies injury history coupled with the fact he's only getting older. Rooney may be burned out from the world cup plus you've lost a lot of experience in defence. I'd be curious how much input Van Gaal currently has and much is Woodward flying solo.

H

Haruko The Goon

pep might take a year off again, he did that after leaving barca, so the timing would line-up nicely. i don't know if he would be a good appointment tho, he can play his tiki taka possession football when he's got busquets, y.toure, iniesta, xavi, fabregas, messi, kroos, schweinsteiger, thiago, gotze, ribery, robben to work with in leagues dominated by one or two teams, it would be far more difficult to instill his tactics at united in a much more competitive league. i would prefer jurgen klopp, the way dortmund play is more entertaining and not as difficult for players to fit into..

Yup. Pretty much spot on. In a league where there are 2 maybe 3 teams competing, it's easier to win (or more likely, as a better word)

In the Premiership there are 5 top teams, and then another 3 very good sides. Having 1 style rarley works. You have to be able to adjust, so the manager needs to be a tactical pro. Guariola is a good manager, I'd like for him to prove himself a little more.

To be a little more accomplished if he wins a Serie A with someone other than Juve, or wins the premiership without having City/Chelsea money.

Yeah, they're fucking Man Utd, they should be picking up superstars with ease, it's funny how difficult they're finding it. I think they'll prefer to build the team over the course of the next 2 or 3 years, rather than having already made superstars bought in.

Shaw/Barkley/Jones/Rafael/Januzaj/Mata/Strootman/Kroos If they can get this set of players, and keep them for the long haul, they'll be riproaring again.

He's a good manager, but to rubber stamp himself of greatness, he'd have to do the undoable.

Last edited:

BenRobbins

So according to Pilib de Brun who has recently called absolutely everything right before anybody else recently (although some united fans think he is a tosser) we had agreed deals for shaw and kroos a month or two ago. LvG doesn't want kroos and prefers Schweinsteiger so they are trying to do a deal for him which i see as highly unlikely. Cavani is desperate to join for a reported 55m because Woodward is desperate for a "Marquee" signing however LvG is happy with the strikers atm and is likely to only play 1 up top which will presumably be RvP. We also looked at Mangala and Godin but thought they were not value for money and cesc was a huge target for moyes but LvG doesnt want him. Also Hummels appears to be the closest to signing according to Andy Mitten which i really do not believe to be true but he is extremely reliable. All in all alot of talk but nothing happening at all which is extremely worrying haha.

Apologies about the long post just a quick update at where things are at.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I think you'll still sign Shaw but as for the rest of the players I can't see it apart from Mangala maybe but who knows.

BenRobbins

yeah i think we will get shaw but it has to be done soon. I really cannot see us getting hummels or schweinsteiger, absolutely no chance. Really struggling to see who we can actually buy this summer.

Home of Barca Fans