Manchester United

zanela

I rate Herrera. Been a fan of him since I saw him combine with Thiago at the u21 euros couple of years ago. I think Lvg's mentoring will take him to the next level. Personally, prefer him to rakitic.

I haveta say I'm jealous. Mathieu as a CB, is no consolation.

Unbiased United

Can't believe some Manchunians actually believed they bought Herrera for 36m :lol:

Same shit as last year. :zubi: you have some serious competition from woodward

Still laughing kiddo?

Shaw having his medical at United too and should be confirmed asap (reported by the BBC too, and they don't pipe up until it's concrete). A very nice start to proceedings, and one or two more on top of that and the league will be like we never left (hired Moyes).

Banana-Rama

What a wierd 8 months, two spanish midfielders and a dutch coach. Who would of thought it before Sir Alex left.

any midfielder, who would of thought it before sir alex left, we probably would of gone another 7 years without signing one had sir alex continued :p

Gilberto

Good, but also very expensive signings. Shaw will have you covered for the next 10 years at least so he's worth the money. Herrera brings a lot of creativity and energy to your midfield but aren't there any other players similar to him for 20 million less?

Anyway, I hope they turn out to be great signings.
I like LvG and RvP so hopefully Utd will do well again.

Unbiased United

Good, but also very expensive signings. Shaw will have you covered for the next 10 years at least so he's worth the money. Herrera brings a lot of creativity and energy to your midfield but aren't there any other players similar to him for 20 million less?

Anyway, I hope they turn out to be great signings.
I like LvG and RvP so hopefully Utd will do well again.

I don't know to be honest, I don't watch enough Spanish football to give an objective opinion.

I hear he's a very good midfielder though, and that is a huge upgrade on what we have now. So even if he isn't a world beater, you'd think he'd still improve us a fair bit. Not to mention we have money to burn, so as long as we bring the right players in I don't really care how much they cost. Time will tell though.

Shaw is a no-brainer. It might seem like a lot, but as you say the length of service we can expect from him will make it seem like a bargain. It helps that he's English too, because if he were a young Spanish player I'd worry we might loose him to Barca or Real if he progressed. However, for British players the pinnacle is usually playing for United. Assuming he does sign, I'm confident he''ll be our left back version of Ferdinand; Bought at an high price but very much worth it.

Gilberto

You could have signed Strootman for 20m last season.

Yeah, but tbh not a whole lot of people expected him to adapt to the higher level that easily and quickly.
I think Utd was one of many clubs that did not want to take that risk.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yeah, but tbh not a whole lot of people expected him to adapt to the higher level that easily and quickly.
I think Utd was one of many clubs that did not want to take that risk.

20m is hardly that much for Man Utd and would've been worth the risk. He may not have adapted and rised so quickly, but he would have sure as hell been better than the likes of Cleverely.

I know. Word is we'll be back for him in January since LVG rates him so highly...won't be as cheap though obviously.

I doubt AS Roma will sell unless you pay the double of what they paid for him, especially after how awesome he was for them before his injury...

Gilberto

Yup, LvG rates him VERY highly. Because of his absence, LvG decided to change the whole system for the Dutch NT. He really is a fantastic player: he is a leader, fights untill the very last second and has all assets of a box-to-box midfielder.

Unbiased United

20m is hardly that much for Man Utd and would've been worth the risk. He may not have adapted and rised so quickly, but he would have sure as hell been better than the likes of Cleverely.

I doubt AS Roma will sell unless you pay the double of what they paid for him, especially after how awesome he was for them before his injury...

Yeah, unfortunately you are right on both accounts.

Yup, LvG rates him VERY highly. Because of his absence, LvG decided to change the whole system for the Dutch NT. He really is a fantastic player: he is a leader, fights untill the very last second and has all assets of a box-to-box midfielder.

Off topic, but doesn't that just go to show how a good a manger LVG is. He didn't have much time from changing the system to enforcing his new one for the WC either.

I'm rooting for Holland now too btw :lol:

Martindn

Mitten: “Shaw’s family have long preferred a move to Utd over Chelsea as they know it’s a more stable club & doesn’t rely on a benefactor”

Them actually wanting to play with us is a halfway decent consolation for the price. Im guessing the wage helps there disposition ;)

Banana-Rama

To his defence, you paid 43M and a bit. Not 36.

it has not been reported by anyone that united paid tax on it, maybe the amount given to herrera to pay the clause was ruled not to be income, so tax didn't have to be paid on it, your just making up that 43 million euros figure as it has not been reported anywhere, all we know is united paid the £29 million, whether there was tax paid maybe we will never know but it has not been reported anywhere...

Home of Barca Fans