Manchester United

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Maybe because every source are reporting the transfer fee you paid for him? The transfer fee is 36m, but the taxes/VATs adds up in the total cost of the transfer which is never revealed by any club. The money you paid solely for the player, Ander Herrera excluding everything else still stands at 42-43m.

Neymar's transfer fee is still 59m euros or something, but with all the rubbish added up, the total cost inc agent fee and everything else was at over 90m euros.

That's the way it works and that's the way the media moves.

Martindn

Didnt bayern get off with paying no tax for Martinez or was that wrong? Maybe we lawyered our way out of it somehow, had the past year to think of it. Everywhere is reporting it as 36.

Unbiased United

To his defence, you paid 43M and a bit. Not 36.

There's absolutely nothing concrete at all saying we paid more than the 36 million Euros for him, just all paper talk. Until either of the clubs confirm it, or a solid source like the BBC put their name to it, there is no reason to think otherwise. I mean my understanding is that Herrera himself paid some extra to force a move, but that could be a load of shite too.

Either way, it was good seeing that Cule4life fella, so full of boastful condescension, being made to look like a bit of an idiot.

Banana-Rama

Maybe because every source are reporting the transfer fee you paid for him? The transfer fee is 36m, but the taxes/VATs adds up in the total cost of the transfer which is never revealed by any club. The money you paid solely for the player, Ander Herrera excluding everything else still stands at 42-43m.

Neymar's transfer fee is still 59m euros or something, but with all the rubbish added up, the total cost inc agent fee and everything else was at over 90m euros.

That's the way it works and that's the way the media moves.

again, how do you know that the amount given to herrera to pay the buyout was judged as income by the authorities, income tax only has to be paid on it if the amount was judged to be income for herrera. also, what is the income tax rate that would be applicable to this type of scenario, the tax rate varies based on your yearly income, so what tax rate are you using for this scenario to come up with that figure...

Cule4life

The Culest
it has not been reported by anyone that united paid tax on it, maybe the amount given to herrera to pay the clause was ruled not to be income, so tax didn't have to be paid on it, your just making up that 43 million euros figure as it has not been reported anywhere, all we know is united paid the £29 million, whether there was tax paid maybe we will never know but it has not been reported anywhere...

You really are clueless dont you? Yeah the law is so easy to manipulate. Bayern were such idiots not to do that......

Banana-Rama

You really are clueless dont you? Yeah the law is so easy to manipulate. Bayern were such idiots not to do that......

i am not saying that is the case, just that we don't know either way whether tax had to be paid on it or not, it is not about manipulating the law. i notice you didn't address my other questions, what is the tax rate that is applicable in a scenario like this in terms of percentage, for regular people tax rate depends on yearly income, where are people getting the figure of 43 million euros from...

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
i am not saying that is the case, just that we don't know either way whether tax had to be paid on it or not, it is not about manipulating the law. i notice you didn't address my other questions, what is the tax rate that is applicable in a scenario like this in terms of percentage, for regular people tax rate depends on yearly income, where are people getting the figure of 43 million euros from...

Tax is 21%. So it will be 7.56m making the total 43.56m. If you trigger the buyout clause you have to pay tax. That's as certain as the dumps I take every day. Whether it's being reported or not doesn't matter. Maybe woodward is suppressing the info to redeem whatever little credibility he has left and avoid backlash from fans and fans like you buy into it.

hardyboy

If you've paid his buyout clause you can't get away without the tax. Thats the law set up by the spanish government and you've to pay it.I'm pretty sure the total amount including the taxes is around 43m.

Maria

36 or 43M euros, in the end you still overpaid for him IMO. And paying 100M euros for Mata+Herrera+Fellaini makes even Zubi look good.

Cule4life

The Culest
There's absolutely nothing concrete at all saying we paid more than the 36 million Euros for him, just all paper talk. Until either of the clubs confirm it, or a solid source like the BBC put their name to it, there is no reason to think otherwise. I mean my understanding is that Herrera himself paid some extra to force a move, but that could be a load of shite too.

Either way, it was good seeing that Cule4life fella, so full of boastful condescension, being made to look like a bit of an idiot.

And there's absolutely nothing concrete at all saying you didn't pay taxes on the 36 million Euros for him, just all paper talk.Two can play at this game.

Just forget the news and actually use some logic. Bilbao never negotiate. They force you to pay buyout clause tax even though they don't receive a penny from it to dissuade clubs from buying their players. Why would they do United a favour and don't force you to pay tax. It's not condescension just common sense

Banana-Rama

Tax is 21%. So it will be 7.56m making the total 43.56m. If you trigger the buyout clause you have to pay tax. That's as certain as the dumps I take every day. Whether it's being reported or not doesn't matter. Maybe woodward is suppressing the info to redeem whatever little credibility he has left and avoid backlash from fans and fans like you buy into it.

i am not buying into anything, all i am saying is we don't know either way, stop being so rude, you wouldn't talk to me like that if we were face to face mr keyboard warrior. personally i don't really care either way, i have stopped caring about transfer fees, the club makes a fortune in revenue and can afford to pay big fees, we have underspent for many years in comparison to other big clubs.

Cule4life

The Culest
Sorry mate if I came off as rude just making a point. Still despite his high transfer fee Herrera is a massive downgrade over Lord Cleverley

S7_MUFC

All the sources are telling us that Herrara himself paid the fee so, if the club deposited amount in his account should either be taxed as income at 44%or shouldn't be taxed at all. There is no way VAT of 21% is charged because definition of VAT doesn't fit that scenario so people shouting 21% and accusing others of being clueless are just jumping on bandwagon based on a few articles that aren't even published by any credible source.....Either we paid 44% or we paid nothing and my gut tells me that we're not going to pay around 15 million on taxes...and not all amount deposited into your account is seen as income tax specially the amount that only stays in your account for a few hours....

Home of Barca Fans